Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:58:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Day Today DVD - BBC Press Release

Started by weirdbeard, February 03, 2004, 02:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weirdbeard

Well I posted this just before the forum went down last week, so I'll post it again.  Plus someone's bound to start a TDT DVD thread sooner or later anyway....

BlackStar and Amazon UK are both giving a 26th April release date for this.  However, BBC Shop are still saying it's out on the 1st March.  If the April release date is true, is there any significant reasons for the delay?  Maybe adding some more extra content at the last minute?  Hope so.

EDIT:  Just changed the topic title slightly to attract extra attention.  Press release ishere

butnut

I think Darrell (as we must now call him) said something about working on a second disk - which is great news.

I do hope it is 26th April - it's the day after my birthday!

Darrell

Yeah, this is the first date that's actually got any weight to it, I was expecting it to slip to about April. The delay is due to additional work on the extras, which is a delay I'm happy to see.

Cor, I'm so excited about this disc. Just to see even one minute of TDT that I haven't seen before will be amazing, but with this disc we're being spoiled rotten.

TotalNightmare

oooh, like a special chocolate at the Ambassador's ball....

Amazon have a April 26th release date for it. And they also have the a picture of the cover which has Alan Partidge on it - and no-one else.

Bit of a cheek since Partidge was just a bit-part player and it was essentially Morris's show.

Marketing - eh.

Darrell

Quote from: "Tom Pynchon's Photo"And they also have the a picture of the cover which has Alan Partidge on it - and no-one else.

Gah! It ain't the real cover - trust me here. I wrote a massive breakdown of why it isn't but the forum farted it out.

butnut

Quote from: "Tom Pynchon's Photo"Bit of a cheek since Partidge was just a bit-part player and it was essentially Morris's show.

Marketing - eh.

Oh yes - does anyone have those great mock-up Day Today covers from the old site? Was it Rats who did that particularily high-quality one?

Quick search, and here it is:

axel

Think this was mentioned on the old forum, but an article about the DVD here:

http://www.dvdreview.net/news/story.shtml?news.REF=943

Artemis

'Ello. Sorry - I have no idea who Darrell is, and with this site being as twatted as a gay recently I seem to have missed out on something... do we now have an 'indisder' or sorts? If so, great! Blackstar also emailed me to let me know of 26th April, which I'm happy to wait until if it means a DVD worthy of TDT. Not any longer, mind you. 27th April and no DVD and shit will go down. I'll probably blow something up or something.

Vermschneid Mehearties

*almost has a heart attack*

Thank fuck that 'DVD cover' has been rescued. I laughed out loud just thinking about it earlier.

Darrell

Quote from: "Artemis"'Ello. Sorry - I have no idea who Darrell is, and with this site being as twatted as a gay recently I seem to have missed out on something... do we now have an 'indisder' or sorts? If so, great!

I'm no insider, I'm just sirkobble under an anti-pseudonym. Adam Tandy occasionally posts fancy prick-teases at a handful of other forums, so there's yer insider speaking direct. He's confirmed that the DVD will feature new stuff, and it did suggest it was actual footage rather than just audio.

I'm hoping for a Sound Bin like we got on Brass Eye, actually. I'd better attempt to mention it somewhere in case it's not planned, then I can at least say I tried.

Artemis

weekender

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3383504969&category=35019

It's nice to know that if you can't find the Day Today DVD in a shop when it comes out, someone out there is already willing to sell you a copy at an inflated price on Ebay.

Tokyo Sexwhale

Quote from: "butnut"

I think "Amelie Bullmore" would be more famous for Coronation Street.  Quoting "Big Train" would hardly register with the proles.

mcbpete

Hey dude, same here  !!!
(the same as my ma's birthday as well)

2pintz

from play.com

http://playcom.at/cookdandbombd?DURL=http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=search&adudisc=y

Special Features:

Audio commentary with Chris Morris and Armando Ianucci
Stills gallery
Steve Coogan/Mark Radcliffe interview providing insight into making of the show
Biographies
10 minutes of extended scenes

im sure it sbeen mentioned before, but its my first post, and i though it was good....

2pintz

butnut

That's good news. Thanks. (The link doesn't work by the way)

They've got this cover:

I hope it isn't real.

Darrell

Reports and rumours seem to suggest that there has definitely been a full, in-character cast commentary recorded, so is this a seperate production commentary? If so, wow.

Then again, they're still using that cover.

DuncanC

I'm not worried about the possibility of that shit, shit cover any more - has anyone seen http://www.dvdcoverart.com ? I'm sure if they do go with this one (or one just as bad) someone'll be able to make their own far better one we can all replace it with.

Purple Tentacle

QuoteOther DVDs featuring Chris Morris  
Brass Eye, Chris Morris' Jam - Complete Series (2 Discs), Alan Partridge - I'm Alan Partridge

QuoteOther DVDs featuring Steve Coogan  
24 Hour Party People (2002) (1 Disc), 24 Hour Party People (2002) (2 Discs), Alan Partridge - I'm Alan Partridge, I'm Alan Partridge - Series 2, Knowing Me, Knowing You - The Complete Series (Plus The Christmas Special), Paul And Pauline Calf's Cheese And Ham Sandwich, Robbie The Reindeer In Hooves Of Fire - New Re-Edited Version, Steve Coogan: Coogan's Run - The First Lap / The Final Hurdle , Steve Coogan: Live 'N Lewd / The Man Who Thinks He's It, The Parole Officer, Comic Relief: Seriously Funny!, Cruise Of The Gods, The Wind In The Willows (1996), Doctor Terrible's House Of Horrible - Series 1

Get that man's face on the shelf of every house in Britain!

butnut

butnut

Yes - it's not bad. Makes it look like a horror film or something.

And no Alan Partridge - hooray!

Hans

I really like it.  There's something about having 'complete' just there on it's own that I enjoy.

Purple Tentacle

Coo, I like that.

Just needs some strange choral moaning and apes stroking it and getting ideas....

butnut

Quote from: "mcbpete"

Hey dude, same here  !!!
(the same as my ma's birthday as well)

Shit - I didn't notice this. I think that TraceyQ's birthday's on the same day too. Spooky.

(Sorry to slightly hijack the thread, please return to drooling over TDT DVD)

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "butnut"Could this be the cover?

http://www.bbcshop.com/invt/bbcdvd1218

It's from the BBC shop site.

Just to bump this over to the next page.

Darrell

Hmm, not sure. It's nice enough as it is (I'd be happy to accept that, but perhaps with the logo in colour), but it still looks like a fake.

Fake alerts this time:
1) Rather than 'BBC', it should be 'BBC DVD' printed at the top left
2) The 15 certificate on the front is too big (and look at the rash of artefacts around it!)
3) There shouldn't be a certificate on the side
4) It's still using the cheapo Powerpointish HMV boxset logo
5) The 3D bending isn't done right - there are numerous mistakes there
6) There should be a BBC logo on the spine

In summary - quite nice, but probably still a fake and likely done by the same person as the Partridge cover. Who this is and how they're submitting them I haven't a clue but they're obviously enjoying themselves.

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Darrell"3) There shouldn't be a certificate on the side

Why not? All my DVDs have a certificate on the side.

I know this beause they make me look like a juvenile with a stack of PGs.