Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:29:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Newcastle (In March)

Started by Lost Oliver, November 15, 2018, 10:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lost Oliver

I'm planning a trip to Newcastle in March and I thought I'd ask the collective hive mind for places to go, stay and things to do.

It'll be a lads holiday but we're not typical lads and though we'll definitely end up getting mashed I'd like to do some nice things while I'm there.

So, where's good to look for an AirBnB, what museums / galleries are there and what pubs / clubs are decent?

Yours
LO

MoonDust

Been there once for what was supposed to be a job interview but I decided not to go after already booking my train.

If you like bridges there's lots of bridges and great photography opportunities with them.

MoonDust

Also how long are you staying? Because Durham is about 20 to 30 minutes train ride away from Newcastle and that's bloody lovely and all.

king_tubby

There was a big 'What to do in Newcastle' thread pretty recently (last couple of months?) which had lots of info.

pancreas

Boulevard. This is not a joke. It's an amazing night out.

Lost Oliver

Quote from: king_tubby on November 15, 2018, 10:58:19 AM
There was a big 'What to do in Newcastle' thread pretty recently (last couple of months?) which had lots of info.

Balls. I did the Google search to see if anything came up and could only see something from a couple years back. Will do some digging.

MD - there for a long weekend, Friday to Monday. Didn't even think about Durham.

king_tubby

BlodwynPig

Quote from: pancreas on November 15, 2018, 11:04:22 AM
Boulevard. This is not a joke. It's an amazing night out.

Something new?

ps. I thought you were a Geordie, Lost Oliver...getting mixed up with neveragain I think.

Lost Oliver

I support them but I'm probably what most would class as an armchair fan. Only ever been in the train station but I weirdly felt 'at home' when I was there. Totally overcome by something. Sadly my actual birth home doesn't come close to these feelings (Wigan).