Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:25:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

'Cringe comedy' bollocks

Started by bobloblaw, November 12, 2018, 02:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garnish

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on November 14, 2018, 11:58:54 AM
I've heard some real horror stories about commissioning editors. Like the one about the TV exec who comissioned a comedy pilot that she'd sat on for a year. The producers finally got the meeting only to arrive early spotting her through the window of her glass walled office scrabbling around on her knees looking for the pilot tape. They then observed her watching it on fast foward snapping at her assistant "Any sign of them? Still haven't watched this fucking thing yet."

I'm not sure how they would have heard all that through a glass wall without their presence being detected.

Brundle-Fly

Because she was on her knees in front of the VCR/ TV with her back to them. They were stood in the lobby right outside her office and they could hear her.

petril

Quote from: garnish on November 14, 2018, 10:33:42 PM
I'm not sure how they would have heard all that through a glass wall without their presence being detected.

it's Television, she was speaking very loud instead of muttering under her breath like in real life, but we're meant to suspend our disbelief a bit and accept it as moving the plot along

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: bobloblaw on November 12, 2018, 02:05:21 PM
Ash Atalla: "Traditional comedy didn't show people being sad,

It's like he's never even heard of Charlie Chaplin.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: petrilTanaka on November 15, 2018, 12:40:54 PM
it's Television, she was speaking very loud instead of muttering under her breath like in real life, but we're meant to suspend our disbelief a bit and accept it as moving the plot along

If I'm going make this story up, believe me, I'd come up with a better pay off than that.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: bobloblaw on November 12, 2018, 02:05:21 PM
Ash Atalla: "Traditional comedy didn't show people being sad"

I don't think I've heard that much bollocks in my life.

NoOffenceLynn

No mention of "THE TAP" Pioneers surely

Brundle-Fly

What he's done there is confuse 'traditional comedy' with a novelty laughing bag he once bought from a joke shop in Hastings in 1981.

Andy147

Quote from: petrilTanaka on November 15, 2018, 12:40:54 PM

As long as she then said "They're right behind me, aren't they?" and turned round looking sheepish, I'll accept it.