Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:50:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Anyone watching the chess?

Started by Depressed Beyond Tables, November 19, 2018, 06:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Depressed Beyond Tables

0 replies

No.1 vs No 2 is currently a draw-fest, which is not exactly a good advertisement for the game. Live commentary on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/chessnetwork

Computer AI chess tournament will probably be the logial next step.

Suky

I will be now. Thanks.

Although I'm likely to get more out of Buster Scruggs. Which is just incredible.

Depressed Beyond Tables

That's 8 draws in a row. Ireland at Italia '90 basically.

sevendaughters

Yes, I am. Carlsen got really lucky yesterday. I think Carlsen will take it in the play-off, Caruana needs to start attacking and throwing out some kind of novelty, but I think he's not programmed to play off-book as well as Carlsen.

It's amazing chess is experiencing a renaissance because of the internet, but also it feels like a sport that technology has essentially suffocated at the highest level. It's not the romance of the post-war to Karpov era, is it? There'll never be a Mikhail Tal or Bobby Fischer dancing their pieces around in a counter-intuitive manner again.

Depressed Beyond Tables

After 12 straight draws it's tiebreaker time (shorter games).

https://www.twitch.tv/chessnetwork

Depressed Beyond Tables

sevendaughters

first blut to Carlsen, think that should seal it!

Cuellar

Golly. My grasp of chess is limited, but that all seemed to collapse for white in an instant.

Depressed Beyond Tables

That pretty much knees it in the stomach for another 2 years. See you then.

sevendaughters

Kind of a disappointing end, but high end classical chess is just about not making errors these days.