Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:18:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Lets NOT take drugs.

Started by mobias, November 11, 2018, 09:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancreas

People rather seem to have taken the title of this thread in vain.

Dammit!

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on November 12, 2018, 10:44:40 AM
Can confirm.
In fact it was completely different and not in a good way. I was confused, anxious and unsure of what the fuck was happening. Even when i 'came to' standing in a corner, i still couldn't remember how the TV worked and just sat there staring at the remote before falling asleep.

All this led me to believe that it wasn't LSD at all

Hmmm, have heard these stories from some before and we all came to the conclusion that micro dosing LSD just teases your brain causing the anxiety. We researched and took the whole trip first and waited until it kicked in a while and then bombed the MDMA. It's important NOT to take the MDMA first and keep away from weed. Just me and a few friends' experience. It's something I've only done no more than 6 or 7 times in my entire life but when you get the dose right, by fuck what a trip, also when the sun comes up in the morning and sheds a bit of light on the subject, if you live near some nature go for a colourful walk with some mates out the towns and cities and check out what you're missing. Something only to be done twice a year at the maximum I've read - I can understand why though. I'm too old for all that shit now but I'll keep the memories for ever said the weed smoker to the...
I'll get back to you on that.

SpiderChrist

I haven't taken drugs for over a fortnight now and I'm about ready to twat some cunt if I'm honest.

mobias

Quote from: SpiderChrist on November 12, 2018, 03:29:23 PM
I haven't taken drugs for over a fortnight now and I'm about ready to twat some cunt if I'm honest.

That is one of the downsides I guess. Don't mind me though, go ahead and get mashed.

I think the point of my original post was to form a discussion about whether the resultant hangover/comedown from getting wasted is worthwhile? As I've got older I'm increasingly of the opinion that its not. That depresses me.

Konki

I'd say my two-day hangover definitely wasn't worth it mainly due to the fact I can't remember big chunks of Saturday night. I think I had a good time but the blackouts mean I can't be sure.

Pingers

Around a year ago I went clubbing and took MDMA for the first time in about 13 years. I was somewhat apprehensive, partly because I was then in my late 40s, and because I would have to resume parenting responsibilities within 24 hours of indulging. Turned out fine as it happens, the main factors probably being leaving the club at 4.30 and then going to friend's house and getting some sleep. Back in the day, we'd stay til 8 a.m. then back to ours for more pills, probably some coke, then weed and finally pints of Skullshit, crashing out about 10 p.m. then work the next day. You might reasonably think that my 27-32 year old self could see the link between that and feeling like shit on the Tuesday, buuuut apparently not.

Did it again recently, it was a 12 p.m. - 11 p.m. event, was in bed by 1.30 after a can of beer and slept well, no problems. Sticking to one drug is probably less exciting but also much easier on the other side

mobias

Quote from: Konki on November 12, 2018, 06:24:24 PM
I'd say my two-day hangover definitely wasn't worth it mainly due to the fact I can't remember big chunks of Saturday night. I think I had a good time but the blackouts mean I can't be sure.

Yeah I associate that sort of experience much more with alcohol. I rarely get so pissed that I don't remember much but I did have a night out earlier this year where I couldn't remember getting home and woke up the next day with a massive gash on my knee and elbow and in a lot of pain both physically and mentally. I also spent about 100 quid in total during the night out. Its nights like that are just such a waste of time and money.

Quote from: Pingers on November 12, 2018, 06:40:14 PM
Sticking to one drug is probably less exciting but also much easier on the other side

Yup definitely.

grassbath

It's all about life changes and responsibilities and what they do to your ego, innit? When I was 19 I could happily stay up all night gurning my face off in a club or lying on my friend's bed tripping balls because I had no serious life-caretaking to be doing. Sure, I felt like absolute shit walking home at 6am as the sun came up wondering why I'd done this to myself, but if I had a lecture the next day I could skip it, if I was had something planned with my girlfriend she wouldn't bat an eyelid because everyone was at it, and I didn't feel guilty about my family because they didn't know what I was up to, and why should they? I was experimenting, being independent, all that normal young-person stuff.

Now, I'm only in my mid 20s (26 at the end of this month), but you can't really square a full-time job and life prospects with the destruction of the ego can you? I already worry about work 75% of my waking life - god forbid I should be thinking about it in the middle of an acid trip or huddled beneath the covers wide awake bathed in cold pill-sweat. The more you've got to function adequately as an adult, the more stuff your brain is filled with to worry about, and heavy drug use is only going to exacerbate those worries.

pancreas

Quote from: grassbath on November 12, 2018, 10:25:46 PM
Now, I'm only in my mid 20s (26 at the end of this month), but you can't really square a full-time job and life prospects with the destruction of the ego can you? I already worry about work 75% of my waking life - god forbid I should be thinking about it in the middle of an acid trip or huddled beneath the covers wide awake bathed in cold pill-sweat. The more you've got to function adequately as an adult, the more stuff your brain is filled with to worry about, and heavy drug use is only going to exacerbate those worries.

Not that I would ever do drugs, of course, but this is just totally fucking stupid. Go out on a booze bender, smoke some weed, sit at home in an mdma cotch, a bit of a trip at the weekend ... all of this can only 'exacerbate those worries'? #bitchplease

Three words:

Paul Calf

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on November 12, 2018, 10:54:54 AM
Not personally. That album is a go-to when tripping though.

I just looked him up. I used to know him when I lived in York and had no idea he was so well-known.

Flatulent Fox

Hmm,
  I just like to cane the booze and it's hard to give enough attention to these crazy drugs these days.

A is for Amphetamine
B is for Booze
And all the rest.*

It's all fun and games until someone looses an eye ...

*V is for Vodka

Glebe

a duncandisorderly

I just want some WEED.

nice weed, like we had in the 80s, not this fucking grown-in-the-loft shite with all crystals on it.

I can smell it everywhere, but I don't seem to be able to get it.

Cuntbeaks

Quote from: Paul Calf on November 13, 2018, 02:59:50 AM
I just looked him up. I used to know him when I lived in York and had no idea he was so well-known.
Nice one,  he was the soundtrack to the summer of '94 for me. Shame he just seems to have stopped with the whole music scene.

Nightclubs are for sex people.

Apologies if you meant some other kind of club.

Sex clubs are also for sex people.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: mobias on November 12, 2018, 06:07:26 PM
That is one of the downsides I guess. Don't mind me though, go ahead and get mashed.

I think the point of my original post was to form a discussion about whether the resultant hangover/comedown from getting wasted is worthwhile? As I've got older I'm increasingly of the opinion that its not. That depresses me.

Apologies. I think I agree with you.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on November 13, 2018, 08:08:51 AM
Nice one,  he was the soundtrack to the summer of '94 for me. Shame he just seems to have stopped with the whole music scene.

Everyone knew and liked Bo. He was in the rare position of having made a massive name for himself in the local music scene without making any real enemies, which is tough in such a small town.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Pingers on November 12, 2018, 06:40:14 PM
feeling like shit on the Tuesday,

tag >  New Order finally make a breakthrough for the follow up single <

Pingers

Quote from: grassbath on November 12, 2018, 10:25:46 PM

Now, I'm only in my mid 20s (26 at the end of this month), but you can't really square a full-time job and life prospects with the destruction of the ego can you? I already worry about work 75% of my waking life

Something's gone wrong there mate, it's not supposed to be like that. What do you do for a job?

New Jack

I am a moody fucking wreck without drugs. To me they're escapism. Even here, I've posted on ket and those posts are the ones that end up being quoted as funny. Day to day New Jack is so fucking beaten down, desperate and glum that there's practically a community responsibility to keep me plied with whatever helps.

Of course, I've seen countless lives wrecked by drugs. Bad decisions, hospital visits, friends turning on us.

I should probably therefore have all the drugs. My track record on drugs is superb. My track record not on drugs is fuckin woeful.

Roll on Psychedelic January.

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on November 13, 2018, 03:40:59 AM
I just want some WEED.

nice weed, like we had in the 80s, not this fucking grown-in-the-loft shite with all crystals on it.

I can smell it everywhere, but I don't seem to be able to get it.

Just ordered some Moroccan hash for a mere 1 mBtc off the dark web. Fuckin love hash. Skunk is like the weed equivalent of downing a bottle of wine when you want to feel a bit merry.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: New Jack on November 13, 2018, 02:42:35 PM
Skunk is like the weed equivalent of downing a bottle of wine when you want to feel a bit merry.

yes. but I don't get on with solids... I have a tiny bit somewhere for absolute dire emergencies. I think ian brown gave it me about thirty years ago, so it's probably goosed anyway. we used to get stoned a lot, him & me & his then-mrs. lost touch round about the time of their office decorating escapade (I was at john squire's house the following weekend, with ian's mrs & john's mrs, & I went upstairs for a slash & there's one tiny pot of paint sat on the top step, left behind...)

I would like some weed though. nice weed. not the crunchy stuff. dark web, you say?

New Jack

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on November 14, 2018, 03:38:08 AM
yes. but I don't get on with solids... I have a tiny bit somewhere for absolute dire emergencies. I think ian brown gave it me about thirty years ago, so it's probably goosed anyway. we used to get stoned a lot, him & me & his then-mrs. lost touch round about the time of their office decorating escapade (I was at john squire's house the following weekend, with ian's mrs & john's mrs, & I went upstairs for a slash & there's one tiny pot of paint sat on the top step, left behind...)

I would like some weed though. nice weed. not the crunchy stuff. dark web, you say?

Ace, Ian Brown hash!

Aye, the dark Web is like ebay, haven't tried much weed off there yet but it's stonking to actually have a choice of strains. I'll smoke skunk, but... It's not really what I want. I got myself going with this guide.

... I've literally gone into a thread about not taking drugs and posted a guide on how to get them delivered to your door. Oooops! Ah well. Weed is barely drugs these days.

grassbath

Quote from: pancreas on November 13, 2018, 01:33:02 AM
Not that I would ever do drugs, of course, but this is just totally fucking stupid. Go out on a booze bender, smoke some weed, sit at home in an mdma cotch, a bit of a trip at the weekend ... all of this can only 'exacerbate those worries'? #bitchplease

Good for you. It does for me. The more I have on in my working life, the more precariousness-prone I think I would feel in an altered state. It's like that homer quote about new stuff pushing old stuff out your brain.

Quote from: Pingers on November 13, 2018, 01:14:55 PM
Something's gone wrong there mate, it's not supposed to be like that. What do you do for a job?

Marketing for a third sector organisation so hardly anything overly intensive, I am a classic overthinker though. Still get on the booze pretty often, it's the other stuff that doesn't agree anymore.

Head Gardener

this news has put me off drugs*

*not really