Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:25:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Smash Bros Ultimate

Started by The Boston Crab, November 20, 2018, 08:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelvin

QuoteThat crocodile cunt is a cunt.

Ha! The second I saw Madhair playing K.Rool, I thought "Of course he does, it's Madhair". Classic Madhair.

colacentral

I asked for this for Christmas (I like to keep Christmas day exciting - can't just buy myself everything I want) so annoyingly I have to wait until then for it, otherwise I'd love to get involved in a session. I'm a Pikachu man.

Mighty Atom

I'd love to join in too. I've still got a lot to learn, and I'm still making very basic errors, but it sounds like a blast.

My special move is forgetting the controls when things get hectic.

madhair60

K.Rool is great. His edge game is fit; the neutral B double tap is so punishing that I'd be amazed if it didn't get nerfed somehow.

Twed

Oh FFS now there are buttons you have to press TWICE in this?

Oh shit yeah Little Mac. The fucking BOY. I reckon I'm going to put some time in to learn him, love his speedy smash attacks, finding them very effective.

Kelvin

World of Light is a real mixed bag, isn't it? It's never actually good, but it's passably fun while listening to podcasts and just mindlessly grinding through it. I might actually think it was okay, if it wasn't so stupidly long. Make it 10 hours (at most), make it more dependent on using the right team, and throw in a few fun minigames and events that aren't fights.

kittens

is world of light subspace emissary? loved that. if it's that i'll buy this for my friend's switch

madhair60

kittens

Mighty Atom

Disappointed with the very meagre amount of FF content. Any chance of a truckload turning up as DLC?

madhair60

Fur Fighters is a very obscure game, I'm surprised it was acknowledged at all.

DocDaneeka

Quote from: Kelvin on December 12, 2018, 10:40:11 PM
World of Light is a real mixed bag, isn't it? It's never actually good, but it's passably fun while listening to podcasts and just mindlessly grinding through it. I might actually think it was okay, if it wasn't so stupidly long. Make it 10 hours (at most), make it more dependent on using the right team, and throw in a few fun minigames and events that aren't fights.

I love it, I hope it lasts for ages. I do miss target smash and the homerun derby though.

I've been enjoying the single player stuff a lot, I have no doubt I'd be creamed online but it's been fun. Don't think I've "mastered" any of the characters, tend to stick to Captain Falcon and Link as I'm used to them.

Kelvin

Quote from: Mighty Atom on December 13, 2018, 02:05:45 PM
Disappointed with the very meagre amount of FF content. Any chance of a truckload turning up as DLC?

Considering how much content there is for other 3rd parties like capcom and konami, I have to assume it's Square being extremely stingy (or expensive), in which case, probably not.

Dunno whether anyone is around this evening for some Smash? I'm back home after a mad week and ready to fall off some edges. I can make it from 7pm and probably will be switching off around 9pm because I'll be knackered.

Kelvin

I'm also free for some smash, although earlier the better for me. I have plans at 9.

OK good stuff. I'll see how I'm getting on later, may be around from 6 if I can get stuff done.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

I can be on once I've put the baby to bed. Probably about seven but will try to engineer things so it's a little earlier...

Kelvin

Fucking hell! There's a late game, non avoidable fight against Bayonetta that is absolutely ludicrous. About half way through you instantly lose most of your health as a result of her spirit. Took me ages and loads of experimentation with my spirit setup to win.

Not a complaint as such, but fuck me, it was annoying

I've finally unlocked everyone, putting a bit of time in with Ken, one of the last I unlocked! He's a bit shit...

Mango Chimes

Quote from: Kelvin on December 13, 2018, 05:20:01 PM
Considering how much content there is for other 3rd parties like capcom and konami, I have to assume it's Square being extremely stingy (or expensive), in which case, probably not.

Square are going to release a hundred Final Fantasy games on the Switch in the new year, so they might be saving some for cross promotion.

Consignia

It's possible that Square just want to the Final Fantasy beat'em up thing limited to Dissidia, and only approved the minimum obliged for Smash Bros.

To be fair though, I'd rather the game had fewer 3rd party ones in it. I'm here for Nintendo characters beating the shit out of each other. Putting the likes of Snake and Bayonetta in feels like it's diluting the focus. It also makes it look a bit more like that shitty Playstation cross-over smash-clone.

Fuckin hell my wife's plans are cancelled so my night of ecstasy with you guys is also scuppered. Sorry.

Thursday

Quote from: The Boston Crab on December 15, 2018, 05:07:21 PM
Fuckin hell my wife's plans are cancelled so my night of ecstasy with you guys is also scuppered. Sorry.

Just play anyway, and if she tries to talk to you, ignore her.

Thursday

Quote from: Thursday on December 15, 2018, 05:12:36 PM
Just play anyway, and if she tries to talk to you, ignore her.

Do you think it's funny to joke about this you fucking misogynist?

Kelvin

Right, I'll set a match up starting at 7, maybe have items on this time, to level the playing field? I might change rules after  15 or 20 mins anyway.

I'm going to disappear at some point when my takeaway is delivered

Quote from: Eight Taiwanese Teenagers on December 15, 2018, 07:16:27 PM
I'm going to disappear at some point when my takeaway is delivered

It is time