Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:33:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Really weird TV - Receiver problem. Media PC not playing sound properly now...

Started by Ringside, November 05, 2018, 01:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringside

Okay, I'm hoping there are a couple of home theater nuts in here that could possibly help me?

A couple of days ago, my son was watching something on youtube, via our mini PC in the living room, which is connected to the TV via a receiver. He said the sound had stopped working. Thinking he may have pressed something on the remote, I played around with it and had no luck.

The weird thing is, if I put on WWE Network, it works fine, through the speakers as it always has. Everything else seems to have stopped pushing audio through.

I've changed HDMI inputs and outputs, factory reset the receiver and remote control.

I'm out of ideas.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks a lot.

surreal

Is the WWE in a different format audio?  By which I mean have you switched the receiver to DTS 7.1 or something that may not be supported by the other channels?  Just a thought.

Ringside

Thanks for the reply, mate. That was my first thought too.

I still can't work out what happened, or why WWE Network worked when nothing else did, but, when I went into playback devices on the PC, for some reason, the receiver had got itself listed twice. I changed the default to the OTHER one that was in there, and magically everything worked again.

I can't really explain how or why this happened.

surreal

yeah, that's weird - I've had issues with playing stuff through Kodi where I've accidentally switched the format, but for a bit of kit to show up twice in your devices is really odd.