Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:25:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ray Winstone

Started by Mark Steels Stockbroker, November 11, 2018, 10:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

Ray "Raped by Tax" Winstone.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: biggytitbo on November 12, 2018, 09:10:27 AM

He seemed that way, but he's a double/triple/quadruple agent or whatever the fuck was going on in Crystal Skull agent isnt - so do not trust.

I'm sorry, I have no idea what this Crystal Skull you speak of is.  I think you must have imagined it.

Chollis

koeman

I've mentioned it on here before, but he pronounces his own surname wrong.

He also once rolled Mrs Warboys up in carpet and kicked her down a hill, causing her to get humped by a dog.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on November 12, 2018, 09:08:44 AM
I met him through the course of my work a couple of years ago and chatted with him for half an hour or so.  Seemed like a decent enough and genuine sort.

Was he genuinely funny and down to earth ?

biggytitbo

Quote from: koeman on November 12, 2018, 09:48:17 AM
He also once rolled Mrs Warboys up in carpet and kicked her down a hill, causing her to get humped by a dog.

So funny they decided to work it into the script and film it too.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on November 12, 2018, 09:51:09 AM
Was he genuinely funny and down to earth ?

I wouldn't say funny, but only cos the flow of the conversation (which was mostly relating to the reason we were both where we were) didn't lend itself to laugh a minute japery.  But he was cheery and, yes, down to earth.  Took some genuine interest in what I was doing there.  I wanted to ask about his career and that, but that's not what either of us were there for and I had limited time before I had to go to another appointment.

Didn't even get an autograph or photo (I didn't think it would be very professional of me).

Sony Walkman Prophecies

I thought Adam Buxton's description of him as England's answer to Joe Pesci was pretty spot on. Other than that, I've always thought he was a complete cunt. But then there's no shortage of those about.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on November 12, 2018, 10:24:26 AM
I wouldn't say funny, but only cos the flow of the conversation (which was mostly relating to the reason we were both where we were) didn't lend itself to laugh a minute japery.  But he was cheery and, yes, down to earth.  Took some genuine interest in what I was doing there.  I wanted to ask about his career and that, but that's not what either of us were there for and I had limited time before I had to go to another appointment.

Didn't even get an autograph or photo (I didn't think it would be very professional of me).

Did you give him a lovely big kiss?

Shit Good Nose

Blowie behind the bus station.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: icehaven on November 11, 2018, 11:02:41 PM
Saw this and thought he was dead.

Saw this and hoped he was dead thought the same.

Great actor in his day, now just a solid mass of twat.

Konki

Why all the hatred; is it just cos of the betting ads?

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Konki on November 12, 2018, 12:07:35 PM
Why all the hatred; is it just cos of the betting ads?

Yes.

PlanktonSideburns

gilbertharding

Ages ago I had to call the AA to get my car going again. I can't remember how it came up in conversation, but it turned out the AA man was the Susan Scott Ray Winstone in his spare time. He was full of advice on how to become a successful lookalike.

gilbertharding

I also wondered if there was a parallel universe where there was an actor called Ray Winsome, whose defining characteristics were that he was incredibly likeable, innocent and soft. Like REALLY delightful.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Quote from: gilbertharding on November 12, 2018, 12:27:01 PM
I also wondered if there was a parallel universe where there was an actor called Ray Winsome, whose defining characteristics were that he was incredibly likeable, innocent and soft. Like REALLY delightful.

I'd you believe in endless parallel universes there is one out there where Ray Winstone is a fat balding woman with duck's feet doing ads for home castration kits.

poodlefaker

He has a bar in his house, called "Raymondo's". Top geezer.

petril

the reason that ad breaks during The Sport And That are known as "the latest sods are appearing on your screen now"

Icehaven

Quote from: gilbertharding on November 12, 2018, 12:24:31 PM
He was full of advice on how to become a successful lookalike.

What was his advice? I mean I think I have a fairly good idea what the number one piece would be, but it'd be great to know what else he suggested.

Howj Begg

Chollis

Depressed Beyond Tables

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Howj Begg on November 12, 2018, 01:26:11 PM
Nah

https://twitter.com/mikepullen1969/status/862241216414584833

OK. It used to be just the betting ads.

What a fucking have-my-cake-and-eat-it-know-nothing-angry-at-imagined-injustices-cunt.

gilbertharding

Quote from: icehaven on November 12, 2018, 01:16:29 PM
What was his advice? I mean I think I have a fairly good idea what the number one piece would be, but it'd be great to know what else he suggested.

He was very informative, in general terms, about what kinds of work people on the books of Susan Scott can actually expect to do. I'm sure he was embroidering the truth, but I remember it seemed to involve going to a lot of quite glamorous parties.

In terms of advice - I winkled this out of him by suggesting I was interested in perhaps becoming a lookalike myself (Harry Hill, perhaps...). Anyway, here it is:

Quote"You can always make yourself look more like the person than you do already."

Doesn't sound very profound, I admit, but I was stood in a dark, freezing cold car park waiting to see if whatever he was doing to my car would actually work.

manticore

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on November 12, 2018, 01:57:16 PM
Votes Brexit. Wants to retire to the Mediterranean.

Fucking hell, i.q. of a fence post.

I don't think i.q. has anything to do with having stupid or contradictory views. Someone can score 150 and still believe the most imbecilic things.

Intellectuals down the centuries.

Icehaven

Quote from: Ray Winstone lookalike on November 12, 2018, 03:39:18 PM
"You can always make yourself look more like the person than you do already."

I can see what he's trying to say but surely that's limited if the sleb doesn't have any particular identifying features other than their own face. I mean Harry Hill's an easy one, bald head, shirt collar, glasses, done, but even with a natural resemblance how exactly does one make oneself look more like Ray Winstone? Voice/mannerisms can't count, if it's not obvious who you're supposed to be from a picture then you're not going to get much work, are you?

And yes, I think your AA friend might have been bending the facts a bit. I doubt the real RW gets invited to many glamorous parties, never mind a lookalike.

gilbertharding

Quote from: icehaven on November 12, 2018, 03:52:15 PM
Voice/mannerisms can't count, if it's not obvious who you're supposed to be from a picture then you're not going to get much work, are you?

You are obviously on the internet, so the question is redundant - but I'll ask anyway: Have you seen the Susan Scott website?

Small Man Big Horse

Has he ever played against type and been a gentle, considerate sort?

Also, I used to like him until I read this thread. Gah.