Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,345
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:07:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Identify (a couple of things, not a film title, 2018)

Started by Penfold, November 10, 2018, 03:43:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penfold

FIRST

Tonight a part of a thing came into my head, it was two guys seeing either a weapon or a bomb. They weren't speaking english but the subtitles said something like "Some kid could" because some kid could find it which I think was a callback to an english speaking character saying the same thing.

It's obvious in my head, it's probably a bad film, but I need to know.

SECOND

A Korean film, shown on BBC Two, I think. It had schoolgirls texting and the texts were shown on screen, which was new to me when I saw it. Joke year was 47 but actual year was closer to anything after 2002.

notjosh

Quote from: Penfold on November 10, 2018, 03:43:39 AM
Tonight a part of a thing came into my head, it was two guys seeing either a weapon or a bomb. They weren't speaking english but the subtitles said something like "Some kid could" because some kid could find it which I think was a callback to an english speaking character saying the same thing.

Zeus and McClane have this exchange when they find the suitcase bomb in Die Hard with a Vengeance. Does one of the terrorists later repeat it maybe?

Penfold

Quote from: notjosh on November 10, 2018, 06:58:48 AM
Zeus and McClane have this exchange when they find the suitcase bomb in Die Hard with a Vengeance. Does one of the terrorists later repeat it maybe?

That's probably it. Now I remember it all it definitely is it.

Thanks!

Penfold

Thanks!

That looks correct, it's a lot older than I thought. Weirdly also stars Bae Doona as I had just watched Linda Linda Linda before starting this thread.

Mister Six

Quote from: notjosh on November 10, 2018, 06:58:48 AM

Yep, two of the terrorists take the deactivated bomb away from a (IIRC) public fountain, repeating the exchange John and Zeus had earlier.

Mastermis

This is a very valuable information. I was shocked to find here.

popcorn

Quote from: Penfold on November 12, 2018, 01:22:21 AM
Weirdly also stars Bae Doona as I had just watched Linda Linda Linda before starting this thread.

What a woman. What a movie.