Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:39:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I've watched all 5 seasons of The 100 ama

Started by Dex Sawash, November 15, 2018, 06:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex Sawash

except "why did you watch all 5 seasons of The 100?"

mothman

Dex Sawash

Sort a Skins/Lost in Space mashup from CW network

mothman

Oh. Teen drama. I wouldn't know anything about that sort of thing.

Gulftastic

It did mark a bit of a turning point in US TV's shameful history of killing off lesbians. It followed the trope to the letter and sparked a good backlash, proving to be the straw that broke the camel's back, to an extent. They've been more careful in the last couple of years. Although the show itself has never recovered from her death. She was wonderful.

DocDaneeka

Chollis

Small Man Big Horse

Ja'moke

Dex Sawash

Isnt Anything

Quote from: Dex Sawash on November 16, 2018, 05:12:28 PMPretty much at the beginning

You do know its been renewed for a sixth season, dont you ?

i only know this because Mrs Anything is a fan and i had to sit through this interminable pointlessly-violent faux-medieval-warring-tribes shite. Well only Season 5 as she had already watched the rest online thank god.

i didnt realise it was aimed at teens.

i will say that the closing 15 minutes of the last episode was rather more fascinating though and i guess makes your description a good one. it did seem like a suitable place to end it so i wonder if it was a surprise renewal.

Dex Sawash

I was super relieved at the final ep of season 2 thinking it was finally over. Then netflix pops up "series 3 episode one starting in 9, 8 , 7..."
Desolation.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Dex Sawash on November 16, 2018, 05:12:28 PM
There's the chubby one and the 99 hot ones.
Pretty much at the beginning

NO

How does it begin. And I want at least a 500 word essay, none of this "like it ends" business.

Also: Was it worth watching?

And are there any hot women who show their cleavage in it a lot?

And are there any hot men who show their arse cleavage in it a lot?

Dex Sawash

Begins 100 years after nuclear armageddon. Accidental refugees are caught on space station during the nuclear event. Systems are failing and supplies are low. To ease the strain, all criminal offenses are punished with death. Youtful offenders detained until 18 for reevaluation. 100 of these youth (sexiest ones presumably) are dropped back on earth just in case it is survivable. It is.

My goal was to see if machotrouts would own up to having watched and giving it a proper treatment. It isn't good but I have a hard time quitting watching a thing.

It has April from 90s TMNT film as the mother of lead young lady, plenty of cleavage from both. Everyone has the sort of tits-out shirts and really tight trousers you would expect to be normal in the future.

Isnt Anything

Quote from: Dex Sawash on November 17, 2018, 06:34:15 PM
Begins 100 years after nuclear armageddon. Accidental refugees are caught on space station during the nuclear event. Systems are failing and supplies are low. To ease the strain, all criminal offenses are punished with death. Youtful offenders detained until 18 for reevaluation. 100 of these youth (sexiest ones presumably) are dropped back on earth just in case it is survivable. It is.

Careful SMBH he is making it sound more interesting than it actually is.

Although maybe the earlier seasons are .... but S5 wasnt.

Alberon

I'm a science fiction nut and I've watched Primeval, Earth Final Conflict and even Robocop The Series.

But I haven't bothered with this one.

Dex Sawash

Piggyoioi

Quote from: Alberon on November 17, 2018, 08:01:11 PM
Earth Final Conflict

Holy shit, I spend 20 minutes last week trying to remember the name of that show. ta.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Alberon on November 17, 2018, 08:01:11 PM
Primeval,
I watched it for the hot government woman who the hero guy had a thing with. Lucy somebody or other.

Quote from: Alberon on November 17, 2018, 08:01:11 PMEarth Final Conflict
I've no idea why I watched this, though. It was occasionally interesting, I guess, up to the final season, when they completely changed everything about it and managed to make it even worse. I tapped out 5 episodes into that last season?

The 100, on the other hand, I rather enjoyed. Well, the first season, then I stopped watching it for some reason. Didn't it have rather a good record on LGBT+ issues later on?

Alberon

Earth Final Conflict wasn't actually that bad for the first season. Then the producers deliberately lobotomised it in an attempt to attract more viewers. I think they did the same with Gene Roddenberry's other post-mortum TV series Andromeda. Primeval I've virtually completely forgotten.

As to The 100 I haven't got to watch the previous season of The Expanse yet. I'm not going to complain about too much being on. I remember the dark days of the eighties when there were barely two SF series a year on (and one of those was Colin Baker crashing about in Doctor Who), but there is a lot else out there to be watched first.