Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:29:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Trying (and Failing) to Kill a Terminally Ill Man

Started by Blumf, November 15, 2018, 01:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

Kent!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-46181890
QuoteA wife plotted with her lover and his daughter to kill her terminally ill husband by poisoning him and shooting him in the face.

Ray Weatherall survived a number of attempts on his life, including a swimming pool heater explosion which left him with second degree burns

His wife Hayley Weatherall, 32, also planned to kill him using sleeping tablets and insulin.
Prosecutor Simon Taylor said there had been a series of plots on Mr Weatherall's life, including the swimming pool explosion and the poison plan.

The court heard there was an aborted plan by Glenn Pollard to push Mr Weatherall overboard during a fishing trip in a boat they co-owned.

On 29 November last year Mr Weatherall was shot in the face at Sandwich Marina, but survived when the bullet hit his right cheekbone.

Presumably they got their murder supplies from ACME Co.

I like how they started off all subtle and machiavellian before ending up just shooting him in the face.

Chollis

Ray, I know it's hard but you have to think about leaving her

MoonDust

Alberon

Utter Shit

That's a weird one. I mean...the tone of the piece implies that this wasn't a mercy killing but a murder. But the poor fucker was terminally ill, why didn't she just wait?

Brundle-Fly

tag > Rasputin enters thread with a knowing smile

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Utter Shit on November 15, 2018, 01:52:54 PM
That's a weird one. I mean...the tone of the piece implies that this wasn't a mercy killing but a murder. But the poor fucker was terminally ill, why didn't she just wait?

Money probably

Icehaven

biggytitbo

Is he still alive then?

If I was him I'd deliberately die on the day she gets sentenced just to piss her off.

Blumf

biggytitbo

im barry bethel

But the poor fucker was terminally ill, why didn't she just wait?

QuoteA wife plotted with her lover

Steve Buscemi and William H Macy have signed up for the film adaptation

Rich Uncle Skeleton

chveik

Replies From View

Bazooka

I feel bad, I did laugh at Swimming Pool Explosion.

Blumf

Sebastian Cobb

Icehaven

It's always great in cases like this when the police find things like ''how to get away with murder'' and ''how to kill someone and make it look like an accident'' in the defendant's Google search history, as if anyone who successfully got away with it would explain how they did it on the (regular) internet.

NoSleep

It's Kent.

It's not so daft when you think about it. Aren't all murder victims ultimately heading at various trajectories towards the grave?

im barry bethel

Quote from: Blumf on November 15, 2018, 11:08:48 PM
Indeed, the overall tale is laughably ridiculous, but the details are fucking grim:

Yeah once you get past the Ealing comedy attempts on his life it's miserable as hell

QuoteHeather Pollard, who calls herself Arthur

What!?

Bazooka

Yeah the reports seemed to have missed out the part where they dropped a piano on him and he looks dazed with piano keys for teeth.

samadriel

Quote from: Bazooka on November 16, 2018, 05:14:52 PM
Yeah the reports seemed to have missed out the part where they dropped a piano on him and he looks dazed with piano keys for teeth.

And the bit where they hit him with a big mallet, then a big red lump grew out of the top of his hair, while chirping birds and small coloured star shapes circled his head, while he sat, cross-eye, with a silly grin and his tongue sticking out.

mothman

Mister Six