Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:35:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Lets NOT take drugs.

Started by mobias, November 11, 2018, 09:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobias

This post ties together a few threads I've seen on here recently about giving up alcohol/drugs and dealing with bad hangovers generally.

So, a few weeks ago I got invited out clubbing. Something I don't do as often these days and something I haven't done in a while. I went out and had a great night. Got totally shit faced on pills and booze, danced my arse off and met loads of random people and generally had the sort of night I'm used to having when I have a big night out clubbing. Great stuff. Next day I felt the usual comedown, lack of sleep and so on, but I could tell the drugs were still in my system. On the Monday I felt really pretty awful and by Tuesday I felt properly shit. Like my entire soul felt rotten. At night I wasn't sleeping properly and waking up soaking wet with sweat. Thursday was my first proper day of feeling like my normal self again and by the weekend I was totally back on track.

Last night I was invited out clubbing again and I knew it would be the same deal with the same people. This time however I declined to go. I was very close to going but it was a dark wet night and I was at home snug with my cats playing Red Dead Redemption 2 and I just couldn't be arsed, just sheer laziness kept me at home.

This morning though I woke up in a total natural high. It was like my body and mind was so pleased with me for not inflicting the same punishment of the other clubbing weekend on it that it had decided to reward me with a natural feeling of intense well being. Its really lasted all day and I can't say I've felt anything like this for quite sometime, or indeed actually ever! I've got a lot done round the house that need doing. I cleaned the shower out, hoovered my bedroom and put a huge washing on. Basically I've just really enjoyed my Sunday immensely and I'm ready to start a fresh week tomorrow.

I don't know what the message is here really other than its sometimes better to step away from things from time to time. Remember kids just say NO! (occasionally)

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Message from there seems to be variety is the spice of life.

mobias

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 11, 2018, 09:16:54 PM

Yes thats it I think. Just don't always have that fear of missing out thing propel you towards doing something that deep down inside you maybe don't want to do, like going out every Saturday night and getting shit faced. Sometimes, just sometimes, NOT getting shit faced is just as much fun (and lasts longer)

kittens

i didn't drink all weekend and i will never ever drink booze ever again.

Buelligan

Similarly, I have not taken even the merest smidge of crystal methamphetamine the whole weekend long.

Pijlstaart

Think it is too late to make changes, we should all have a fixed one-page character sheet and we should live up to that and not wander. If people are changing, then that is a lot of new information to take in, some of us will feel uncertain and we'll have to wig out. Stay in your lane, drugs, field hockey, whatever, your path is laid out for you and those are the things you specialize in. I would love to change, it is tempting, to cut my fingernails and put on a big pink ribbon and frilled bonnet, but the old Pijlstaart might wig out and come from the past to kill me.

bgmnts

How come I feel the same way you feel but I havent touched a drop of drugs ever?

Does this mean the opposite is true? Lets DO take drugs?

Buelligan

Just think about how much totally fucking worse you might genuinely feel if you got fucked off your gourd to any appreciable degree.

Think.  About.  It.

BlodwynPig

Eating a peach on a mountain surrounded by wild boar >>> ketamine.

Maurice Yeatman

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 11, 2018, 09:16:54 PM

Spice is the spice of life.

Maurice Yeatman

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 11, 2018, 11:43:48 PM

Joking aside... I believe someone who used to post here died as a result of ketamine abuse.

(Worst punchline ever.)

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 11, 2018, 11:43:48 PM

Anything's better than ketamine.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: mobias on November 11, 2018, 09:09:46 PM
I was at home snug with my cats playing Red Dead Redemption 2

You shouldn't let your cats play Red Dead Redemption 2. It's an 18 certificate.

Paul Calf

Fuck me, you young cunts are boring bastards. Wanking off to digital cowboys when you could be out and mashed off your tits on a lethal cocktail of drink and drugs?

Leave the Saturday night PS4 sessions to us old bastards, eh? I might get a couple of kills in on Destiny 2 before some 17-year-old speed freaker with superhuman reaction times spikes me back to the spawn point.

chveik

take some shrooms, it's really nice and you will feel great the next morning.

Maurice Yeatman

I used to love Heinz Mushroom Toast Toppers.

mobias

Quote from: Paul Calf on November 12, 2018, 01:32:56 AM
Fuck me, you young cunts are boring bastards. Wanking off to digital cowboys when you could be out and mashed off your tits on a lethal cocktail of drink and drugs?

Leave the Saturday night PS4 sessions to us old bastards, eh? I might get a couple of kills in on Destiny 2 before some 17-year-old speed freaker with superhuman reaction times spikes me back to the spawn point.

I'm older than you.

Norton Canes

Quote from: chveik on November 12, 2018, 01:56:23 AM
take some shrooms, it's really nice and you will feel great the next morning

Did, once. Ended up having a three-hour conversation with a Kate Bush poster (as in, a poster of Kate Bush, not Natnar). And to this day, every timer I see a poster of Kate Bush it starts talking to me.

Once.

Lost Oliver

In a similar boat though I'm assuming I'm younger. Took acid the other day and although interesting I found it a surprisingly egotistical experience. Then the comedown happened and I spent three days exhausted and thinking negatively about everything. Absolutely horrible.

In recent years, probably the last two, I've lessened my 'mad nights' quite a bit but even now I'm terrified of the comedown. My next one is planned for the end of November, a friend's 30th, and I'm sat here not thinking about the fun times I'll have but of the inevitable 'what am I doing with my life' moment and that tremendous sense of guilt that comes over me at around 4 am.

I'm tempted to just say fuck it and try to move on with my life but what the fuck do I fill it with? As I say, this isn't every weekend, probably four times a year but the sad thing is I live for these moments. Those times when you feel connected to other people and you just stop thinking for a couple of hours.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on November 12, 2018, 12:36:05 AM
You shouldn't let your cats play Red Dead Redemption 2. It's an 18 certificate.

They might be 18 in cat years. Or human years.

Dammit!

Quote from: Lost Oliver on November 12, 2018, 09:32:29 AM
My next one is planned for the end of November, a friend's 30th, and I'm sat here not thinking about the fun times I'll have but of the inevitable 'what am I doing with my life' moment and that tremendous sense of guilt that comes over me at around 4 am.

I don't know if you have already but if not try this, when you're nearing the peak of your trip, bomb .2 of MDMA and you will trip balls for a good 12 hours. LSD and MDMA compliment each other like no other substances this side of the solar system. To most that might sound like the come down from hell is waiting and you're approching a brick wall at 500mph but no, that's where 2 or 3 bars of GOOD Xanax comes in when you get home. A good sleep then a 5-HTP protein drink when you wake up and that will take the edge off the shitty feelings. Im not saying you can trip and get away without a comedown but if you're going do it, at least fucking enjoy it. If you don't enjoy it there's no point in taking it.

Disclaimer: I was once told drugs are for mugs and should never be taken - lightly.

Lost Oliver

You'd advise the drink? I didn't know this was a thing. I've had the tablets you can get from H&B but I've never noticed an effect.

Chollis

where the fuck do people even get xanax in the UK? the streets are paved with it in the States. asking for a friend

Buelligan

Cuntbeaks

Quote from: Dammit! on November 12, 2018, 10:23:30 AM
I don't know if you have already but if not try this, when you're nearing the peak of your trip, bomb .2 of MDMA and you will trip balls for a good 12 hours. LSD and MDMA compliment each other like no other substances this side of the solar system.

Can confirm.

After a nice night of lazy MDMA dabbling i took a quarter of an acid, well, what i was told was LSD and in no time at all i was all over the fucking shop, Much, much, MUCH more so than when i have taken shrooms with MDMA. In fact it was completely different and not in a good way. I was confused, anxious and unsure of what the fuck was happening. Even when i 'came to' standing in a corner, i still couldn't remember how the TV worked and just sat there staring at the remote before falling asleep.

All this led me to believe that it wasn't LSD at all, but some fancy analog that turbo charged my out through my own arsehole.

In fairness i had been listening to Beaumont Hannant's, Texturology.

Cuntbeaks

Quote from: Chollis on November 12, 2018, 10:29:39 AM
where the fuck do people even get xanax in the UK? the streets are paved with it in the States. asking for a friend

DW mate

Paul Calf

Paul Calf

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on November 12, 2018, 10:44:40 AM
Can confirm.

After a nice night of lazy MDMA dabbling i took a quarter of an acid, well, what i was told was LSD and in no time at all i was all over the fucking shop, Much, much, MUCH more so than when i have taken shrooms with MDMA. In fact it was completely different and not in a good way. I was confused, anxious and unsure of what the fuck was happening. Even when i 'came to' standing in a corner, i still couldn't remember how the TV worked and just sat there staring at the remote before falling asleep.

All this led me to believe that it wasn't LSD at all, but some fancy analog that turbo charged my out through my own arsehole.

In fairness i had been listening to Beaumont Hannant's, Texturology.

Candy flip :D

Edit: wait a sec, you know Beaumont Hannant?

Cuntbeaks

Quote from: Paul Calf on November 12, 2018, 10:52:21 AM
Candy flip :D

Edit: wait a sec, you know Beaumont Hannant?
Not personally. That album is a go-to when tripping though.