Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,343
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:21:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

OFFICIAL DESOLATION QUEST 2018 ROUND TWO DRAW, NEWS and COMMENTS

Started by Spoon of Ploff, November 09, 2018, 10:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanktonSideburns

Ah forget it I'll go bother people in the I LOVE IT thread

PlanktonSideburns

PlanktonSideburns

Noonling

Did one. Is hard. But I deserve bonus points for actually mentioning stairs.

Spoon of Ploff

in retrospect (is it too early for retrospect?) stairs wasn't the best choice. but what's done is done.

QDRPHNC

Just posted, I can post on vacation, I was traveling yesterday. Down in nawwwwwlins. Bourbon Street on Friday night is a desolate fucking place.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on November 10, 2018, 08:48:18 AM
Do you feel that this holiday will lighten your soul to such an extent that you will be unable to envisage any kind of desolation relating to stairs? O..or is it that the network coverage there is too poor to allow you to connect to CAB?

If Fishfinger agreed to serve in this match would you be able to reply in time?

And why on arse didn't you think about this when you signed up in the first place??

Regards,
S'Ploff (Admin)

He's in New Orleans...hopefully a monsoon will get his deso juices and the contents of the graves flowing.

Ah, you just posted - how was the smell?

Spoon of Ploff

The bout between   Noonling v BlodwynPig is over. Time once again to get voting Desolators.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 10, 2018, 04:05:05 PM
He's in New Orleans...hopefully a monsoon will get his deso juices and the contents of the graves flowing.

Ah, you just posted - how was the smell?

The city itself smells ok, but I walked into a very dive jazz bar last night that hit me with a big an "oof" in the nose when I opened the door.

Ferris

I am at a family party on the east coast to celebrate the upcoming birth of my firstborn son. I may need extra time to come down from the wholesome high in order to DESOLATE in the 48 hours provided.

I reckon I'll still pull it out the bag though. I beat pancs by posting any old shite while on the streetcar to work lol.

BlodwynPig

Seems I'm flying the flag for North American brevity here.

Noonling

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 10, 2018, 05:20:30 PM
Seems I'm flying the flag for North American brevity here.

I'm not enough of a wordsmith for brevity alas, so I just shovel a bunch of words into the box and hope some of it works. Which is pretty cheap and I'm a little bit ashamed...But not enough.

Spoon of Ploff

Rocket Surgery v Gregory Torso. This one's done, but who done won? Go plant a fig tree in the garden of rocket, or torso.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Noonling on November 10, 2018, 05:32:29 PM
I'm not enough of a wordsmith for brevity alas, so I just shovel a bunch of words into the box and hope some of it works. Which is pretty cheap and I'm a little bit ashamed...But not enough.

I meant brevity as in timeliness. I think I dropped a bullock by being too breve this time around in the actual compo.

Noonling

I'm misunderstanding everything today, just put me in the fireplace.

BlodwynPig

PlanktonSideburns

I wonder how many days it will be until I can do a desolation

5 days?

526?

Never?

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on November 11, 2018, 10:02:50 AM
I wonder how many days it will be until I can do a desolation

5 days?

526?

Never?

You could try PM'ing your opponent... that's if you haven't already.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on November 11, 2018, 10:22:58 AM
You could try PM'ing your opponent... that's if you haven't already.

I've only been pming him every two hours or so for the last couple of days - obvs I have to sleep do after 12 I've just got a 3 hour recurring alarm on my phone so I can pm him in between cycles

Do you think I should ramp up the pms some?

PlanktonSideburns

I guess I could try reaching out to him on some other platforms, like his Facebook and OK cupid profile? He has a work a dress on his linkdin profile, I guess I could send a letter 1st class there? Assuming he works Mon. - Fri he might get that in time?

Maybe his work is open on Sunday, I could just phone them and explain the situation - get his mobile number? I'll do that I think

PlanktonSideburns

Spoon of Ploff

Just be content with a bye into the next round if drummersaredeaf doesn't get a shot in by 6PM today.

PlanktonSideburns

PlanktonSideburns

Ooh that's a point -

PANC do you know anyone who might fill in for him? I'm completely stumped

Maybe 's? 's!

Spoon of Ploff

By the criteria wot I laid out before Bazooka is the next least bad loser from Round 1... but drummers still has some hours left to play a shot. Maybe its mind games?

BlodwynPig