Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:46:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tetris Effect

Started by The Boston Crab, November 07, 2018, 06:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Imagine if every time you breathed in and out, it made music like the swell of an orchestra.

Let's be honest, that would be a hellish nightmare but if you could choose when it happened, you'd be blown away by it. Same thing.

EXACT same thing.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Is there a bit where you need a stick but no it's another block where am I going to put it

Thursday

It should just let you choose what block you want to use next instead. Such an obvious improvement, don't know why nobody's done it.

kittens

imagine actually playing tetris

Neighbour came over and said stop whooping and I said try this out and he was utterly speechless. He said I honestly can't believe you're whooping because of that shit. Cut the whooping or your kid is finished.

Z

Quote from: The Boston Crab on November 13, 2018, 05:22:37 PM
You know it's by the Lumines guy, right?

This is basically a mix of Tetris, Lumines and Rez and cosmic space elfs.

I have to say  though, it's so so far beyond Lumines, though. It's more like Area X in Rez Infinite but with much better, much more interesting visuals and equally great music.
It really does sound like it's Lumines for today's tech though?

Lumines came out in 2005 and was amazing for the tech it was on, but there's been no real evolution on the formula whatsoever and there maybe just isn't room for any. I'd have to imagine the dynamics of Lumines would just be overwhelming  with the aesthetic and VR of Tetris Effect.

madhair60

Quote from: Z on November 17, 2018, 09:44:49 AM
It really does sound like it's Lumines for today's tech though?

Lumines came out in 2005 and was amazing for the tech it was on, but there's been no real evolution on the formula whatsoever and there maybe just isn't room for any. I'd have to imagine the dynamics of Lumines would just be overwhelming  with the aesthetic and VR of Tetris Effect.

When I say beyond Lumines, I mean that the dynamic changes to music and visuals are beyond what Lumines does. It's basically Rez Area X type wonder, Lumines skins and music, Tetris gameplay and a whole load of amazing dynamic stuff from an art gallery video installation kind of thing. The combination is sickkkkk.

I'd really love a Lumines VR though, it would be intense.

VelourSpirit

Do you have to be good at Tetris to play this? In all my years of occasionally playing Tetris I've never bothered to get better at it and don't really want to buy a £40 Tetris game where I have to be good if I want to see more of the colours and sounds Im interested in. I like the sound of that dolphin in the game and I just want to play with that really.

TIAL

I'm shit at Tetris and this is one of my favourite games of the year.
I mean if you actively dislike Tetris this isn't going to give you anything more but if you're willing to have a go then it's great.

Hank Venture

The visuals look like acid visuals. I want to microdose and play this in VR.

Got back to me this after a few days of proper illness. I'm very gently easing myself in with VR but this is a pretty low intensity game in terms of movement and any related motion sickness or weirdness and it is absolutely marvellous. All the weird shifts in the visuals are so immersive and enveloping in VR. The level with the swinging jewels is so gorgeous once they fill up with coloured gems and start swinging around and glittering. It's a remarkable feeling. That's me well and truly done for the night after ten or fifteen minutes but I can't wait til I can play this for longer periods. I'm sure I could now but I just don't want to risk ruining this for myself.