Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 10:13:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

OFFICIAL DESOLATION QUEST 2018 ROUND TWO DRAW, NEWS and COMMENTS

Started by Spoon of Ploff, November 09, 2018, 10:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spoon of Ploff

Actually no.

Not until someone posts in my Milton Keynes Cows thread. And it has to be a quality post as well.

Spoon of Ploff

Alrighty then.

An additional rule has been, ehh... added. Rule number 6.

Quote1. Each match will consist of two shots per player, except the final in which there are three shots per player.
2. Each round will have an opening theme supplied by the Administrator
3. There will be no limit on the word count of each shot, but each shot must contain one desolation only.
4. The player with the opening shot (i.e. the server) must link their desolation to the given theme for that round.  All subsequent shots can contain an element of the previous shot, or refer back to the given theme for that round.
5. Voting will take place by posting the name of your favourite in the game thread immediately after play has ended (i.e. when the 4th desolation of each match has been posted).  The voting will last for 48 hours.
6. Shots to be text only. No images or audio.

And a reminder of time permitted:  You have 48 hours to post your desolation from when the round starts or from when the last shot has been posted. Keep a look out on your game for when your opponent posts their shot, as it's from that time that the 48 hours start. If you're feeling sporting, PM your opponent when you've played your shot.

No word limit is to allow everyone to play to their strengths, but keep in mind that a variety of shots may count in your favour come vote time (and lessen your opponent's ability to predict your play).

Round Two word of theme is: Stairs

Round Two matches are as following:

Noonling v BlodwynPig

Rocket Surgery v Gregory Torso

QDRPHNC v Fishfinger

madhair60 v FerriswheelBueller

drummersaredeaf v PlanktonSideburns

Huxleys Babkins v the midnight watch baboon

Bolders to go first. Good luck everyone, now hit us with those desolation sticks!

BlodwynPig

the midnight watch baboon

mr admin, sir, I think rule six has a typo.

BABS VS BABS! GOOD LUCK OTHER BABS

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: the midnight watch baboon on November 09, 2018, 06:00:25 PM
mr admin, sir, I think rule six has a typo.

quite right. i've changed it now. i think i got away with it. you'll probably be getting my vote in the event of a tie for this (don't let on to the others)

Spoon of Ploff

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on November 09, 2018, 06:03:04 PM
quite right. i've changed it now. i think i got away with it. you'll probably be getting my vote in the event of a tie for this (don't let on to the others)

I also noticed it but declined to comment. Noonling has your vote I take it.

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on November 09, 2018, 07:17:20 PM
Two best losers through this time?

No best losers this time. The quarter finals will just be three matches, with one best loser making up the fourth place in the semi finals.

BlodwynPig

No match started yet...as everyone down methadone clinic...cleaning the bogs...as commmunity service

Rocket Surgery

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on November 09, 2018, 05:52:36 PM
Rocket Surgery v Gregory Torso

Well that's me double-fucked this time isn't it?

Oh well, here goes:

You regain consciousness only to be reminded that you've spent your entire life in Yorkshire.

EDIT:  I've buggered that up about as badly as can be imagined, so you can fucking keep it.

PlanktonSideburns

PlanktonSideburns

heres an idea: how about we have some sort of theme for each desolation round, - you know, like a word or something to base the desos on

Ferris

QDRPHNC

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: QDRPHNC on November 10, 2018, 07:02:24 AM
Ive just gone one holiday can I have an extension please.

Do you feel that this holiday will lighten your soul to such an extent that you will be unable to envisage any kind of desolation relating to stairs? O..or is it that the network coverage there is too poor to allow you to connect to CAB?

If Fishfinger agreed to serve in this match would you be able to reply in time?

And why on arse didn't you think about this when you signed up in the first place??

Regards,
S'Ploff (Admin)

PlanktonSideburns

I assumed everyone took a holiday specifically for this event.

PlanktonSideburns

Just going to hang out in here till my opponent takes his shot.

Doo do dooooo do doo

Do you think we should maybe get a toaster in here?

PlanktonSideburns

Spoon of Ploff

Sitting in a rose garden, listening to black birds and enjoying the sunshine

Spoon of Ploff

PlanktonSideburns

Currently travelling down the heart of Wales line. Llandrindod looks grey and forboding

PlanktonSideburns

PlanktonSideburns

PlanktonSideburns

PlanktonSideburns