Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:29:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Does anyone know if Dan Snow has a history degree?

Started by biggytitbo, November 14, 2018, 06:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

MoonDust

Icehaven

Quote from: WikipediaHe went to Balliol College, Oxford,[6] his father's alma mater, and graduated with first-class honours in Modern History

How far back does Modern History go?

biggytitbo

What a surprise, a high profile man in the media went to Oxford and is from a very well connected family, Dan really is a one off.

biggytitbo

EOLAN

Surely it should be Warren G Harding. Two words and an initial. Well he didn't go for the usual answer of James Buchanan I guess.

Also; manages to change KT Hopkins from a man without a history degree to someone without a history degree.

I was acting a bit like this just the once myself admittedly; when an RTE reporter stated at Trump's inauguration that never in its history has the United States been so divided. Of course had to change the man to someone for that one of course.

shiftwork2

He refers to the fellas as 'men' and Katie Hopkins as 'someone'.

History students I knew stayed in bed all day smoking weed so I'm not sure what his point is.

Edit: first bit in the previous post.

im barry bethel

When did Katie Hopkins become KT Hopkins?, you could easily mistake that someone for KT Tunstall...who does have a history degree

garnish

Quote from: biggytitbo on November 14, 2018, 06:27:09 PM
What a surprise, a high profile man in the media went to Oxford and is from a very well connected family, Dan really is a one off.

I mean, you're not wrong at all but I don't quite understand who you are addressing this to.

Isnt Anything

jobotic

Quote from: garnish on November 14, 2018, 07:24:07 PM
I mean, you're not wrong at all but I don't quite understand who you are addressing this to.

He's saying something obviously true (although in a way that suggests it's a great insight on his part) to distract you from the obvious shit he's spouting elsewhere?

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: jobotic on November 14, 2018, 07:44:13 PM
He's saying something obviously true (although in a way that suggests it's a great insight on his part) to distract you from the obvious shit he's spouting elsewhere?

Stop this please.

wosl

It's a pretty solid line, to be fair to Dan.  As a come-back you could take a gamble with it under loads of tweets and stand a great chance of being in the right.

jobotic

Are you fucking joking? Don't mess with the club members.

biggytitbo

QuoteBiggy: Dan, you're a massive posh twat who only got on TV because your dad was famous.

Dan Snow: There speaks a man who hasn't got a history degree

It really does work.

wosl

I knew I was on fairly solid ground after I tried it out under some Peter Andre tweets.

Hey, Punk!

It's a little embarassing to be so proud of having a degree, how many of the best thinkers do you read boasting about going to university? For many it is merely a stepping stone in their intellectual life, it's very similair to the secondary school mantra 'read more', that's all well and good, but what kind of books are you reading and what are you doing with your history degree?

Do you know who does have a history degree? George Bush.

MoonDust

Quote from: Hey, Punk! on November 14, 2018, 08:06:24 PM
It's a little embarassing to be so proud of having a degree, how many of the best thinkers do you read boasting about going to university? For many it is merely a stepping stone in their intellectual life, it's very similair to the secondary school mantra 'read more', that's all well and good, but what kind of books are you reading and what are you doing with your history degree?

Plus it's not like you even need a history degree to know that Obama is, objectively, not the most anti-British president in US history. Same for all the subjects he tweets his boast to.

Pathetic indeed.

marquis_de_sad

Do you know who else didn't have a history degree? Oh just a little guy with some crazy ideas called Jesus Christ.

And Hitler.

wosl

Wiki's list of people without a history degree literally runs to hundreds of names.

mothman

Beagle 2

I tried to get a history degree, but then I failed to get a history degree by mistake. Here speaks a man without a history degree but tried to get one but didn't by mistake.

mothman

wosl

Quote from: biggytitbo on November 14, 2018, 06:08:00 PMDan has also has interesting take on today's events:

Maybe it'll help if, instead of not saying it, he says it.

im barry bethel

Quote from: mothman on November 14, 2018, 08:30:20 PM
I've got a history degree. Do I win anything?

A six part series on bbc4 about C17 baking, if you had a physics degree you'd get the Cox sweeping helicopter shots

Icehaven

So is he implying people with history degrees don't make political mistakes? Because that's...absurd.

MoonDust

Quote from: icehaven on November 14, 2018, 09:10:08 PM
So is he implying people with history degrees don't make political mistakes? Because that's...absurd.

There speaks a woman who...