Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:10:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Edinburgh CaB meet

Started by Blue Jam, November 17, 2018, 01:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Embra meet, aye?

1st of December
2 (40%)
8th of December
3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Blue Jam

Any Embra peeps up for a meet before Christmas? I'm thinking a Saturday, and The Dagda Bar. How does the 8th of December sound?

canadagoose

pancreas

Edimbre cab Meat 8 dezembro. For Ronalado, is possible.

Beagle 2

Ah that's a shame, that'll be the first weekend after I move back to England. Actually, that's way too convenient for it to be a coincidence. HAVE A NICE DAY YOU SHITS.

greencalx

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 17, 2018, 01:40:27 PM
Any Embra peeps up for a meet before Christmas? I'm thinking a Saturday, and The Dagda Bar. How does the 8th of December sound?

It's almost like you read my mind. There's a school fair that I want an excuse to miss that day. Will need to check we've nothing else planned.

Blue Jam

How about the 1st? I thought that might be a bit soon... Here, have a poll

Dagda Bar alright for everyone? I was thinking The Caley Picturehouse because it's cheap and it's the nicest 'spoons but 'spoons are evil and Brexity and The Dogda has good dogs as well as being nice and quiet on a Saturday and it's the best pub in Embra:

https://m.facebook.com/thedagdabar/

dr beat

Are folks still up for this? What time? Say about 2pm?

Lost Oliver

Sorry to hijack this thread but is there any other kind of meet happening over Christmas?

Norton Canes

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Lost Oliver on December 05, 2018, 12:45:31 PM
Sorry to hijack this thread but is there any other kind of meet happening over Christmas?

Sure there was a London one like the day before xmas eve or something

Neville Chamberlain

Edinburgh one not good enough for you, eh? Eh?!?

Eh?!?!?

pancreas

I'll have to see... is maybe possible. Depends on someone I'm working with.

Ferris

Technically a Toronto one last night. We're too cool to start threads about it though.

Lost Oliver

That's so cool. I'd love to go to Edinburgh - too much dosh to travel though.

I had a meet last night in my bed and it was lovely.

Ferris

Quote from: Lost Oliver on December 05, 2018, 10:55:52 PM
That's so cool. I'd love to go to Edinburgh - too much dosh to travel though.

It is my favourite city in the world, and I am eternally jealous of anyone who gets to live there. I managed 2 years before the shit job market (and Canadian wife) forced me out of the place.

Still try and go back once a year if I can. We got married in Lothian Chambers so I have some of those photos on the table next to me, which is nice. Nice shot of Edinburgh, all old and craggy. Nice.

greencalx

Eeek. My social diary has become quite busy just now... I have another engagement in the evening, and it would be a good idea not to be too 'pre-loaded' for that. Also my family may be getting to the point where they no longer recognise me.

I will try and drop by for an hour or so though, if this is still ON.

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on December 06, 2018, 02:22:55 AM
It is my favourite city in the world, and I am eternally jealous of anyone who gets to live there. I managed 2 years before the shit job market (and Canadian wife) forced me out of the place.

Still try and go back once a year if I can. We got married in Lothian Chambers so I have some of those photos on the table next to me, which is nice. Nice shot of Edinburgh, all old and craggy. Nice.

Just out of interest what is it about Edinburgh which makes it stand out from the crowd for you?  I hear a lot of people say they love it.

canadagoose

I'm still hoping I can make it. I may be a little late as I've got something on tomorrow night, but it'd be nice to be there for a short while at least.

Blue Jam

Sorry, but I'm thinking it might now be best to postpone this to some time when people will actually be able to make it for a decent length of time and can relax without worrying about having to dash off.

None of you Scotland-dwellers are doing Dry January, I hope?

canadagoose

Quote from: Blue Jam on December 06, 2018, 04:29:06 PM
Sorry, but I'm thinking it might now be best to postpone this to some time when people will actually be able to make it for a decent length of time and can relax without worrying about having to dash off.

None of you Scotland-dwellers are doing Dry January, I hope?
Sounds like a thought. Rescheduling, not Dry January, obviously.

Ferris

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on December 06, 2018, 02:11:41 PM
Just out of interest what is it about Edinburgh which makes it stand out from the crowd for you?  I hear a lot of people say they love it.

The whole place is walkable, friendly, beautiful, affordable, but it still has a bit of edge to it. Big enough to feel big, small enough to feel knowable. Near the Pentlands for hiking, fun stuff to do all over the city, lots of hidden places and little corners that I only I know. I'm also a sucker for the accent and the fact that it is socially semi-acceptable to cut about with a tin of special brew at 11am.

It's a remarkable, magical place. I don't know why everyone hasn't moved there already.

It has its problems (the preservation of the New Town almost feels like mummification, and those fucking shit tartan shops can get to fuck), but it's where I'd like to live if I could wangle it. Don't tell Toronto!

Sorry, I don't mean to derail the thread. I am living vicariously through you all.

thanks for that.  And sorry for the thread Hijack.  I'm planning on moving up there soon.

Ferris

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on December 06, 2018, 10:28:08 PM
thanks for that.  And sorry for the thread Hijack.  I'm planning on moving up there soon.

You jammy lemony bastard. Make the most of it!

popcorn

First time I went to Edinburgh I stepped off the bus and said "wow".

canadagoose

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on December 06, 2018, 10:28:08 PM
Please don't vote Tory when you're up here. That's all I ask! (I technically live in East Lothian, but it's true here too...)

Quote from: popcorn on December 06, 2018, 11:13:26 PM
First time I went to Edinburgh I stepped off the bus and said "wow".
Was it the Pot Noodle smell?

Quote from: canadagoose on December 06, 2018, 11:13:44 PM
Please don't vote Tory when you're up here. That's all I ask! (I technically live in East Lothian, but it's true here too...)
Was it the Pot Noodle smell?

No chance.  I voted Lib Dem last time due to the strength of the candidate, and to kick out the incumbent tory :-)

canadagoose

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on December 06, 2018, 11:33:18 PM
No chance.  I voted Lib Dem last time due to the strength of the candidate, and to kick out the incumbent tory :-)
Thank God for that. If you do move up here, Edinburgh West is a good shout, as it's critical Lib Dem/Tory territory. I'm not Christine Jardine's biggest fan, but she's better than that arsehole Miles Briggs.

greencalx

canadagoose

I am currently in departures at Edinburgh airport with an hour to kill due to a late plane. How soon can you all make it here?