Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:15:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

OFFICIAL DESOLATION QUEST 2018 "QUARTER" FINALS DRAW, NEWS and COMMENTS

Started by Spoon of Ploff, November 15, 2018, 05:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanktonSideburns

Looking forward - been a great seso.  Been loving all the messy drama

BlodwynPig

Spoon of Ploff

Hello Surviving Desolationauts!!

Another rule has been added. Rule number 7.

1. Each match will consist of two shots per player, except the final in which there are three shots per player.
2. Each round will have an opening theme supplied by the Administrator
3. There will be no limit on the word count of each shot, but each shot must contain one desolation only.
4. The player with the opening shot (i.e. the server) must link their desolation to the given theme for that round.  All subsequent shots can contain an element of the previous shot, or refer back to the given theme for that round.
5. Voting will take place by posting the name of your favourite in the game thread immediately after play has ended (i.e. when the 4th desolation of each match has been posted).  The voting will last for 48 hours.
6. Shots to be text only. No images or audio.
7. No death threats allowed.

And a reminder of time permitted:  You have 48 hours to post your desolation from when the round starts or from when the last shot has been posted. Keep a look out on your game for when your opponent posts their shot, as it's from that time that the 48 hours start. If you're feeling sporting, PM your opponent when you've played your shot.

No word limit is to allow everyone to play to their strengths, but keep in mind that a variety of shots may count in your favour come vote time (and lessen your opponent's ability to predict your play).

The theme word for this three match Quarter Final is: Milton Keynes cows Lock

The matches are arranged thusly:

Huxleys Babkins  v  drummersaredeaf

FerriswheelBueller v Gregory Torso

Noonling v Fishfinger

As ever (does it really need saying?) bolders go first.

Also. Least worst loser will join the victors in the Semi Finals. That means only two of you will be out this round. Imagine f*cking up those odds?

Good luck!!

S'Ploff

Ferris

Spoon of Ploff

Spoon of Ploff

Noonling

Well... I'm going to submit mine at the last possible minute because unlike OTHER losers I have BETTER things to DO with my TIME!

By which I mean eat 8 Nestle Blue Riband Coffee Cream wafers and scratching my arse. Itchy itchy arse.

Noonling

What's the longest deso anyone's written? If I make one that's 10,000 words long will anyone notice it's rubbish?

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: Noonling on November 17, 2018, 08:48:44 AM
What's the longest deso anyone's written? If I make one that's 10,000 words long will anyone notice it's rubbish?

I suspect most people won't read it, which may well hamper your chances of progressing to a semi.

PlanktonSideburns

PlanktonSideburns

A semi's chances of progressing into a hamper are nearly scuppered, but ultimately a picnic is ruined

Noonling

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on November 17, 2018, 08:55:04 AM
I suspect most people won't read it, which may well hamper your chances of progressing to a semi.

But maybe they won't admit to not reading it, and thus proclaim its the best thing ever?

Gregory Torso

zomgmouse wrote some very good, very long posts in last year's match and people got their arses out and said "not reading that mate"

PlanktonSideburns

Noonling

Quote from: Gregory Torso on November 17, 2018, 09:15:19 AM
zomgmouse wrote some very good, very long posts in last year's match and people got their arses out and said "not reading that mate"

Maybe it still wasn't long enough for their attitude to loop round back to voting for it again.

Gets into meta deso then dunnit. That someone would write that much for a weird forum depresso competition where you win fuck all apart from an empty feeling inside seems about as desolate as anything else tbh.

So yeah, go for it mate.

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: Foggy Buntwhistle on November 17, 2018, 10:24:59 AM
... a weird forum depresso competition where you win fuck all apart from an empty feeling inside...

Not true... the winner will get a customized trophy... well... a picture of one anyway.

Noonling

I didn't go with the long one in my head, which would have made you laugh and cry and bleed and spit all at the same time. Instead I went with one that's still long, but not long enough to be impressive.

PlanktonSideburns

Noonling

Gregory Torso

I wouldn't worry about that mate, no one seems to be following the theme words anyway.

Spoon of Ploff

the theme word rule has been bent quite badly at times, but not quite broken.
   that's my take on it anyway

i would hope that our sophisticated voters take this aspect of the game into consideration when they cast their votes. did the player incorporate the theme word into their desolation or not?

Ferris

I reckon creative reinterpretation of the theme word is major plus tbh

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on November 17, 2018, 05:22:11 PM
I reckon creative reinterpretation of the theme word is major plus tbh

Don't disagree as such... as long as it's not just ignored. I put my heart and soul into thinking these things up! Heart and bloody soul!!