Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:04:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ray Winstone

Started by Mark Steels Stockbroker, November 11, 2018, 10:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Is kidney and pork chop some London thing, like pie and eels?

Blumf

seepage

no, the EU didn't ban it, but some places no longer sell pork chops with the kidney still attached, to be on the safe side

gilbertharding

Quote from: Blumf on November 12, 2018, 04:09:31 PM
And did the EU ban it?

Given that you're allowed (encouraged!), in France, to buy and eat a sausage which is literally made from the still-shitty intestines of pigs, I doubt they'd bother banning kidneys.

Konki

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on November 12, 2018, 04:05:42 PM
Has he ever played against type and been a gentle, considerate sort?

Also, I used to like him until I read this thread. Gah.

https://youtu.be/tGh-L4-Crek

Shit Good Nose

Speak as I find, he seemed like a nice friendly bloke.

Phil_A

Quite good to great performances in Scum/Robin Of Sherwood/Sexy Beast.

Fucking shit at accents.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIxQFUV_AcA

Konki

To be fair to him living in Essex I know loads of people with the same attitude and the vast majority are not bad people. You just have to avoid talking about The Brexit otherwise you get consumed by a raging blood lust.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Quote from: manticore on November 12, 2018, 03:45:43 PM
I don't think i.q. has anything to do with having stupid or contradictory views. Someone can score 150 and still believe the most imbecilic things.

Intellectuals down the centuries.

Really? I don't know what you call it. Maybe I'm actually being generous.

'We're a f***in' island race.'

With regards to the UK population in the north of Ireland, another island, I'd say he's an actively thick cunt to boot. Basic geography, Ray. Not to mention all the history and that.

Icehaven

Quote from: gilbertharding on November 12, 2018, 04:00:21 PM
You are obviously on the internet, so the question is redundant - but I'll ask anyway: Have you seen the Susan Scott website?

Oh yes indeed, it's been my go-to when I need cheering up for ages. In fact is he still on there?
Edit: Is he Barry Mayhew? He's not bad actually, but I can't see what he's doing to make himself more Winstone than he naturally is.

manticore

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on November 12, 2018, 06:08:30 PM
Really? I don't know what you call it. Maybe I'm actually being generous.

I think you are being generous in the sense that you're absolving him of responsibility for his stupid ideas if you're implying that he can't help them due to constitutional witlessness. I've seen Winstone interviewed and he's perfectly capable of thinking, it's just that it appears he sometimes chooses not to.

'We're a f***in' island race.'

With regards to the UK population in the north of Ireland, another island, I'd say he's an actively thick cunt to boot. Basic geography, Ray. Not to mention all the history and that.

'Island race' is a stupid phrase, but the fact that Britain colonises part of a different country isn't really the best argument against it (though I have no idea of Winstone's views on the Irish question - he might well be a unionist for all I know.)

MuteBanana

"And for you sir?"
"A pork chop and a kidney"
"Excellent choice."

Depressed Beyond Tables

Quote from: manticore on November 12, 2018, 06:49:50 PM
I think you are being generous in the sense that you're absolving him of responsibility for his stupid ideas if you're implying that he can't help them due to constitutional witlessness. I've seen Winstone interviewed and he's perfectly capable of thinking, it's just that it appears he sometimes chooses not to.

'Island race' is a stupid phrase, but the fact that Britain colonises part of a different country isn't really the best argument against it (though I have no idea of Winstone's views on the Irish question - he might well be a unionist for all I know.)

I'd say he's pandering to the layman with small-minded thinking. That coupled with aging, which naturally drives people to become more conservative.

You don't need to get into a for/against discussion of Brexit to understand that were Mediterranean countries to adopt similar international policies, Ray's retirement dream would go up in smoke.

Dannyhood91

He's great in Nil By Mouth. Never gonna watch that film again though cos it genuinely upset me.

He unexpectedly popped up in Ever Decreasing Circles as a lorry driver (or something) who for some reason has to go to Martin and Ann's house, talks to Ann, finds out they are both doing a degree with the Open University and pops in to have coffee and a chat with her about it.  That was fairly considerate, don't know about gentle.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on November 12, 2018, 12:45:07 AM
He was hilariously bad as Henry VIII.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPlqQgMpsbA

That is funny but I didn't think he was bad as Henry. It was probably closer to what the king was like than Keith Michell's plummy portrayal. Henry would have had a heavy country bumpkin burr.

Brundle-Fly

We now know he's a Leaver and promotes gambling but can somebody find out if Ray ran out on his pregnant wife whilst out at the shops so we can really go off him?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Dannyhood91 on November 12, 2018, 07:58:54 PM
He's great in Nil By Mouth.

Yes he was. Been showing what a one-trick pony he is ever since. Also gave Kathy Burke a chance to demonstrate what Waynetta Slob would be like if she lived in the real world.

mothman

Face. Well, sort of.

His daughter was in Dead Set, and got the lads out in Donkey Punch.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Those cunts in Brussels will never take away my liver and potato!

Icehaven

In Martha, Meet Frank Daniel and Laurence he (sort of) plays a psychiatrist/therapist who spends the whole film patiently listening and offering advice to one of the other characters pouring his heart out to him. I say sort of because (spoiler alert) it turns out the heart-pourer went to the wrong door and Winstone isn't actually the therapist, but he's still unhard in it.

Buelligan

Tell yourself it was the Susan Scott Ray Winstone that did all the bad shit.  It was a false flag fucking Ray Winstone.  Where is biggy when you need him?

steve98

Quote from: icehaven on November 12, 2018, 03:52:15 PM

how exactly does one make oneself look more like Ray Winstone?

Trunks obv. (Orange trunks).

Sony Walkman Prophecies

Quote from: steve98 on November 13, 2018, 01:50:08 AM
Trunks obv. (Orange trunks).

Interesting. Skinner legs than I would have thought. Obviously one of those stocky types who's really just a bit 'top heavy'. Needs to work a lot more on his biceps/delts though. Pecs are massively overdeveloped compared to the rest of him. Still would though, obviously.

New Jack

Tags: you Winstone, you Losestone

steve98

Quote from: Sony Walkman Prophecies on November 13, 2018, 02:53:13 PM
Interesting. Skinner legs than I would have thought.  Still would though, obviously.

Mark Steels Stockbroker

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on November 12, 2018, 09:08:44 AM
I met him through the course of my work a couple of years ago and chatted with him for half an hour or so.  Seemed like a decent enough and genuine sort.

They're always the worst. Cunts to a man.

yesitsme

Some times I like to pretend I'm Ray Winstone.

if I'm working late I get to eldest's football after they've kicked off.  Hopefully it's raining.  When I get to about 50 yards from the pitch, or better still if there's a cage or fence I always stop and watch 'my boy' running a'rhand playin' is littul 'art ahrt.

With rain running down my face I shed a little tear.  She won't even let me watch me own nipper play his football.

Sometimes I sit in the car park watching him walk off with mates, sometimes I stand at the gates and he runs over, I ask him how he got on and how his mum is.  I ruffle his hair and perhaps push a fiver in to his hand.  It's all I've got since she kicked me out.

He says 'Bye then dad' and runs after his mates, catching them up and swinging his bag about.

It's a bit of fun.

mothman

^ Bleakness thread, where are ye now?