Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:27:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Black Friday Desolation Thread

Started by Blue Jam, November 14, 2018, 02:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gradual Decline

olliebean

Quote from: biggytitbo on November 15, 2018, 06:54:56 AM
Amazon always make a big fuss about this but then their deals are usualy total shit.

Amazon has better deals on Prime day, as I discovered this year when my free Prime trial happened to coincide with it.

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on November 14, 2018, 07:24:42 PM
Punching a stranger in the throat in order to liberate the last Blaupunkt 36" HD Ready TV off a blood stained pallette.

A bargain at £329.

hahaha

Blue Jam

Blaupunkt indeed... Think I'm going to go for a Samsung or an LG. Seriously guys, if anyone finds a good deal post it here please. I'll probably be going for a 43-incher (oo-er) because that's the size of the pocket in my waterproof shower curtain.

kittens

i despair. it is supposed to be the modern day but everybody is just buying a television. seems these days if you don't buying an iphone all of a sudden it's not good anymore. i thought it was supposed to be modern times? but instead all the kids buying a selfie stick   actually addicted to facebook. it's like it's illegal now not to buy a microtransaction. i swear in the past nobody bought a televison and watched the iphone but now in the 'supposedly' modern time it's almost against the law to not buy a microtransaction for angry birds double eggs for one hour. my nephew came up to me the other day, good little boy, and i wouldn't be surprised if his first word was iphone or great deals on televisions. it's unbelievable.it's supposed to be modern times but instead everyone buying a television knock down rates. 'grandson i have saved all my pensions to buy your education and medicine' he just spends it all on microtransactions and rakes in double the eggs for the next hour. you can't take them with you you know, you have to spend them to rank up your birds. i despair.

Cloud

To be fair I got a new GPU from Overclockers who were doing a nice deal on AMD stuff.  Like, RRP rather than hyper inflated!  Woo!

Not all bad this Black November thing.

MojoJojo

Quote from: kittens on November 16, 2018, 06:40:13 PM
i despair. it is supposed to be the modern day but everybody is just buying a television. seems these days if you don't buying an iphone all of a sudden it's not good anymore. i thought it was supposed to be modern times?

I bought a robot hoover, is that modern enough?

kittens

i remember a time when hoovers weren't robots. not like now.

kngen

Quote from: KennyMonster on November 15, 2018, 11:36:23 AM
Why the fuck have we got Black Friday anyway?
Surely that is desolation in itself.

In the US it is the 'Boxing Day' to their thanksgiving.

Over here it's just a cheap selling day because they have one over there.

We laugh at TV shows who report on whacky Japenese people trying to do Xmas en they sell Santas on the crucifix but we are just as bad.

It is just a day to be aggressively greedy in the hunt for a bargain because those cunts do it.

Yeah, of all the American things that could be imported (Chicken-fried steak, WaWa, marijuana edibles, ranch-flavoured Pringles) this is probably the most dismal. At least I had the pleasure of eating a breakfast of leftovers while doing my Black Friday shopping (new 4k telly - $300 off. Ta much!) and a family gathering/piss-up/airing of grievances later on. Just having the slightly cheaper shopping bit seems like a raw deal, tbh.

Crabwalk

If it was called 'Black History Friday' you cunts would like it more.

thenoise

It's a bit satisfying how resolutely British people refuse to do Black Friday though (despite attempts by the media, no doubt bribed by the major shop owners to exaggerate the 'carnage'.

only seems to happen in a few stores around London, and it's mainly foreigners, Americans probably, who haven't lived here long enough to grow out of all that nonsense yet.

I have had a few Facebook friends do cringey posts about what they are 'thankful' for, in a sad attempt to join in with the silly Yank holidays. RIGHT YoUR BANNED FRoM GUY FoRKS DAY NEXT YEAR cunt.

Head Gardener

QDRPHNC

Black Friday can be a helpful reminder of how much a person's dignity is worth.

New Jack

Hope my bus to work is discounted. Feel like a splurge this Black Friday. Might even get two singles

My PC died last week so I've been holding out until today to get a new motherboard, CPU and RAM.

Might as well have not fucking bothered. Everything is the same price as when I looked last week. I noticed that Amazon was price matching the best deals, so I was consoled that at least I'll get all the bits delivered tomorrow via Prime. "Expected delivery Tuesday - Wednesday".

Fucking desolation.

New Jack

Is even Ebuyer being scammy and shite? Cor, their site is plastered with African-American Friday deals

Quote from: New Jack on November 23, 2018, 03:07:38 PM
Is even Ebuyer being scammy and shite? Cor, their site is plastered with African-American Friday deals

They have some pretty good deals going on, just not for the bits I need. If my graphics card, storage and power supply had died I'd be well away.

Cuellar

They should make black friday at the beginning of the month.

Or is to encourage debt? (I mean obviously it is)

steve98

Quote from: kittens on November 14, 2018, 05:07:33 PM
WHY oh WHY do they put black friday right at the end of the month before payday. these past two years i have thought 'hey i could buy some cheap knockoff shit at reduced rates' but obviously i have already spent all of this month's money on booze and fags by then. put it AFTER people get paid, rake in more cash from suckers like me.

Should have thought about that years ago, when - By your own admission - you neglected to cover yourself with PPI that you (Or The Claims Guys) could potentially have claimed back.

kittens

Quote from: Cuellar on November 23, 2018, 03:33:14 PM
They should make black friday at the beginning of the month.

Or is to encourage debt? (I mean obviously it is)

you have repeated my point from earlier in the thread. choose my reply:

1: ha ha, great minds!

2: i see your block script is working well you motherfucking bitch ass

3: no reply

New Jack

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on November 23, 2018, 03:22:08 PM
They have some pretty good deals going on, just not for the bits I need. If my graphics card, storage and power supply had died I'd be well away.

Bah, never mind matey!

Graphics cards are a nightmare these days thanks to bitcoin tumbling! I'd snatch one up if I wasn't skint and if my current one wasn't only a year old. Wasn't so much the price, but also being in stock!

Memory is generally cheap but sucks if you can't get a good CPU deal.

Cyber Monday though, might be a better shout. What's the difference though? Just a four day capitalist gang bang innit...

Cuellar

Quote from: kittens on November 23, 2018, 03:41:26 PM
you have repeated my point from earlier in the thread. choose my reply:

1: ha ha, great minds!

2: i see your block script is working well you motherfucking bitch ass

3: no reply

Number 1 please

kittens

ha ha, great minds you motherfucking bitch ass

Cuellar

New Jack

Sebastian Cobb

dr beat

Just don't like the term Black Friday. Sounds like a massive stock market crash. Or a massacre.

im barry bethel

Aldi had a tub of sweets knocked down from £4 to £3.99