Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:49:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Will they/won't they couples

Started by Clownbaby, November 06, 2018, 04:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clownbaby

Quote from: bgmnts on November 07, 2018, 10:59:30 AM
Kinda why I like it a bit, to be honest. It's very real.

Eh. Agree to disagree.

Gregory Torso

Cliff and Norm in Cheers. Always negging each other, Norm pretending to have a wife that he hated, Cliff putting goldfish crackers into Norm's mouth that time Norm pretended his arms had stopped working because his wife had pushed him downstairs after the toilet broke. The plotline with the lubricant bath in the men's toilets that Cliff "accidentally" got stuck in and only Norm had passed his first aid course so he had to go and rescue him from the grease trap. It just went on and on.

Brundle-Fly

Listening to the podcast Rule Of Three with Tom Davies discussing The Wonder Years with the hosts, I forgot how perfectly realised the Will they/won't they arc and subsequent payoff between Kevin and Winny was.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: bgmnts on November 07, 2018, 09:59:11 AM
I thought Scrubs did it decently with JD and Elliot.

After what he did to her in season 3(?) when he fought to steal her from a good guy then realised he didn't love her. I know they "talked it out" or whatever before they got back together, but it still seemed ridiculous that she would get back with him.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Clownbaby on November 07, 2018, 10:19:06 AM
I could have done without him to be honest. I'm convinced it's down to casting though, Zach Braff is a bit of a strange one.

Yeah, I'm with you on this, I couldn't stand JD and he ruined the series for me but a less whiny actor could have made him more likeable.

a duncandisorderly

jed & kate in "the opposite sex" (pre 'heroes' milo ventimiglia, & allison mack before she got into bother)

also joel & maggie in 'northern exposure'. I thought that one was particularly good. when they finally ended up shagging, I thought they'd kill each other.

bgmnts

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on November 07, 2018, 12:45:03 PM
After what he did to her in season 3(?) when he fought to steal her from a good guy then realised he didn't love her. I know they "talked it out" or whatever before they got back together, but it still seemed ridiculous that she would get back with him.

See I personally find that very real. I am sure most of us have been in that boat.

Maybe it's just because Scrubs is much better than Friends as a general sitcom it sits better with me, who knows.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: bgmnts on November 07, 2018, 03:49:54 PM
See I personally find that very real. I am sure most of us have been in that boat.

Erm, nope, can't say I've ever even come close to being in that situation.

Chollis

Quote from: bgmnts on November 07, 2018, 03:49:54 PM

No

smudge1971

Rupert Rigsby and Ruth Jones. All he needed to stop being a cantankerous racist misanthrope was to watch those dimples blush in orgasm,and all she ever needed was to be physically and vigorously convinced that she was attractive.

bgmnts

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on November 07, 2018, 04:09:44 PM
Erm, nope, can't say I've ever even come close to being in that situation.

You've never wanted someone, got with them, then figured out you didn't want them?

Just me then!

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: bgmnts on November 07, 2018, 04:50:04 PM
You've never wanted someone, got with them, then figured out you didn't want them?

Just me then!

That's not the same as JD's situation, unless you seduced her out of a serious relationship, realised immediately that you never wanted her after all and dumped her like a day or two later.

Jockice

Not comedy, but I despised that coffee couple with every fibre of my being. I'd read things like: "The whole of Britain is waiting to see if they get together." Apart from me who was hoping the kettle would fatally electrocute them.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Jockice on November 07, 2018, 05:59:17 PM
Not comedy, but I despised that coffee couple with every fibre of my being. I'd read things like: "The whole of Britain is waiting to see if they get together." Apart from me who was hoping the kettle would fatally electrocute them.

agreed... sharon maughan & that bloke.... from 'buffy'... it wasn't even real coffee, ffs.