Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:48:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ray Winstone

Started by Mark Steels Stockbroker, November 11, 2018, 10:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Steels Stockbroker

A thread about Ray Winstone. But in General Bullshit, as we need to explore all the bullshit surrounding Ray, not merely his acting performances.

What does Ray Winstone mean to you?

biggytitbo

He's just a massive floating head to me, sad.

Brundle-Fly

A fine actor and a good bloke.

Are you pitching a LEGEND GARY thread, Mark?

Buelligan

Gal Dove, party boy. Big oaf.

MuteBanana

He's only the actor who could've been Frank Harper.

Konki

Minder, Sexy Beast, Nil By Mouth and a Hammer therefore a great bunch of lads.

Cuellar

He's rumoured to be a member of the world's largest online sports be ing cam ha knee

shiftwork2

Whilst not my favourite film I have seen Sexy Beast more times than any other flick.  I was completely fascinated with it for a while.  Arguably Winstone is playing against type, hence I think he is rubbish.

MuteBanana

Quote from: Konki on November 11, 2018, 10:42:00 PM

So thats 20 years without a hit. He should give it up and just do EastEnders. He can phone it in and make 300k a year, never have to worry about travelling far from home. Win awards, get praise. Sorted.

Icehaven

Saw this and thought he was dead.

Konki

Quote from: MuteBanana on November 11, 2018, 10:53:57 PM
So thats 20 years without a hit. He should give it up and just do EastEnders. He can phone it in and make 300k a year, never have to worry about travelling far from home. Win awards, get praise. Sorted.

What you think this is the wheel of fortune? You think you can make your dough and fuck off? Leave the table? Thanks Don, see you Don, off to Eastenders now Don, fuck off Don.

Sherringford Hovis

He accepted the part of Regan in the loathsome Sweeney reboot. Wazzock.

clashed with Jack Nicholson on the set of 'The Departed' apparently

i like to imagine that it wasn't for any particular reason, just that Winstone saw Jack and immediately thought "i don't like this cunt"

Psmith

Nuffink !
I had a look at IMDB,he's been busy.I've never seen any of his stuff except for Quadrophenia but I don't remember him in it.

Johnny Yesno

Maurice Yeatman

A shill for delightful representative of the lovely bet365, Ray Winstone is an anagram of "teary, no wins". WALLOP!

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Konki on November 11, 2018, 10:42:00 PM

A squaddie gone AWOL on Auf Wiedersehn Pet and all.

And Carling in the Scums.

Blumf

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 12, 2018, 01:05:09 AM

Did he ever find out where Baldy's tool was?

kngen

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 12, 2018, 01:05:09 AM
A squaddie gone AWOL on Auf Wiedersehn Pet and all.

If it wasn't for him, Carlin would have been Glaswegian. Part of me hated him for that ... But he IS Carlin. Can't argue with Clarkey on that one.

steve98

Ray Winstone means endless hours obsessively Painting a cyst onto his skin and attributing remarks to the cyst, such as "Oi'm Ray's cyst, and ee's the fahkin' daddy, you black bahstard!", and thinkin' - Aw what's the fuckin' point.

steve98

Hours and hours :(

I spent a day 'shoppin' a large cyst onto his groin zone so I could accuse people of being (a) Ray's cyst-dick, but without actually saying it, just post them the pic, see if they work it out.

Fonz

Ah'm not gonna tell ya what ta fink

Hey, Punk!

Seems an alright sort to yours truly, it's just nice to see famous people who are undeniably unhideably working class. Even though he is clearly a professional cockney, rather one than none. Presents a more terrifying vision than the cheeky David Jason, nice bit of contrast. Doubt this sheltered poster would get on with him, despite my liking him.

Nowhere Man

Is anyone else's immediate response to seeing a somewhat aging celebrities name in a thread title without anything else to assume they've died?

(I see icehaven came to the same conclusion)

So Ray Winstone not dead huh, interesting.

biggytitbo

Yes, i have long campaigned for twitter to have some icon next ti the name if elderly celebs that are trending so you know its not because theyre dead. Whenever someone like David Attenborough trends 90% of the comments are 'phew, I thought he was dead there for a second'.

Nowhere Man

I mean, Ray's only 61 but he doesn't exactly look the healthiest of blokes to begin with. A website like Twitter should maybe have a few words underneath people's names so people know they've not carked it.

biggytitbo

Maybe the icon for elderly celebrities in the news for some reason other than they're dead could be the ghostbusters logo?

Shit Good Nose

I met him through the course of my work a couple of years ago and chatted with him for half an hour or so.  Seemed like a decent enough and genuine sort.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on November 12, 2018, 09:08:44 AM
I met him through the course of my work a couple of years ago and chatted with him for half an hour or so.  Seemed like a decent enough and genuine sort.

He seemed that way, but he's a double/triple/quadruple agent or whatever the fuck was going on in Crystal Skull agent isnt - so do not trust.