Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:30:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Extinction Rebellion

Started by MoonDust, November 17, 2018, 10:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

garbed_attic

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on October 03, 2019, 04:23:54 PM
Bit like ISIS then.

In those terms, yes - but one could also say the same of Quakers. Should Middlebury Student Quakers be held responsible for (and ideologically identical with) the actions and views of Liverpool Quakers, say?

Zetetic

Or the Anglican Communion, if you like.

(Quakers have ejected people for being sufficiently embarrassing of course, and this is possibly part of their reason for survival.)

Zetetic

Actually, just consider how cunty Fox was towards Nayler.

Sebastian Cobb

They've all done an action by the time I've...

Buelligan

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 03, 2019, 01:57:09 PM
god they're crossing the line for me now from "important radical movement at a critical moment in world history" into "a load of silly, annoying hippies who cant hold on to a hose properly"

Come on now.  Can only strong heroic types be permitted to protest? 

If this problem is real, who gives a fuck about who protests?  I hope everyone does with whatever they have.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Buelligan on October 03, 2019, 04:53:13 PM
Come on now.  Can only strong heroic types be permitted to protest? 

If this problem is real, who gives a fuck about who protests?  I hope everyone does with whatever they have.

well its more the O P T I C S of driving a old presumably decommissioned diesel vehicle into the congestion zone, and then making a huge fucking mess with it that I have issue with, rather than their HHAHAHA WEAK QUORN-FED SMELLY BODIES

Sebastian Cobb

The detectives on reddit reckon it was untaxed. Naughty.

Norton Canes

idunnosomename

yeah piece of piss to look that up

QuoteVehicle details
Vehicle make:DENNIS
Date of first registration:March 1998
Year of manufacture:1998
Cylinder capacity (cc):8300 cc
CO₂Emissions:Not available
Fuel type:DIESEL
Euro Status:Not available
Real Driving Emissions (RDE):Not available
Export marker:No
Vehicle status:Not taxed
Vehicle colour:RED
Vehicle type approval:Not available
Wheelplan:2-AXLE-RIGID BODY
Revenue weight:Not available

Sebastian Cobb

It's nice and refreshing that somone can just buy a big ambulance and drive it untaxed through the congestion zone and spray a big important building with an unknown liquid. I  assume the authorities must value their moles cover.

NJ Uncut

They don't half email me too much

chveik

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 03, 2019, 05:59:03 PM
It's nice and refreshing that somone can just buy a big ambulance and drive it untaxed through the congestion zone and spray a big important building with an unknown liquid. I  assume the authorities must value their moles cover.

greenpeace activists have been entering nuclear plant sites with no trouble at all for years, to show how unprotected they are. the authorities are thick as pigshit and frankly you have to be thankful that real terrorists don't seem to be interested in targeting these.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: chveik on October 03, 2019, 07:06:35 PM
greenpeace activists have been entering nuclear plant sites with no trouble at all for years, to show how unprotected they are. the authorities are thick as pigshit and frankly you have to be thankful that real terrorists don't seem to be interested in targeting these.

Dunno if you've read Ceefax lately, but there might be one or two moles in greenpeace mate

Buelligan

chveik

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 03, 2019, 10:18:26 PM
Dunno if you've read Ceefax lately, but there might be one or two moles in greenpeace mate

cheers you patronizing cunt

Buelligan

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 03, 2019, 05:59:03 PM

I think that was the (a) point being made about XR being very disparate groups of sympathic cells, rather than one cohesive organism.  Impossible to infiltrate something like that in any useful way really.

gib

london is boring without disruptions, not saying this was genius but all the best london things were disruptions when you think about it

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

7/7 bombings certainly added a touch of spontaneity to the humdrum daily London grind.

gib

please stop posting things that make it look like i didn't think this through

NJ Uncut

I'm going to go to a XR meet and ask if anyone wants a pint courtesy of my wages at Big Oil

NJ Uncut

They emailed me this

To get me to go along.

NJ Uncut

idunnosomename

Looks like you might pull there

bgmnts

Knife crime is a huge deal in London apparently but not so huge that they cant still afford to dedicate this much police time and energy to environmental protesters.

What a world.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: bgmnts on October 05, 2019, 04:01:39 PM
Knife crime is a huge deal in London apparently but not so huge that they cant still afford to dedicate this much police time and energy to environmental protesters.

What a world.

It's almost as if curbing capitalistic consumption and pollution is considered a bigger threat to the establishment than inner-city poors shanking each other.

NJ Uncut

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 05, 2019, 04:18:48 PM
coppers are cunts

Well yeah

Are XR?

I've vastly, almost satirically reduced the size of this I cropped from my email