Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:08:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

For those who wanted to contribute to Numb.....

Started by hoverdonkey, February 02, 2004, 02:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoverdonkey

My last attempt to garner support was scuppered because the old-new site went down on the same day before I had the chance to get hold of everyone's emails. So if people like Bill Oddie and CK are still up for it, let me know and we'll get it all moving again.

Cheers all

Des Nilsen

Cerys

Dr David V

New magazine? Sounds sexy... What sort of thing are you looking to include?

european son

Quote from: "Dr David V"New magazine? Sounds sexy... What sort of thing are you looking to include?

i think we need it to be weekly, and aimed at lads, with footy and tits and celebrity stories!

Dr David V

Well there's that lovely picture of Mr J. J. J. J. Heej somewhere, isn't there? That would make a perfect cover picture.

hoverdonkey

Busy at work at the minute but i'll re-post the proposal at some point later when it calms down a bit.

Frinky

I can write, but I'm not cool, imaginative or even good at lying. However, I would love to have a part in this (teaboy?). PM me when you have the time...

Vermschneid Mehearties

I'm very intrieged by the sounds of this. More than happy to do some writing. I have a Primary School level 6 in my SATS. Along with all sorts of other less important English-related accolades such as KS3's, GCSE's and A-Levels.

Unless you hate me, or I'm too young, in which case I'll fuck off.

hoverdonkey

Turns out I'm busy tonight too, but I have the next couple of days off so promise I will email/PM those who have replied.

For those who don't know - Numb, or whatever it ends up being called, is a magazine that shuns the cult of celebrity in favour of those with genuine talent, whether that be in music, film, books, TV, video-games, photoshopping, whatever.

It was a set of icons and heroes who represent the ideology of the magazine and anyone in it has to sit comfortably in that list. It also produces its own material - from short stories to comedic stuff and takes the best of the internet and puts it into print - with permission obviously - so it can be enjoyed in the comfort  of the armchair.

It'll also have a serious features section which I haven't got time to go into but as you can see it covers a fairly broad canvas so if it is something you think you could get involved with, let me know.

As I said before the board crashed, this has been kicking about for a year, but after much business on my part working, trying to move, breaking limbs and starting up other projects, we're finally pushing ahead with this and are working quickly top get it 'out there'. That's it, back to work. Cheers all.

Edit: spelling retard

weekender

Quote from: "Vermschneid Mehearties"I have a Primary School level 6 in my SATS. Along with all sorts of other less important English-related accolades such as KS3's, GCSE's and A-Levels.

What are SATS and KS3's?  Seriously, never heard of them.

Dr David V

SATS are pointless tests you do in years 3, 6 and 9. If we're thinking the same way, KS3s are Key Skills qualifications, which cover communication, numeracy and IT. It is very dull.

Vermschneid Mehearties

QuoteIt was a set of icons and heroes who represent the ideology of the magazine and anyone in it has to sit comfortably in that list. It also produces its own material - from short stories to comedic stuff and takes the best of the internet and puts it into print - with permission obviously - so it can be enjoyed in the comfort of the armchair.

That sounds great. Not shitting you about or arse-kissing, but that sounds like something I would actually buy.

Oh, and the SATS thing..they're tests I've had to do throughout my life that one after another rendered the previous absolutely redundant.

Quote from: "hoverdonkey"For those who don't know - Numb, or whatever it ends up being called, is a magazine that shuns the cult of celebrity in favour of those with genuine talent, whether that be in music, film, books, TV, video-games, photoshopping, whatever.
How regular is this magazine intended to come out? Is it meant to be a print magazine, or summat online?

hoverdonkey

Quote from: "Garfield And Friends"
How regular is this magazine intended to come out? Is it meant to be a print magazine, or summat online?

It'll be monthly 'with an online presence'.

Mister Six

king mob

Quote from: "hoverdonkey"
Quote from: "Garfield And Friends"

It'll be monthly 'with an online presence'.

How are you looking to pay for & distrbute the mag?

Abbie

Can I be in charge of marketing?  With images like this up my sleeve, I can't see how you could refuse.....

twatloops

Hey Hover,

I'm still interseted in hearing the plot if you need a photographer.