Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:57:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What’s the lowest bar you have ever set yourself?

Started by Replies From View, November 19, 2018, 07:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

This weekend I don't think I did anything at all except cut my toenails and put my weekly rubbish out.  Yet I felt a good sense of "job done" with those.  In particular I always leave my toenails for ages between each cut, to the extent that they are a physically annoying extension of my feet, upsetting my relationship to my bedding and so on.  So I was very pleased to have achieved that.

Pretty fucking low bar of expectation for myself there, considering all the emails I needed to send and all the cleaning and tidying I could also do with completing.

Fuck it though, eh?  Fuck all of that for a lark.

What's the lowest bar you've ever set for yourself?  Or consistently set?

bgmnts

Go to work today and refrain from masturbating in the toilet.

The idea of leaving my room during the weekend sounds self-actualising as fuck!

biggytitbo

I refilled my turmeric dispencer, so quite an eventful one by my usual standards.

Buelligan

Try to get through the days without attacking anyone.  I've achieved moderate success in recent days.

finnquark

Being able to answer a question that Mark Francois could not.

checkoutgirl

I once played PlayStation 1 for two weeks straight. I'm sure I must have eaten and sleepen in those 14 days but the bar was pretty low for that particular period of my life in the late nineties.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: checkoutgirl on November 19, 2018, 08:30:52 AM
I once played PlayStation 1 for two weeks straight. I'm sure I must have eaten and sleepen in those 14 days but the bar was pretty low for that particular period of my life in the late nineties.

Actually around the same period, late nineties or early 2000s, I didn't eat for 4 days. By the fourth day the bar had fallen to "eat something while you still have the energy to get to food".

That's a pretty low bar.

thraxx

My mate and I once played Championship Manager 97/98 for 6 weeks solid.  Starting a new game, by the end of week 1 he had dragged his bed round to my top floor room in university digs and we installed ourselves next to my computer which was for university work, not games honest Dad.  We had stopped going to lectures.  By the end of week 2 we had no food or clean clothes left as we had stopped leaving the house.  Curtains closed and lights off we lay curled up in our respective beds, in our pants, me Everton and my mate Liverpool.  At the end of week 3 as my house mates had lost their rag with us calling out to them to bring toast or tea.  We slept during the off season updates now.  Next we would argue about which one of us had to go down stairs to steal food in the small hours, my housemates openly angry at not just this, but who was this person hanging round in my foul smelling room in just his pants.  After 6 weeks the computer basically just died, but we didn't cry.  We just looked at each other relieved that we could now get on with our lives, he dragged his bed away and I reinstalled the computer and started by a new Championship Manager game in charge of Torquay United.

Quote from: bgmnts on November 19, 2018, 07:10:27 AM
Go to work today and refrain from masturbating in the toilet.

The idea of leaving my room during the weekend sounds self-actualising as fuck!

Time for an OkCupid update.

New Jack

momatt

My next girlfriend should not be fucking horrible to me, not mental, nor an alcoholic.

Small Man Big Horse

Once did the limbo when the bar was five and a half feet off the floor, barely had to even bend my knees. And this sounds like a cheeky play on the title, but is absolutely true.

bgmnts

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on November 19, 2018, 09:26:54 AM

I'm chatting to 4 or 5 different ladies around the wlrld atm so no real okc updates sorry!

New Jack

Quote from: bgmnts on November 19, 2018, 10:42:33 AM
I'm "chatting" to 4 or 5 different "ladies" "around the wlrld" atm so no "real" okc updates "sorry"!

this post is my lowest, most meagre effort in a while, but give me credit - I committed myself and went through with it

Shame about the pissy bed though

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: momatt on November 19, 2018, 10:13:32 AM
My next girlfriend should not be fucking horrible to me, not mental, nor an alcoholic.

batwings

Buelligan

Quote from: momatt on November 19, 2018, 10:13:32 AM

That's me ruled out then.  Thanks, you fuck.

I was going to say my bar was set at going out with momatt.  But you've managed to fuck even that.  Thank you.

momatt

Quote from: Buelligan on November 19, 2018, 11:47:09 AM
I was going to say my bar was set at going out with momatt.

I think you've won the lowest bar competition.
:'(

Quote from: batwings on November 19, 2018, 11:12:25 AM
Piss in the sink rather than a milk bottle.
A while back I was talking to a (now dry) alcoholic- he was telling me about his lowest period which amongst other things involved him mainly lying in bed, drunk, and urinating into cider bottles. Because he'd be either drunk or hungover there was a lot of pissy mess. Until one day he took a good look at himself and decided he needed to do something to turn his life around... "So I went out and bought a funnel."

Norton Canes

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on November 19, 2018, 10:42:33 AM
I'm chatting to 4 or 5 different ladies around the wlrld atm so no real okc updates sorry!

christ.

...also my lowest bar, incidentally. I am now Christ.

Norton Canes

Chollis

I often feel a keen sense of accomplishment if I shower at the weekend when I know I'm not going out.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Tried to get through this morning without saying that anyone should be gassed.

Succeeded but have in the last hour suggested a subsection of society should be gassed. Back to square one

Chollis

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 19, 2018, 01:08:49 PM
Succeeded but have in the last hour suggested a subsection of society should be gassed. Back to square one

The elderly, I hope?

Utter Shit

At the peak of my problems with anxiety over the years, I have often seen other animals - dogs, cats, squirrels most commonly - and found myself weirdly, acutely jealous of their lives for a moment, a "you don't have to put up with this bollocks, do you" sort of thing. I suppose technically that isn't one for this thread, as at those times I'm  momentarily wishing myself to be less advanced than those animals, rather than setting their intelligence level as the bar for myself.

New Jack

I have willed myself to simply wake up after my next sleep, which is both bleak and practically subterranean a bar

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: New Jack on November 19, 2018, 01:49:59 PM
I have willed myself to simply wake up after my next sleep, which is both bleak and practically subterranean a bar

Not quite 'on thread' but I think I once wrote a list of things to do which included writing a more comprehensive list of things to do and when to do them. I later concluded that this level of micro managing my day was too counter productive.