Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:09:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What’s the lowest bar you have ever set yourself?

Started by Replies From View, November 19, 2018, 07:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

I once made a todo list that basically amounted to getting groceries and having a haircut. I don't think I even had the haircut.

Buelligan

Grooming and eating?  Even considering the possibility puts you right up there with the winners, do not doubt it.

bgmnts

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 19, 2018, 01:59:32 PM
I once made a todo list that basically amounted to getting groceries and having a haircut. I don't think I even had the haircut.

That's legit a productive day.

Endicott

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on November 19, 2018, 01:54:35 PM
Not quite 'on thread' but I think I once wrote a list of things to do which included writing a more comprehensive list of things to do and when to do them. I later concluded that this level of micro managing my day was too counter productive.

So, some level of counter productiveness is acceptable?

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: Endicott on November 19, 2018, 02:19:53 PM
So, some level of counter productiveness is acceptable?

That would reflect the level to which I have sunk.

Buelligan

Very wise, for, surely, no counterproductiveness would allow some productiveness to creep in and then where would we be?

Dex Sawash

Pingers

I once made it my solemn duty to knock 100th of a second off my mate's best time on the original Wipeout. Come to think of it, that's not too low a bar; it took me a whole sick day and although I can't quite remember I probably had to keep the weed consumption down and snack breaks would have been limited. I think we can agree that such self-sacrifice in furtherance of a noble cause is quite humbling.

pancreas

A failure of a bottom C# in a piece by Chesnokov.

oh how very hilarious am i

machotrouts

Some days, my bar is posting on Cook'd and Bomb'd.

It's okay, Tom. All the things you actually had to do, you didn't do any of those, but you did a post on a forum. That's technically a creative endeavour. You fleetingly reminded the world outside your room that you exist. You did something today. Go to bed now.

The bar for a mousetrap.  Only about a centimetre from the ground, and I set it all by myself.

Replies From View

Quote from: Pingers on November 19, 2018, 05:18:54 PM
I once made it my solemn duty to knock 100th of a second off my mate's best time on the original Wipeout. Come to think of it, that's not too low a bar; it took me a whole sick day and although I can't quite remember I probably had to keep the weed consumption down and snack breaks would have been limited. I think we can agree that such self-sacrifice in furtherance of a noble cause is quite humbling.

An entire day isn't a good time for that game at all.  Your mate must have been rubbish.

Pingers

No, by this point we'd got so good at it, knew the best way to take every corner, that it was rapidly diminishing returns. If I remember right, the time I set that day stood as the best one in our house, it may not have been possible to do it any quicker. First and last time I achieved perfection in life.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: New Jack on November 19, 2018, 01:49:59 PM
I have willed myself to simply wake up after my next sleep

That's impossible, you haven't had your next sleep yet.

MuteBanana

Getting out of bed. Being happy. I don't think there is a bar anymore. My aim is to not go mad and kill myself.

hedgehog90

When I was growing up my only ambition in life was to not be caught wanking by my parents.

To be honest, it still is.

Oliver Mardy

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 19, 2018, 01:08:49 PM
Tried to get through this morning without saying that anyone should be gassed.

Succeeded but have in the last hour suggested a subsection of society should be gassed.

Nice one. Was it Jews, poofs, or Hungarians?

hedgehog90

Quote from: Oliver Mardy on December 09, 2018, 09:58:46 PM
Nice one. Was it Jews, poofs, or Hungarians?

Ironically he was going on about gay Jewish Hungarian poet, György Faludy.

Oliver Mardy

Quote from: hedgehog90 on December 09, 2018, 10:20:52 PM
Ironically he was going on about gay Jewish Hungarian poet, György Faludy.

Psft, typical. I've yet to meet a gay Hunagrian Jew who wasn't a poet.