Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:49:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

F Is For Family Season 3 - November 30th

Started by NoSleep, November 09, 2018, 08:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoSleep

Bill Burr's animated series about how casually brutal childhood, and life in general, was in the 70's. Features Laura Dern amongst others.

Heads up. No doubt this thread will drop like a lead balloon just like its predecessor.

wooders1978

Awesome - underrated show I feel - not quite up there with bojack but not millions of miles away

Maurice Yeatman

Burr said on his podcast that he thinks it's even better than the previous two seasons. Also Vince Vaughn's going to be in it.

MuteBanana

Honestly thought it had been cancelled, killed off, given up on. This is some good news. That song they picked for the opening is gorgeous.

Agreed, underrated show. It has almost the Britishness to it. Change the accents for English ones and this could be a bloke living in Surrey. I wish someone in the UK would pull their fingers out and make a great animated sitcom.

up_the_hampipe

This season was excellent. Probably the best one so far.

Bennett Brauer

I thought the first ep was a bit disappointing, but then it was a set-up for introducing Vince Vaughn's character. The second was ace, and I'm looking forward to the rest.

Bennett Brauer

Recently checked out Wait Till Your Father Gets Home from 1973/74 - https://vimeo.com/213846576. I haven't heard Burr mention it explicitly in interviews but it has to be an influence.

Moribunderast

I watched this in one-sitting during a hungover Sunday morning. Very good. I feel like many (understandably) skip this show because of all the screaming and abuse by the main character but at it's heart is a warmth and scrappiness I really enjoy - it reminds me of King Of The Hill, at times. The plot with the new neighbours was quite gripping and Vince Vaughn was very good in the role. It is an underrated show but, as I say, I do get why. I've mentioned it to several people this week and every single one has said "Is that the one with the screaming Dad?" It's not exactly relaxing viewing.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

It reminds me of King of the Hill as well, but not entirely in a good way. As much as I enjoy it, there is something a bit generic about it. Take out the swearing and it could be pretty much any animated sitcom from the past 25 years. Something that would have been shown at 11pm on BBC2. It's certainly a lot less distinctive than Bojack or Big Mouth.

It's a hell of a lot better than Family Guy though.

Sam Rockwell didn't seem to be in it as much as before, but I was surprised they got him back at all (although I suppose he could have recorded his lines prior to the Oscar win).

Did anyone else think the Chet storyline ended rather abruptly? It felt like it needed another episode or two to resolve, but then they ran out of time.

Quote from: MuteBanana on November 11, 2018, 08:14:07 PM
That song they picked for the opening is gorgeous.
It's a weird choice, considering how memorably it was used for the opening credits in Guardians of the Galaxy.

MuteBanana

arpster

One of the funniest series I've seen for quite a while, animated or otherwise...first 2 seasons were excellent but season 3 is the best yet......worth watching for Bridget's insults alone

MuteBanana

She's what Anjelica from Rugrats would be if that show was made for adults.

up_the_hampipe

This kid was the highlight of the season for me:

cliggg

I finished this season today and I thought it was brilliant. The funniest season yet. I really like how they are revealing more about the non Murphy characters as it goes on, the show is really growing. I also found episode nine to be very emotional, I welled up a few in the last 10 minutes it.

Maurice Yeatman

I still like the show, but I can't say this series was the step up that some people, including Burr, say it is. It needs more jokes, sharper writing and less this-character-just-doing-what-this-character-does. I don't think the early-1970s setting is exploited enough either, although season 1 started out like it was going to be.

Anyone know whose voice Burr's wife does?

Ornlu

Quote from: Maurice Yeatman on January 07, 2019, 02:14:12 PM
Anyone know whose voice Burr's wife does?

Pretty sure I recognised her as Rosie's wife, and maybe the black girl in the group of wayward kids Kevin hangs out with.

Maurice Yeatman

Thanks. IMDb confirms she's Georgina Roosevelt - I should have checked there instead of Wikipedia - but doesn't mention his summer school friend yet.