Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:22:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Netflix Originals

Started by bgmnts, November 20, 2018, 07:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

I must admit I havent really watched anything on Netflix for a good while but it seems that the amount of original content has absolutely exploded in the past year or so.

I watched 1922 last night, I thought Thomas Jane was really good in it and it was creepy anc disturbing as you'd expect from a Stephen King adaptation. It reminded me quite a bit of There Will Be Blood for some reason.

Anyone got any recommendations?

holyzombiejesus

I started watching the second series of The Sinner last night. It seems ok although I haven't seen the first series so may be missing out on stuff.  I read something saying that the star of the first series wasn't going to be in this one so presume it's safe to watch as a stand alone.

backdrifter

In descending order of quality:
Bojack Horseman
Big Mouth
American Vandal
House of Cards

Bazooka

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on November 20, 2018, 10:28:25 AM
I started watching the second series of The Sinner last night. It seems ok although I haven't seen the first series so may be missing out on stuff.  I read something saying that the star of the first series wasn't going to be in this one so presume it's safe to watch as a stand alone.

In what world does that show need a second series?

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: backdrifter on November 29, 2018, 01:48:22 AM
In descending order of quality:
Bojack Horseman
Big Mouth
American Vandal
House of Cards

I watched the first episode of Big Mouth and thought it was okay but had no urge to watch any more, does it improve as it goes along?

And my personal list would be:

Bojack Horseman
Lady Dynamite
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
American Vandal Season 1
Glow
Jessica Jones Season 1
Arrested Development (sure some episodes were dodgy, but some were still great)
Stranger Things
Mystery Science Theatre 3000
Wet Hot American Summer (fantastic at times but the odd weak episode sees it take a lower slot)
Santa Clarita Diet Season 2
Daredevil Season 1
Narcos Season 1
With Bob and David (frustratingly uneven, and it's best it was lovely stuff but some of it was surprisingly dodgy)
Orange Is The New Black Season 1
American Vandal Season 2
Lost In Space (patchy but a guilty pleasure)
Everything Sucks
Narcos Season 2
Santa Clarita Diet Season 1
The OA

There's still a good few shows I've only seen part of, or not any of, that I plan to catch at some point too.

steveh

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on November 20, 2018, 10:28:25 AM

All it really shares is Bill Pullman and some very minor references back. I liked the second one, which while a more straightforward procedural has its share of twists and some strong performances, particularly from Carrie Coon.

Consignia

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on November 29, 2018, 11:26:11 AM
I watched the first episode of Big Mouth and thought it was okay but had no urge to watch any more, does it improve as it goes along?

Yep. I think the first couple of episodes are a bit weak, but I think it rapidly finds its feet. I watched the series blind and loved it by the end. It has dull notes here and there, such as with the second series obsession with a certain character. But by and large, it provides the laughs. Just fast forward though the awful musical numbers.