Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:18:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Did Arthur Lowe and John Le Mesurier get on?

Started by Ian Drunken Smurf, November 15, 2018, 10:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Parsley Sidings is also on Fourble, a show Lowe and Ian Lavender did together.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Phil_A on November 16, 2018, 09:44:57 PM
Le Mes was a massive boozer to the point he was urged to quit for the good of his health, and it's that which caused his noticeably dramatic weight loss midway through Dad's Army. Sobriety made him very unhappy, so he eventually went back on the drink.

Also of some interest is the Hattie Jacques edition of This Is Your Life, filmed after John had found about her affair. Horrendously uncomfortable viewing.

It was his third wife, Joan, that had the affair with Hancock, although they did stay together.

The turning the face away response to a kiss from a former loved one is like a punch to the solar plexus.

A jolly neat trick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfvSMdcdIok

PlanktonSideburns

My wife's dad's neighbour is doing a one man play about Le mes at he moment

Ian Drunken Smurf

Thanks again worldsgreatestsinner for the ISOHAM links - that will make my commute for the next week and a bit a joy!

studpuppet

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on November 16, 2018, 10:11:40 PM
The turning the face away response to a kiss from a former loved one is like a punch to the solar plexus.

A jolly neat trick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfvSMdcdIok

Also not Lowe-related, but that BBC film 'Hattie' with Ruth Jones and Aiden Turner as JML is also worth a watch.

Ian Drunken Smurf

Thanks studpuppet for the tip off about "Hattie" will keep a look out for it. Seems like the kind of film that will make it to BBC entertainment before long.