Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:50:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

In the doghouse.

Started by Fry, November 15, 2018, 01:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fry

What do you do when your SO is angry at you? How do you crawl out the doghouse?

Sin Agog

Take an electric heater, an ipad, and a mini-fridge with you and convert it into a man-cave.

BlodwynPig

Fry

(It's 11am where I am.)

She was at hers last night and I don't have work today. So I took the opportunity to have a few drinks and smoke some cigarettes yesterday evening all alone. She came over this morning because it turned out she had an hour before she had to be in and I live right near her work. She let herself in and found me all draped in empty beer cans and an empty carton of Camels. She's upset I got quite drunk alone and started smoking again.

Like fair fucks I told her I'd stopped smoking, I understand why she's upset. I'm just hungover and full of shame.

Hey, Punk!

Just look at her like Kazuya is looking at me, should work a treat.

Fry

Was literally fully clothed lying on my bed surrounded in beer cans (and soju bottles) and amongst a cloud of stale smoke it was *not* a pretty sight. She brought breakfast and everything.

imitationleather

I don't see why she has a problem with a lad letting off some steam on his day off.

Depressed Beyond Tables

She's a keeper. You, on the other hand.

Fry

She has a thing about how I don't have any 'impulse control' and I guess she had a point, I had quit smoking before.

I just started skyping my mate and he was telling me about the worst proposal story ever and about how his girlfriend/fiancee is going to become a fuckin' spook and it was a conversation the required smoking and drinking.

Fry

She sent me a message about how she's not angry anymore but just disappointed in me :(

Still though, his bird proposed to him while drunk at our other friend's engagement party and now she's off at aldershot training to be a fuckin a spy. It was an insane catch up session.

Fry

I told him he should propose to her, properly, before they get married. Make a thing of it. He doesn't want to. He thinks proposing in a romantic way is tacky. Absolutely insane. They are just gonna up and get hitched after that.

They've been together for like 6 years it's nuts that that's how they're gonna do it.

At uni he was so romantic. When he used to get pissed and wander off we referred to it as him going "wolves in the rain" because that was the title of one of the poems we found in his journal. It's crazy how people change.

I think I'm still drunk.

Nowhere Man

Quote from: Fry on November 15, 2018, 02:07:12 AMjust started skyping my mate and he was telling me about the worst proposal story ever and about how his girlfriend/fiancee is going to become a fuckin' spook

She's training to be a ghost?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on November 15, 2018, 02:03:32 AM
She's a keeper.

She looks just like Peter Shilton!!!!!!! :-D

( What a great contemporary reference, eh ? For all you younger readers out there, I'm going to say she looks just like David Seamen )

Quote from: Fry on November 15, 2018, 02:14:10 AM
When he used to get pissed and wander off we referred to it as him going "wolves in the rain" because that was the title of one of the poems we found in his journal.

This is great. :)

Buelligan

My instinctive reaction is to disagree with someone who feels it's normal and OK to be cross or disappointed with someone for drinking and smoking on their own time.  I think it's weird and controlling and none of their fucking bizzy (and a very bad indication of a person's character).  If their victim had a serious alcohol addiction or smoking related illness, I might have a tad more sympathy but even then, ultimately, indulging ones own emotions is hardly helping. 

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I should think again, maybe the problem is I believe it's better to live alone than live to the music of someone else's drum.  I don't know but instinctively I think something's wrong and it's not you, Fry.

im barry bethel

I actually agree with Buelligan. You've done nothing wrong and you are well entitled to a break from her emotional problems and if that means having a few jars and some ciggies, you have fucking well earned it in spades. She is controlling and emotionally manipulative from everything you've said and her mental health problems do not justify this. I stand by my previous advice, I'm really fond of you and don't want to see you drained in the way that you are being  This won't work out in the long term for many reasons already discussed and you're both literally wasting your precious lives and damaging each other. Please forgive yourself this non-mistake and the sooner you can free yourself from this relationship the better.

im barry bethel

Fry expect to find Bosto foisting a picture of his nob on your bird soon

checkoutgirl

If she really is a spy shouldn't she tell people she's a travelling salesman or a landscape gardener or something. First rule of being a spy is you don't tell all and sundry that you're a spy.

Buelligan

That's exactly what she hoped you'd say.

wooders1978

Agree - you're a fucking grown up and if that's what you want to do in you're spare time, which is for you, not for her, then fair fucks

She sounds like a nutter mate, I'd watch out - also ask yourself this what would her reaction be if you'd shown up unannounced at her place, let yourself in and got upset because she's had a few whilst chatting to her mate the night before?

thenoise

Quote from: checkoutgirl on November 15, 2018, 08:00:28 AM
If she really is a spy shouldn't she tell people she's a travelling salesman or a landscape gardener or something. First rule of being a spy is you don't tell all and sundry that you're a spy.

Maybe she hasn't had that lesson at spy school yet.

'Oh I dropped out of spy school, now I work in insurance. Have to go on a business trip to Russia as it turns out. For 16 years.'

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Buelligan on November 15, 2018, 08:01:58 AM
That's exactly what she hoped you'd say.

Forget me, it's the Russians reading Fry's drunken ramblings she should be worried about. He's blown her cover for sure and she's still only in training.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: thenoise on November 15, 2018, 08:05:03 AM
Maybe she hasn't had that lesson at spy school yet.

'Oh I dropped out of spy school, now I work in insurance. Have to go on a business trip to Russia as it turns out. For 16 years.'

That's a dead giveaway. Have you not seen The Ipcress File?

Pijlstaart

You are a regular andy capp. You are no more than andy capp and your antics have got the missus riled up. Hide out in pub, let her vent to dishrag woman on other side of fence, back to sofa. Disappointment is normal, it is good, christian even.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

The classic Andy Capp, mind. Not the rubbish nowadays, written and drawn by the same cunts who used to do 'Horace" in the Daily Star, full of crap jokes.

Buelligan

You are telling us the whole story though, aren't you Fry (just trying to find some sanity here)?  Didn't forget to mention the bit about promising to meet her somewhere last night or doing the laundry and dishes because it's your turn or owt like that?