Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:11:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CaB-related deja-vu

Started by canadagoose, November 14, 2018, 08:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

canadagoose

I was about to post a silly joke in one of the topics when I suddenly felt like I'd dreamt that moment (the joke-posting) already, over 10 years ago. I seem to remember it was just before I woke up, on a school day, and it was in my childhood home, around 2005-ish. It was so surreal, because it felt like everything just lined up. In particular, these topics stuck out as being part of the experience, like they were all there then:

- Black Ship Friend Zone topic
- Let's not take drugs topic
- Life-size female dolls topic

It's probably just standard deja-vu but God it felt unsettling. Especially considering I'd probably never even seen CaB before back then. It was like I was headed to this moment for the last 13 years regardless of what I did, and everyone here was too. What a way to start my day. What do you reckon causes this sort of thing? I know it's just brain shit but it's knocked me off the stot already.

p.s. The joke was cack and I'm not posting it.

New Jack

Maybe reality itself is shifting and overlapping. Your sense of deja vu is merely your senses picking up this time line crystallising, aligning at this, a new horizon. Everything has, indeed been building up to this very moment.

... Bit of a let down isn't it?

madhair60

Whenever I read one of Pancreas' extremely derivative posts.

Black Ship

Quote from: canadagoose on November 14, 2018, 08:41:35 AM
- Black Ship Friend Zone topic

That's cos every 6 months I post topic about how bad my relationship status is, because I'm going through a dark night of the soul, fuelled by too much tea-related caffeine and my own paranoia. I always get this way at the start of a new monthly cycle. Sometimes I try to shake it off  and sometimes I just need a nice metaphorical hug and reassurance that I'm a valuable person. 

And then feel guilty the next day about how self indulgent and attention seeking I am.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

*gives metaphorical hug*

'course you're a valuable type, Blacko. Really regretted not arranging to meet up with you when we were both in Tallinn at the same time.

canadagoose

Quote from: Black Ship on November 14, 2018, 08:57:54 AM
That's cos every 6 months I post topic about how bad my relationship status is, because I'm going through a dark night of the soul, fuelled by too much tea-related caffeine and my own paranoia. I always get this way at the start of a new monthly cycle. Sometimes I try to shake it off  and sometimes I just need a nice metaphorical hug and reassurance that I'm a valuable person. 

And then feel guilty the next day about how self indulgent and attention seeking I am.
Sorry things aren't so good for you just now... I hope things improve for you soon. The inclusion of your topic certainly wasn't a pop at you, btw - it was just the title seemed to fit into the whole deja-vu experience for no reason at all, like I'd read the words in my dream. Just my mind playing tricks on me, probably.

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on November 14, 2018, 09:10:40 AM
'course you're a valuable type, Blacko.

That gave me Smash Hits letters page deja-vu.

Pop fans over 45 will know what I'm talking about.

Buelligan

The life-sized-dolls-thing is something that has haunted the minds and boards here in the past, I'm sure of that.  Though, in honesty, I've never read those threads.

On the unsettlingness of deja-vu and especially that feeling that it's all been leading up to this.  I think it's a sort of brain-fart that we all have at times.  Like that feeling of being watched or that paranoid feeling something horrible is right behind you when you just happen to glance down and see a pair of neon-green sneakers that you don't own, right there, on your bed.  Nothing to worry about at all.  Perfectly normal.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Better Midlands on November 14, 2018, 10:38:05 AM
That gave me Smash Hits letters page deja-vu.

Pop fans over 45 will know what I'm talking about.

Every time I go to order a refreshing beverage from my local kraft beer place, I always give myself Smash Hits letters page deja-vu by asking " where's the Kruger, matey ? "

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on November 14, 2018, 11:07:41 AM
The life-sized-dolls-thing is something that has haunted the minds and boards here in the past, I'm sure of that.  Though, in honesty, I've never read those threads.

My wife wanted me to buy her a life-size realistic child doll when we first met. I saw them on the web. Demonic. Why did I not listen to my instinct!

Buelligan

Why indeed oh Pig.  Why, indeed.