Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:03:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Weird text message.

Started by Endicott, November 08, 2018, 09:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Endicott

Weird. I just got a text saying my Mint Velvet delivery will be delivered tomorrow. 30 min later another text saying it will be diverted to Sainsbury's in Harpenden, for collection after 12 noon. I had to google Mint Velvet, it's a women's clothing outlet. Since I've never ordered anything from them, I wonder what's going on? Text message error? Has someone cloned my phone? Is that even possible? I wish I'd payed more attention last time I was listening to You and Yours talking about unauthorised SIM replacements.

New Jack

Some daft fucker's put your mobile number in when they signed up, happens all the time to me. Even more via email.

I mean, just yesterday, I got this baffling invitation to do er some thing:

QuoteI work with Greg Lukmire here in our office in Arlington and we were wondering if this RFP is something you would be interested in pursuing with us. It's more of a system wide assessment of the libraries in Pittsylvania County, VA and less of an architecture project but we would be interested in teaming if they needed design input and cost estimating in support of the study. Please review and let me know what you think. Thanks.

Keith D. Leonard - RA, LEED AP, Principal

RRMM® Lukmire Architects

My advice to you is the same as for myself: Take advantage of it! You score free women's clothing by doing a password reset sent to your mobile; I get a free trip to Pittsylvania County, VA to do a free systemwide assessment of their libraries.

Edit: replied to mine with "I would absolutely love to be flown to whatever airport is nearest to Pittsylvania County, VA. I even promise to do my utmost to give you a request-for-proposal based on my findings. However, as I am an unemployed man in England, with absolutely zero training that would assist you, and my report would be literal nonsense, I think it only fair I give you a chance to change your mind. I would love a free trip though! Do keep me posted"

NEW JACK'S GOING TO VIRGINIA

Anyway, OP, enjoy your womens' clothes

momatt

It's probably just a ghost or something.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: New Jack on November 08, 2018, 09:45:20 PM

NEW JACK'S GOING TO VIRGINIA

That's about an hour from here. If the bastards fly you to Raleigh-Durham, I'll give you a bag lunch and a gun for the trip. Be sure to see the bigass confederate flag

Endicott

Quote from: New Jack on November 08, 2018, 09:45:20 PM
Anyway, OP, enjoy your womens' clothes

Too far to travel, practically. Good luck in Philadelphia edit VIRGINIA!