Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:44:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

RIP The Old Man

Started by aboutlastnight, February 20, 2005, 07:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Many of you will be surprised to know (because you probably thought he died years ago) that Dan O'Herlihy, famously The Old Man in RoboCop, died on Friday. He was 85.

"Dick! You're FIRED!"

I won't mention Halloween 3: Season of the Witch

Huzzie

Saw him in something just a couple of days back. Everytime I see him I think of Robocop, especially the Dick scenes.

Hey, Shankly, fancy showing me how to play Pro Evo at some point tonight?

Des Nilsen

What an unusual thread! :)

Rest in peace Dan.

Perhaps a thread of slightly obscure actors who're no longer with us is in order...

Edit - how about I just knock my own little idea in here to save the bother. Cool? I hope so.

Michael Jeter - 1952 / 2003.

He's been in lots of films, recentish appearances that spring to mind are Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas and The Green Mile. I was quite suprised to hear that he'd died.

-

Baxter

How about just anyone who is quite mediocre?

Dr. Paul Lacy

1943-2005

Invented a method of treating type 1 diabetes in the 70's and it's only just being tested on humans some 2000 people have already undergone 'islet transplantation' and it may have removed their need to take insulin, the process is still unapproved by the American food and drug association.

Sounds middle of the road enough to me.

VegaLA

Ossie Davis, who you may have sen in Bubba Ho Tep died a few tuesdays ago.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

The great gonzo gone? Shit.

Fuckwittio

Ahh, shame to hear about O'Herlihy (and Thompson of course). If anyone gets a chance, try and see the version of Robinson Crusoe he did with Luis Bunuel in Mexico. Probably the finest film of the novel.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044386/

86 years old, not a bad innings.

From the thread title I thought we'd found 2005's version of Sam.  I was rubbing my hands gleefully at the prospect of a Rats backlash.

Everything's disappointing these days.

Quote from: "Partridge's Love Child"From the thread title I thought we'd found 2005's version of Sam....

You'll have to explain this to me? Presumably some troll or something..

TotalNightmare

and SANDRA DEE....

www.imdb.com for details

Sam

Quote from: "aboutlastnight"
Quote from: "Partridge's Love Child"From the thread title I thought we'd found 2005's version of Sam....

You'll have to explain this to me? Presumably some troll or something..

No troll. My brother died last year and I made a thread about it and some people made some hilarious jokes about it.

Oh my God... I'm so sorry, didn't realise. Always putting my foot in it.

Again I didn't intend any offence.

Sam

Quote from: "aboutlastnight"Oh my God... I'm so sorry, didn't realise. Always putting my foot in it.

Again I didn't intend any offence.

Don't worry, no offence taken whatsoever. :)

Hopefully the people who made the jokes apologised.