Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:43:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Smash Bros Ultimate

Started by The Boston Crab, November 20, 2018, 08:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fry

Just got to work. Made up some bullshit reason to leave early afternoon so I can nip into town and get it. I'm very excited.

madhair60

madhair60

Kelvin

IT'S WORKING!

I'm playing a new smash, motherfuckas

brat-sampson

Haha, wow, first dlc character to be Persona 5's Joker.

Fighter pass earning itself already.

I only just learned there's a button for jump in Smash. I always thought you had to jump with the left stick which is why I've always found it so shit. Turns out I am the one that is so shit.

Ever tried double jumping with the stick? Feels like you're having a stroke

Fry

madhair60

Quote from: brat-sampson on December 07, 2018, 06:08:17 AM
Haha, wow, first dlc character to be Persona 5's Joker.

Fighter pass earning itself already.

Genuinely wretched shit. Anything would have been better than this. Anything.

Thursday

What even the character from Persona 3?

Kelvin

Quote from: madhair60 on December 07, 2018, 09:01:44 AM

It's cool just for the precedent it sets. At a point where everyone had basically assumed we'd be getting a bunch of generic nintendo goons, post piranha plant, it's a complete 180 to then find out we're getting a charachter from a violent, stylised PlayStation exclusive. I love that they can still surprise the fans even after all these years of guessing charachters.

Timothy

Quote from: madhair60 on December 07, 2018, 09:01:44 AM

No. Best choice ever imo. Joker is great. Probably awesome moveset.

Fry

Its early doors I know, but who's your main?

Im a Donkey Kong man. My girlfriend and I have been doing co-op online with me as the big DK and her as Zelda, I'm controlling zones and shes picking people off. It's been quite effective. Very fun little duo to play. We've only unlocked a handful of characters so far though.

Twed

Quote from: Fry on December 07, 2018, 02:14:17 PM
Im a Donkey Kong man.
Donkey Kong's actual name is "Daddy", please refer to him as such.

Twed

Quote from: Fry on December 07, 2018, 02:14:17 PMMy girlfriend and I have been doing co-op online with me as the big DK and her as Zelda
Absolute filthy perverts.

Thursday

Quote from: Timothy on December 07, 2018, 02:03:24 PM
No. Best choice ever imo. Joker is great. Probably awesome moveset.

Madhair just hates Persona for being in the category of anime aimed at perverts wanting to wank over high school girls. Which is only half-true.

Oh and the weird homophobia too.

brat-sampson

In the original, I was a Kirby guy, then in melee I dabbled in Pikachu but was mostly Link, after feeling like Kirbster's down special had been nerfed.

Here playing World of Light I've been mostly Kirby and recently Captain Falcon, who I've always liked the power of. The Falcon Punch voice clip isn't as good as it used to be though, so points docked there.

Don't know where to start with the weird ones like Villager or random Pokémon, so might not get to trying them for some time.

I just use Kirby and home run the fuck out of them til it says VICTORY

madhair60

Quote from: Thursday on December 07, 2018, 03:13:20 PM
Madhair just hates Persona for being in the category of anime aimed at perverts wanting to wank over high school girls. Which is only half-true.

Oh and the weird homophobia too.

It's mostly the homophobia (which, quite tellingly, gets a borderline free pass from normally "woke" gamers, who never raise it as an example)

Thursday

I don't know... the two predatory gay characters in Persona 5 were horrendous and people did criticise that.

Kanji in Persona 4 was a more complicated issue, people praise it for even addressing such issues, (and it was from 2008 where any such acknowledgement of sexuality seemed entirely new for games) but it's weird, to me it seemed to be very non-committal on what it was saying exactly about his sexuality, but people act like it was being very progressive and tolerant, which seems at odds with what actually happens.

I'm probably forgetting something.

Kelvin

If you haven't upped the base and dropped the sfx and voices, you fucked it up guys. This soundtrack is all time great. Final Destination, Vega's remix and the main menu theme alone make every other song in gaming look like amateur hour for babies.

madhair60

Quote from: Kelvin on December 07, 2018, 05:07:27 PM
If you haven't upped the base and dropped the sfx and voices, you fucked it up guys. This soundtrack is all time great. Final Destination, Vega's remix and the main menu theme alone make every other song in gaming look like amateur hour for babies.

Not quite.

popcorn

This is actually great. Had a whole hour of howling with laughter and raging with my best mate. Genuinely not had that much fun for months

Twed

Quote from: Twed on December 06, 2018, 03:43:23 PM
I will probably mainly play this single player
Immediately ended up playing this with a group of eight people in four player teams.

brat-sampson

Played world of light in portable mode for a couple of hours in my downtime today, then played for like 2-3 hours with bratette, who generally has zero interest in games but is happy to smash buttons and won us access to young Link.

Probably the most straight up Fun game of the year. I can accept it might lose some impact for veterans of the Wii U version, but this is basically phenomenal.

Timothy

Quote from: madhair60 on December 07, 2018, 03:48:15 PM
It's mostly the homophobia (which, quite tellingly, gets a borderline free pass from normally "woke" gamers, who never raise it as an example)

What homophobia? That Joker couldnt romance male characters? Or was there other stuff? Cant remember tbh.

Was my goty last year because the whole palaces idea is really cool imo. Jokers moveset will be ace.

There was a side mission where they said gays can't drive

Kelvin

We don't. That's not homophobic. It's gay facts