Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:50:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stan Lee dead

Started by madhair60, November 12, 2018, 06:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelvin

His cameos are always shit, so this is wonderful news.

biggytitbo

Batman is hardly an original idea is it, some nutter dresses up like a twat and fights punks, it's a story as old as time itself.

Urinal Cake

Self-promotion will get you everywhere.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on November 12, 2018, 07:53:46 PM
I had a threesome with Stan Lee once.

Sexiest day of my life that was.

Despicable of you to leave the third person behind in this sexy menage a trois.  Bet you and Stan skipped off together hand in hand immediately after this photo was taken, leaving the poor spare wheel behind.  For shame, SMBH.

Phil_A

Quote from: Nowhere Man on November 12, 2018, 09:23:51 PM

However, he did seemingly compliment Lee and Kirby's talents throughout his life, which is more than Bob Kane ever did for Bill Finger (aka the co-creator of Batman who Kane never even acknowledged until after his death.

Now that guy sounds like a real piece of shit.

Absolutely, Kane was a total grifter, a fraud. You only have to glance at the early strips in Detective to see he could barely draw a straight line, but got lucky with talented inkers who were able to turn his doodles into something half decent.

I don't think he even touched a pencil after around 1945, while still receiving sole credit on the strip. He employed "ghosts" to imitate his style but whom would receive no recognition for decades afterwards. This included Batman legends like the great Dick Sprang, who arguably created the defining look of the character throughout the forties and fifties.

I've only now just read the story of how he fucked over Siegel and Schuster when they were attempting to re-negotiate the rights to Superman, which is just astonishing in it's cuntitude.

Nowhere Man

Quote from: Phil_A on November 12, 2018, 10:05:17 PM
I've only now just read the story of how he fucked over Siegel and Schuster when they were attempting to re-negotiate the rights to Superman, which is just astonishing in it's cuntitude.

From someone on YouTube

QuoteAs the story goes, Siegel & Shuster wanted to get the rights to superman back from DC, and asked Kane for help. He declined. He did however tell the people in charge of DC about S & S's plan, and even got to negotiate a high pay grade for himself while he was at it.

Yep, that is grade A cuntery of the highest order.

Nice to hear that Jim Steranko (creator of Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D) walloped him across the face once.

and apparently Stan Lee attended Kane's funeral with another comic creator and spent the whole time cracking joke's and pointing out what a hack the man was.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on November 12, 2018, 10:04:56 PM
Despicable of you to leave the third person behind in this sexy menage a trois.  Bet you and Stan skipped off together hand in hand immediately after this photo was taken, leaving the poor spare wheel behind.  For shame, SMBH.

He was the only one to be impregnated too, and now brings up the child in the gutters of Surrey. But I feel no shame for the love between Stan and I was pure and true and only occasionally against the law.

a duncandisorderly

to make things worse for the wags at marvel, they can't even hire hugh hefner to pretend to be stan lee because he's also gone before.

Shaky

At work we have a few fans of the movies rather than the comics so I'm going to have to bite my tongue from doing the old, "Ah, yes... but he took a lot of credit away from other people, actually," thing. Will just stick with, 'Yes, he was a great bloke," I think.

Nowhere Man

"At least he wasn't Bob Kane"!

I know I keep banging on about Bob, but whatta cunt he was

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Shaky

Quote from: Nowhere Man on November 12, 2018, 10:55:03 PM
"At least he wasn't Bob Kane"!

I know I keep banging on about Bob, but whatta cunt he was

Bob Kane was the Mike Love of comic books.

Dex Sawash

I only read Huey, Dewey and Louie so I don't care much

Paul Calf

Does anyone know why I thought Stan Lee had already died, about a year ago?

Glebe

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on November 12, 2018, 07:53:46 PMI had a threesome with Stan Lee once.

Well that beats my Grant Morrison by some margin, SMBH.

Sadness all round... his last cameo (although probably not actually his last, given that he surely had a couple more Marvel cameos already filmed) in Ant Man and the Wasp was pretty funny.

BlodwynPig

Nowhere Man

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Paul Calf on November 13, 2018, 03:07:38 AM

his mrs.

ASFTSN

Quote from: Paul Calf on November 13, 2018, 03:07:38 AM

I thought it was just me. I swear I remember reading about him dying already.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on November 13, 2018, 06:02:03 AM
his mrs.

Not very nice of her to start those rumours, the rotten cow. Sounds like he's well out of it.

biggytitbo

Head Gardener

Alberon

I don't understand the fuss. It won't be long until they bring him back. They always do eventually.

Paul Calf

Quote from: ASFTSN on November 13, 2018, 08:33:41 AM
I thought it was just me. I swear I remember reading about him dying already.

Mrs. Calf also thought so. Weird.

Nowhere Man

I was reading and thinking more about him today and it really is amazing the impact he's had on literature, never mind just comics. Quite astonishing when you consider how far his influence has reached across the western world.

Yeah I know, i'm stating the obvious with this.

SteveDave

Thanos' click strikes again

Jockice

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on November 12, 2018, 08:10:39 PM
The one in the middle.

Edit: Gah, beaten to it.

Edit: Also, Paul fucking Ross? I've never been so insulted in my entire life. And when I was 16 someone compared me to the then 40 year old Robbie Coltrane.

I'd say more John Harrison. But he's not famous or anything.