Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:53:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I'm A Celeb... 2018

Started by Malcy, November 13, 2018, 11:17:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

Did anyone miss Ant? I thought Holly was great as a replacement. She really got into the show whereas Ant would have just pulled the usual faces. I think Dec would do well to ditch him. He was more than capable of presenting SNT without him. Apparently the both of them are starting work on BGT next month though.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Kick a man while he's down, why don't you.

neardark

I keep banging on about this elsewhere but I much preferred Holly and Dec, found Dec funnier than usual which makes me think Ant is holding him back or something. Maybe it just works better having 1 comedian and 1 presenter instead of two of them doing both?

Lemming

Yeah fuck Ant (all due respect, hope he's recovering well from that time he plowed his car into a little kid while lit out of his fucking mind). Holly was still godawful but compared to Ant she's downright competent.

Dec's function in the show is catharsis, because you can relax by hoping/imagining during the live bits where he's walking over the bridge that it'll just snap and totally give way, plunging him down hundreds of meters to the jungle floor.

St_Eddie

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Malcy on December 11, 2018, 12:46:17 AM
Did anyone miss Ant?

Only in the eating trials.  The pair of them would laugh and snigger as the poor sods struggled to keep down a Kangaroo anus or an eyeball, whereas the Willoughby just cringed and looked away, which was less fun.

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on December 12, 2018, 02:17:19 AM
Only in the eating trials.  The pair of them would laugh and snigger as the poor sods struggled to keep down a Kangaroo anus or an eyeball, whereas the Willoughby just cringed and looked away, which was less fun.

I actually liked the fact that Willoughby seemed to forget that she was hosting a huge primetime reality show during the trials, she looked genuinely disgusted and upset at times. Dec is so cynically hardened to it all, he just sniggered along as he always does, but you could tell that his new co-host was thinking, "Fuck me, this is actually horrible."

Did anyone watch the 'coming out' thing on ITV last night? Fair play to Knowles, he obviously gets and enjoys the fact that being number one in the iTunes chart is a joke at his expense. He didn't appear to be laughing through gritted teeth either, he's taken it all in good spirits.

Utter Shit

Yeah I half-watched it while the football was on. Bit sappy but I really love how much this group got on, all the talk of them being so happy to have met each other and how their lives have changed didn't feel forced or for show. Loads of lovely little friendships like Fleur and Harry, Noel and Harry, Nick and Anne, James and Harry...basically Harry and everyone really. I've made this point before but I find it so much more entertaining to watch than the 'reality' of Big Brother, X Factor etc where the producers install themselves as antagonists and try to create drama.

Yeah, as we've said before, the producers tried to create drama this year with the introduction of Noel, but he turned out to be alright too.

MuteBanana

Watched that clip of Harry saying when Emily was going on about getting with his son Jamie he thought she had no chance. But then when he saw her all scrubbed up she "looked useful".

Harry has got his son's back. No mingers allowed in the Redknapp family.