Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:34:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Black Friday Desolation Thread

Started by Blue Jam, November 14, 2018, 02:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

BUY MORE SHIT OR WE'RE ALL FUCKED:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/nov/13/black-friday-2018-best-uk-deals-offers-guide

QuoteArgos is giving away 100 shower curtains with built-in pockets for tablets and mobile phones so customers can shop while they shower. 

I'm in the market for a new massive telly but I won't be ordering it from the shower. In any case I have a shower screen. Perhaps this is a ploy to make people destroy their iPads via water damage so they might pop to Argos to buy a replacement...

Pleass tell me where I can get a cheap massive telly, or just post bleak things. Ta.

BlodwynPig

Icehaven

QuoteArgos is giving away 100 shower curtains with built-in pockets for tablets and mobile phones so customers can shop while they shower.

Yes because shopping online is the only imaginable reason why anyone would want to be able to see their tablet or phone screen while naked and wet. They should just admit it's a built-in wank wallet and be done with it.

BlodwynPig

So Newspapers are whoring themselves as drab capitalist shopping catalogues now.

Dr Trouser

I need to put a curtain rail up but i'm waiting on the Black Friday Massive Rawl Plug Discount Frenzy!!!!

biggytitbo

Black Friday is now Black Friday week isn't it, and Black Friday week eve, and the run-up to black friday week eve, and then of course cyber monday, and cyber monday week. Then it'll be Christmas and new year sales for the next 6 weeks too.

Still, if I can get a cheap telly out of it i'll be happy as its all quite easy to ignore otherwise.

kittens

WHY oh WHY do they put black friday right at the end of the month before payday. these past two years i have thought 'hey i could buy some cheap knockoff shit at reduced rates' but obviously i have already spent all of this month's money on booze and fags by then. put it AFTER people get paid, rake in more cash from suckers like me.

Icehaven

Quote from: kittens on November 14, 2018, 05:07:33 PM
WHY oh WHY do they put black friday right at the end of the month before payday. these past two years i have thought 'hey i could buy some cheap knockoff shit at reduced rates' but obviously i have already spent all of this month's money on booze and fags by then. put it AFTER people get paid, rake in more cash from suckers like me.

Because it's supposed to encourage an extra shopping spree on top of the regular end-of-the-month one. Create a few extra days mid month when people feel obliged to spend a load of cash wether they have it or not and you've doubled your (possibly non-existent) money.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on November 14, 2018, 02:30:55 PM
Peak Black Friday Deso:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/black-friday-2017-latest-oxford-street-london-currys-pc-world-deals-man-waiting-media-disappointment-a8073501.html

QuoteAppearing slightly sheepish at the attention of the assembled media, the man, who said his name was Marcel, glided through the store to pick up his pre-ordered laptop

Pffft, he sounds really cool and French. Just look at him, all alone, like he's Madonna getting the VIP treatment at 11pm at Harrod's, he looks well chuffed.

Squink

Quote from: kittens on November 14, 2018, 05:07:33 PM

This would require a grassroots campaign to get America to shift the national holiday of Thanksgiving to be in line with British payroll schedules, and I think CaB is just the place to get such a campaign underway (don't expect me to do anything though, not arsed mate).

Brian Freeze

Last year Blackpool Zoo did some sort of Black Friday promotion shite. Showing themselves up to be a right set of twats in the process.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 14, 2018, 02:22:44 PM

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/nov/13/black-friday-2018-best-uk-deals-offers-guide

I'm in the market for a new massive telly but I won't be ordering it from the shower. In any case I have a shower screen. Perhaps this is a ploy to make people destroy their iPads via water damage so they might pop to Argos to buy a replacement...

Pleass tell me where I can get a cheap massive telly, or just post bleak things. Ta.

Be careful with black Friday deals on tellies. They cobble together models out of all the spare shit they have sitting around and give it a model number that's similar to a premium model.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 14, 2018, 02:37:16 PM
So Newspapers are whoring themselves as drab capitalist shopping catalogues now.

"I know already who posted this" of the day

im barry bethel

Quote from: icehaven on November 14, 2018, 02:29:47 PM

Yes because shopping online is the only imaginable reason why anyone would want to be able to see their tablet or phone screen while naked and wet. They should just admit it's a built-in wank wallet and be done with it.

Funny how you're the only one who's thought about using it like that...

Christ, just clicked that Guardian link.

QuoteAsos

What's happening? The online fashion retailer kicks off its sale on 23 November.

Where? Find out more here.

What? Asos promises big discounts on coats, jeans, shoes and more.

ALL THE BEST DEALS AND OFFERS

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on November 14, 2018, 06:02:59 PM

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 14, 2018, 05:51:48 PM
"I know already who posted this" of the day

Wrong Shoulders...Wrong!

Cuntbeaks

Punching a stranger in the throat in order to liberate the last Blaupunkt 36" HD Ready TV off a blood stained pallette.

A bargain at £329.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on November 14, 2018, 06:02:59 PM

Half of that article is just "Amazon will have some stuff reduced... and ASOS will be discounting, I dunno, some clothes probably".

It's like when I do a Google search for "games with gold" and the top results are a load of those pointless Daily Express and Daily Star articles which say "The Xbox Games With Gold titles for this month are... due to be announced soon..."

BlodwynPig

a duncandisorderly

where can I get one of these shower-curtains with a wank-wallet? my ipad already has a waterproof case but it keeps falling in the bath & floating away.
my argos doesn't know about this offer.

Attila

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 14, 2018, 02:22:44 PM

I have a shopping tote with this printed on it (from a MOdern Toss exhibition in Brighton a few years back). I like to use it when we hit up the shops on our weekly outing, especially since the local supermarket is a Waitrose.

biggytitbo

Amazon always make a big fuss about this but then their deals are usualy total shit. 

All the papers make a big deal abot Black Friday now as it's pure seo driven clickbait. Just like the star and express have a non story about the playstation 5 almost every day, sweeping up all those clicks from Google news.

Do any shops still allow the bundle melee grab what you can extravaganza on Black Friday? I thought most places had cut that out and limited it to mostly an online event.

There's more dignity to those who queue at 4am on Boxing Day outside Next.

Janie Jones

He who dies with the most toys wins.

KennyMonster

Why the fuck have we got Black Friday anyway?
Surely that is desolation in itself.

In the US it is the 'Boxing Day' to their thanksgiving.

Over here it's just a cheap selling day because they have one over there.

We laugh at TV shows who report on whacky Japenese people trying to do Xmas en they sell Santas on the crucifix but we are just as bad.

It is just a day to be aggressively greedy in the hunt for a bargain because those cunts do it.

Cloud

The fact that "Black Friday" started a week early on Amazon says it all.

For all the US's faults, at least they seem to  have the decency to have it just for one day.  Plus, it's entertaining watching their fights on Youtube.

Brian Freeze

To be serious- we are going to need a new fridge freezer before  Christmas because I've not managed to repair this one here.

Will there be any point in looking for a deal on one next weekend or are we best to stay the fuck away from Currys/Comet/Dixons or retail parks in general for the sake of our sanity?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Brian Freeze on November 15, 2018, 05:34:57 PM
To be serious- we are going to need a new fridge freezer before  Christmas because I've not managed to repair this one here.

Will there be any point in looking for a deal on one next weekend or are we best to stay the fuck away from Currys/Comet/Dixons or retail parks in general for the sake of our sanity?

Didn't know your first name was Brian