Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,397
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:32:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

OFFICIAL DESOLATION QUEST 2018 ROUND TWO DRAW, NEWS and COMMENTS

Started by Spoon of Ploff, November 09, 2018, 10:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
It was thoroughly joyous actually. Upset a minimal amount of people, and the full wave of despair from a double header isn't due to hit until about 11 tomorrow.

PlanktonSideburns

Spoon of Ploff

PlanktonSideburns

Spoon of Ploff

After straining for two days to get started drummers v Plankton have suddenly plopped out four desolations. Which players outpourings do you prefer?

Ferris

Ferris

Spoon of Ploff

madhair60 v FerriswheelBueller has happened. which one do you think best stepped* up to the challenge?

*steps are a kind of stairs

Spoon of Ploff

Last orders for Noonling v BlodwynPig... less than an hour to vote

Still a couple of hours to make a difference in Rocket Surgery v Gregory Torso

Thanks,
S'Ploff

Rocket Surgery

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on November 11, 2018, 12:09:32 PM
Maybe his work is open on Sunday, I could just phone them and explain the situation

That's great, imagine the state of it:

"Hello, you're through to Poodle Fondlings, how may I assist you this afternoon?"

"Yep, me again: about Desolat..."

"Oh bloody hell, not you again. Just seek help or get murdered."

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Spoon of Ploff

Spoon of Ploff

Last orders on the following matches:

QDRPHNC v Fishfinger

drummers v Plankton

madhair60 v FerriswheelBueller

vote for your favourite desolation... or against the poster you hate the most.

Spoon of Ploff

Spoon of Ploff

In light of events I'm amending the Rules again:

1. Each match will consist of two shots per player, except the final in which there are three shots per player.
2. Each round will have an opening theme supplied by the Administrator
3. There will be no limit on the word count of each shot, but each shot must contain one desolation only.
4. The player with the opening shot (i.e. the server) must link their desolation to the given theme for that round.  All subsequent shots can contain an element of the previous shot, or refer back to the given theme for that round.
5. Voting will take place by posting the name of your favourite in the game thread immediately after play has ended (i.e. when the 4th desolation of each match has been posted).  The voting will last for 48 hours.
6. Shots to be text only. No images or audio.
7. No death threats allowed.

And a reminder of time permitted:  You have 48 hours to post your desolation from when the round starts or from when the last shot has been posted. Keep a look out on your game for when your opponent posts their shot, as it's from that time that the 48 hours start. If you're feeling sporting, PM your opponent when you've played your shot.

No word limit is to allow everyone to play to their strengths, but keep in mind that a variety of shots may count in your favour come vote time (and lessen your opponent's ability to predict your play).

That seems somewhat against the spirit of this, but whatever. How about actions to induce a terminal existential crisis?

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on November 14, 2018, 12:09:53 PM
That seems somewhat against the spirit of this, but whatever. How about actions to induce a terminal existential crisis?

more subtle mind games, inducing a vague sense of unease and dread is to be encouraged. out and out death threats are uncouth

Spoon of Ploff

Here then are the classified results:

Noonling 12 v 4 BlodwynPig
Rocket Surgery 2 v 13 Gregory Torso   
QDRPHNC 5 v  9 Fishfinger
madhair60 1 v 14 FerriswheelBueller
drummersaredeaf  9 v 6   PlanktonSideburns 
Huxleys Babkins 14 v 0 the midnight watch baboon

Thanks everyone for your participation in the game that's got everyone the world over on the edge of their seat.

The winners get to move out of the tent of victory and into the shed of triumph. Several Ginsters Cornish pasties will be provided along with the some of the last available cans of Double Diamond. In the far corner there's an old recorder and some bongos if you want to commemorate this day in music and dance.

The losers will be ferried over to Deadman's Island on the river Medway. If you're lucky you'll should be able to find enough bones and driftwood to start a fire.

The 3 match Quarter Final Draw will be made and posted tomorrow, along with the theme word, at 6PM UK time.

Thanks again,
S'Ploff