Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:39:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Who's the oldest cunt on here?

Started by madhair60, November 13, 2018, 10:39:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoonDust

Quote from: Buelligan on November 13, 2018, 12:51:26 PM
I'm 87 and I feel great.  Could run a cunting mile.

Really?

I always assumed you were in your 30s. Mind you I assume that of most posters on here to be fair. Sometimes I even think I'm in my 30s.

kittens

i'm 28 and feel like death is round the corner. can't imagine how people who are 30+ cope

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

When are you going to get off the bus ?

Cuellar

Quote from: kittens on November 13, 2018, 01:11:17 PM
i'm 28 and feel like death is round the corner. can't imagine how people who are 30+ cope

It gets easier.

(Shhhh! Don't tell him, readers! ;) )

Neomod

Jockice

Quote from: Neomod on November 13, 2018, 12:56:13 PM
You look 60?

I've officially changed my age like that Dutch bloke is trying to. I'm now 2018. Which must be why when people see me they usually go: 'Jesus Christ!'

Jockice

Nowhere Man

Depressed Beyond Tables

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on November 13, 2018, 12:33:52 PM
I'm 53 in March. What's it like?

Typical brisk spring temperatures with scattered showers usually.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on November 13, 2018, 12:42:52 PM
I'm from Richmond. Spent a lot of time in Darlo though for my sins.

So you went to a public school?

BlodwynPig

Even Thomas is approaching his 30s now, ffs.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on November 13, 2018, 01:48:10 PM
who's the youngest here

i'm 25

I suppose someone could register an account for their future son or daughter. Or grandchild etc.

Nowhere Man

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 13, 2018, 01:45:17 PM
So you went to a public school?

No and that public school was closed by the time I was in secondary.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 13, 2018, 12:39:46 PM
on a side note, we've had a lot of fresh blood on here, but I wonder if future CaBbers will be discovering Morris or Cook as teenagers, finding this site and joining "post-ironically", not really understanding the grandad humour, but enjoying the aesthetic.

Maybe when Morris eventually releases the new movie with Anna Kendrick we'll be besieged by thousands of 14 year old American boys. All of whom would probably turn in to mass murderers if mook is back by then.

im barry bethel

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 13, 2018, 12:39:46 PM
on a side note, we've had a lot of fresh blood on here, but I wonder if future CaBbers will be discovering Morris or Cook as teenagers, finding this site and joining "post-ironically", not really understanding the grandad humour, but enjoying the aesthetic.

They won't believe the internet used to be in black and white

manticore

I'm one month older than Chris Morris, so beat that if you can.

biggytitbo

Nobody here knows what time even is so don't tell me you claim to know how 'old' you are in 'years', it's got bells on.

Hey, Punk!

I'm currently 24 and have yet to feel that 'I'm how old' shock. A lot of people my age mention feeling old and I just reply that they're nutcases, I'm a strapping young lad thank you very much. Why bother spending time worrying about how old you are though? If you aren't hurting just do the things that get you fired up, unless its diddling kids or shooting people.

Twed

Quote from: Hey, Punk! on November 13, 2018, 03:31:32 PM
I'm currently 24 and have yet to feel that 'I'm how old' shock. A lot of people my age mention feeling old and I just reply that they're nutcases, I'm a strapping young lad thank you very much. Why bother spending time worrying about how old you are though? If you aren't hurting just do the things that get you fired up, unless its diddling kids or shooting people.

Yeah I don't feel old, haven't been shocked by a birthday yet, still at the age where people are described as a wunderkind if they actually achieve anything substantial (which buys me some time)

Hey, Punk!

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on November 13, 2018, 03:45:47 PM
Yeah I don't feel old, haven't been shocked by a birthday yet, still at the age where people are described as a wunderkind if they actually achieve anything substantial (which buys me some time)

I remember that Edward Thomas didn't even begin writing poetry until he was about 34, he did write reviews and essays earlier than this, but that someone has to begin something at the age of about 7 to be great or celebrated is something I think is believed by people who would prefer to think that acheivement is now impossible rather than go through the effort of it.

Also, Son House didn't pick up a guitar until he was 25 and Father Of The Delta Blues is easily one of the best albums of blues I've heard.

New Jack

Quote from: Hey, Punk! on November 13, 2018, 03:59:36 PM
I remember that Edward Thomas didn't even begin writing poetry until he was about 34, he did write reviews and essays earlier than this, but that someone has to begin something at the age of about 7 to be great or celebrated is something I think is believed by people who would prefer to think that acheivement is now impossible rather than go through the effort of it.

Loaday shite that belief. Conversely I can get behind the 10k hours to master something quote, though it seems to deny natural talent exists or indeed insurmountable lack of ability. I have tone deaf mates who 100,000 hours of piano lessons wouldn't help.

Plenty of people started stuff 'late'. Shit, I don't even think 40 something is late, and I'm years off that so it's not couched in some pathetic age-conscious self justifying self defense mechanism and artistically I never dreamed I'd have managed what I have, small beer though it is. It's all just an excuse to not bother innit?

People just do nothing. We've not long buried one of my great uncles who at 80 decided to get a degree, then a fucking masters, in psychology. I duly noted just over a decade on that the funeral was full of people who knew him only as the wacky ol psychology ace, meeting his old sergeant, meeting his daughters, and I found these worlds colliding deeply hilarious, absolutely thrilling, I loved that element of it.

That, to me, is a role model. Why define yourself? Why bother? There is a perverse and fun pleasure to be had in defying the tedious expectations of others. Anyone who counts would back you anyway. Everyone else can get chucked off the scaffolding.

Brundle-Fly

i really like the age mix in here but what is more incongrous? People in their mid-twenties chatting regularly on a messageboard with folk old enough to be their parents about classic bands from the 1960s, Doctor Who, alcholism and wanking or fifty somethings rubbing shoulders with millenials to discuss transgender politics, Red Dead Redemption 2, alcoholism and wanking?

Black Ship

QDRPHNC

I'm 41 and better than ever. Better than ever? Yes, better than ever, so shut your mouth. 

Depressed Beyond Tables

biggytitbo

Leslie Joseph didn't even become famous until she was in her 70s so there's hope for us all.