Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:35:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Words your partner doesn’t know

Started by Twit 2, November 20, 2018, 06:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

studpuppet

Quote from: Queneau on November 20, 2018, 07:26:41 PM
My ex used to pronounce "rant" in a way that rhymed with "can't" (as in rarnt). It used to annoy me a bit but now I'd love to hear it.

Desolation thread is that way, mate.

Queneau

Queneau

Quote from: im barry bethel on November 21, 2018, 08:06:20 AM
How would I know? Why should I care?

Is this also a lyric? I only knew enough to make the previous joke.

Brundle-Fly

Somebody pronounced 'hyperbole' as  ''hyper- bowl' the other day on 6Music and wasn't corrected by the presenter. It wasn't my partner though.

owlboy

Twit 2

Psmith

A girlfriend ,once  upon a time,boasted that she had received a very fancy box of talcum powder from a friend in France.I had to break the news ,not that gently,that Fromage was cheese.

Norton Canes

poodlefaker

Quote from: Brian Freeze on November 21, 2018, 12:46:46 AM
An old girlfriend thought twat translated exactly as idiot and used it quite freely the first time she met my mum and dad.
Robert Browning thought it meant a nun's headdress and used it in a poem. Imagine his embarrassment.

Twit 2

Wasn't worth starting a new thread for this, so I'll lump it in here: I asked an assistant in Morrison's where the pine nuts were and she said she'd never heard of pine nuts. She was in her 50s I reckon. Mind you, it's Norfolk.

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: poodlefaker on November 27, 2018, 09:30:02 AM
Robert Browning thought it meant a nun's headdress and used it in a poem. Imagine his embarrassment.

X-Factor had a Halloween Special a few weeks ago, but not one person tweeted Owls and Bats / Cowell and twats.