Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 05:09:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

'Sorry Dr Rock, you are banned from using this forum! Dont come back this time.'

Started by No Name Maddox, November 06, 2018, 10:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenman

There was I think a genuine surrealness to poo's profanity that made it amusing, the rest of us just ended up sounding like try hards trying to replicate it.

Ferris

Shouldn't the Poo talk be split into its own topic now? Otherwise were in danger of turning this into a list thread.

bgmnts

I dont like lolrandom much either. Except Bob Mortimer, he gets a pass.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on November 09, 2018, 01:10:53 PM
Shouldn't the Poo talk be split into its own topic now? Otherwise were in danger of turning this into a listerine thread.

ftfy

Mr_Simnock

QuoteIt's all just so Peter's Friends

That has just given me a right laugh that (back from page 11), thanks for that great put down Neil, I'm nicking that one for defo. and I agree with it entirely

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: doppelkorn on November 09, 2018, 10:09:49 AM
Don't ever stop being you, Neil.

Christ, you're being a right cunt today Doppelkorn, there's really no need for any of your posts in this thread.

pancreas

I think here is an example of the verbal skill Twit 2 was talking about:

14.   Turdginald Guntmuler's Grubby Little Mung-Out Forsk

Some thoughts: it is an absurdly long name, which in itself is just a thing anyone could do—string some nonsense together—but success requires it to have some natural rhythm, which I think it does. Stresses on syllables 'turd, gunt mung', sort of in 3/4 time:

TURD gin ald
GUNT mul ers
Grubbylittle (a 4-tuplet)
MUNG-out For
sk

Obviously there's also the inanity of the name Reginald with Reg replaced by Turd, the plausibility of Guntmuler  (I think it should really be Guntmühler tho) as a surname, the forsk a well-known poo calling-card and the fact one is left to speculate on what the probably disgusting process of munging out is.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Zetetic on November 08, 2018, 10:24:54 PM
It's getting worse as well, I think. Feel like I need to sleep for a month and then I might be able to convey meaning again for a while.

Naa, you're alright, was only ribbing you. With my ocelot.

I liked poo, quite a lot of their stuff was genuinely inspired and surreal but I can understand why it might get on people's nerves because it was a lot of the same sort of joke. There was once a 'barbed wire penis through the letterbox' (I think it was a drawing/comic?) gag that made me howl with laughter and then chuckle every time I thought of it for days afterward though. I have to say that I didn't pay much attention so I was completely unaware of any character context, I just found the bits and bobs I saw funny as is

New Jack

This thread is getting me down. I don't think I like being called a fucking twat just for being mature. Even as a joke. I'll be back next week. Have a good weekend.

Endicott

The poster Poo was a lovely guy, but wow did he create a monster - Poo fandom. Fans of Poo, cunts to a man. All good things come to an end, get a grip and give it a fucking rest.

Brundle-Fly

After this thread, if he was allowed, I suspect Dr Rock might not want to return after all.

madhair60

Noonling

I for one think this thread is jolly good fun and anyone who disagrees is a horse fancier.

pancreas

Quote from: Endicott on November 09, 2018, 03:04:37 PM
The poster Poo was a lovely guy, but wow did he create a monster - Poo fandom. Fans of Poo, cunts to a man. All good things come to an end, get a grip and give it a fucking rest.

I'm sorry, are you calling me a cunt? I don't think I could contain myself if that's what was happening.

Barry Admin

Locking it again - sorry, but it's spiralled into awfulness and loads of you are going to start drinking soon, so let's leave this one.