Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:47:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Celebrity Voices in Games

Started by Sin Agog, November 08, 2018, 04:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Quote from: thenoise on November 18, 2020, 03:47:03 PM
On the original release of Simon the Sorcerer I assumed snotty teenaged Simon to sound more like Harry Enfield's Kevin. So surprised that Chris Barrie voiced the character in the sequel as a wise-cracking cynic, but basically sounding much like Rimmer bizarrely reading out the dialog for my beloved Simon. A bizarre choice.

Chris Barrie voiced Simon in the original, voice actor Brian Bowles voiced the sarky teenage version in the sequel.

thenoise

Fuck's sake. It's been a while. My faulty memory bubbled faultily to the surface as apparently it's available on my mobile now.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Sin Agog on November 08, 2018, 04:17:54 PM
And I'll extend that to notable character actors and basically anyone who's made their mark on film and tee-vee lending their voice to a vidya game character.

Probably the first time I ever noticed one was that Bruce Willis twin-stick shooter on the PS, Apocalypse, which cycled through about six quips so fucking often that my brother and I will have them programmed into ours and our ancestors' DNA forever.  Our genetically-engineered, pansexual great³³ grand-children will be telling one another to open up their respective cans of whoop-ass and have no idea why.

Lock and Load.

Bronzy

Quote from: Utter Shit on November 09, 2018, 01:36:10 PM
Yep 100%, I'd love to see the other guys on screen to see if they are similarly well-represented.

Here's a video of Shawn Fonteno (Franklin) on screen, he's only been in three films so there aren't many clips of him:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=rw06sAJAZk8

And here's Ned Luke (Michael) on screen:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=bX-EIBtXBbo