Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 12:50:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

In the doghouse.

Started by Fry, November 15, 2018, 01:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

Fantastic reconciliation sex in 3, 2...

Nowhere Man

Quote from: Pijlstaart on November 15, 2018, 09:05:56 AM
You are a regular andy capp. You are no more than andy capp and your antics have got the missus riled up. Hide out in pub, let her vent to dishrag woman on other side of fence, back to sofa. Disappointment is normal, it is good, christian even.

That awful Andy Capp consistently neglected his son Buster, never gave him the time of day. Even when Buster Comic finally folded in 2000 he wouldn't let his son be a part of his comic strip, the bastard.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Wouldn't it be ironic if 2000 AD Comic folded in Buster ?

Bazooka

Quote from: Urinal Cake on November 15, 2018, 05:12:55 AM
Beer and Soju?

Its the Korean way, seems to me your lover hates Koreans, its the only possible reason.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Buelligan on November 15, 2018, 07:31:24 AM
My instinctive reaction is to disagree with someone who feels it's normal and OK to be cross or disappointed with someone for drinking and smoking on their own time.  I think it's weird and controlling and none of their fucking bizzy (and a very bad indication of a person's character).  If their victim had a serious alcohol addiction or smoking related illness, I might have a tad more sympathy but even then, ultimately, indulging ones own emotions is hardly helping. 

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I should think again, maybe the problem is I believe it's better to live alone than live to the music of someone else's drum.  I don't know but instinctively I think something's wrong and it's not you, Fry.

It might be cynical of me, but popping round earlyish on someone's day off just before you go to work seems a bit like they might be trying to catch them out for something they can disapprove of.

Nowhere Man

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on November 15, 2018, 09:30:45 AM
Wouldn't it be ironic if 2000 AD Comic folded in Buster ?

It was a bit odd to merge Whizzer & Chips into Buster since the former's gimmick was that it was meant to be two comics in one, although the format was a bit flimsy to begin with, and most of the memorable characters (aka Bumpkin Billionares, Sweeney Toddler, Fuss Pot ect.) came from different comics like Whoopee and Knockout folding into them, I mean look at all the fucking mergers between different comics Fleetway had over the years, there was about a million of them!

All the Fleetway comics that merged in between Buster's first and last issues (1960 and 2000)

Radio Fun (25 February 1961) - which itself had merged with The Wonder.
Film Fun (15 September 1962) - which itself had merged with Picture Fun, Kinema Comic, Film Picture Stories, Illustrated Chips and Top Spot.
The Big One (27 February 1965)
Giggle (20 January 1968)
Jet (2 October 1971)
Cor!! (22 June 1974)
Monster Fun (6 November 1976)
Jackpot (30 January 1982)
School Fun (2 June 1984)
Nipper (1 September 1987)
Oink! (22 October 1988)
Whizzer and Chips (7 October 1990)

Besides 2000 AD all those other IP's are now dead and buried. How Buster Comic stuck around for so long is the real mystery.

Pingers

I'm disappointed in you for drinking soju, that shit is rank

buttgammon

Plain soju is clean-tasting but bland, but some of the flavoured ones are nice. I had a lovely grapefruit one once.

Soup

Yeah pal, you've definitely done nothing wrong. She sounds... intense.

Sebastian Cobb

The life of a repo man is always intense.

I can empathise with this.

My other half gets a bit pissy about me for getting really pissed and smoking a load of cigs. I don't think she's trying to control me, I think she just cares for me and worries about my health.

MoonDust

It sounds to me that, since she had time to kill before work, and knowing Fry was off work, she thought it would be nice to have a nice breakfast with her boyfriend.

But, upon seeing Fry hungover and sleeping in a bed of beer cans, her plans for a sweet breakfast were thwarted.

Fair enough, I can understand the feeling of disappointment in that. It's normal for anyone to think "I had this idea planned and now it's not happening the way I wanted. Ho hum."

But to be so upset and disappointed specifically at Fry seems a bit extreme. Like, there are other mornings for nice surprise breakfasts before work.

From her perspective this should be just a very slight and fleeting annoying at a little plan gone awry, and be left at that.

On the other hand maybe Fry's feeling of shame during the hangover has made this whole episode sound worse than it actually was when relayed on CaB, and that he isn't in the "dog house" at all and his girlfriend really did just take it as a slight disappointment she has since got over. I know I can certainly over think and exaggerate things in my own head, particularly when hungover and anxious.

Emma Raducanu

I sat down once on the sofa. Well cosy I was. I'd cracked open a bottle in the kitchen and was waiting for the head to subside. Feet up, I gazed at the sex filled golden nectar before me, when suddenly, my partner said 'you've drunk a lot of beer lately'. Put me right the fuck off, couldn't be arsed drinking it after that. Don't think she meant anything by it, certainly she's never given a fuck about my drinking and she's found me doing a poo on the bathroom floor after a night out.

I think what I'm trying to say is, don't let a girl come between you and a drink.