Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:57:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Where are you going to run away to

Started by garnish, November 21, 2018, 10:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garnish

When you don't have to keep turning up to your job or looking after your mother-in-law or whatever.

And what will you do there for food money

MuteBanana

Framlingham. Once I've won the lottery. I'll buy this place.

MoonDust

I'm already where I wanted to run away to for years. Been here since March.

Don't feel any different.

Might run away to the moon.

Head Gardener

the missus applied to go on Hunted, she claimed to have a plan but never told me about it, luckily she didn't get chosen

biggytitbo

Buelligan

MuteB's goal makes me feel happy because it's not mine at all, neither is Germany or the Moon - and that means that there's plenty of perfect to share around and it's all different, so, hopefully, everyone will eventually get a slice.

I ran away to mine quite a while ago, I pretty much love it as much as you can love a real thing.  I do menial low-paid work for food-money and I wouldn't go back to a career or a city, even at the point of a gun.  Being extremely poor can be very testing but I haven't found it as testing as trying to live in the world the way a lot of people do.

gilbertharding

Quote from: Head Gardener on November 26, 2018, 04:53:27 PM
the missus applied to go on Hunted, she claimed to have a plan but never told me about it, luckily she didn't get chosen

Shame. Telling your plan to your relatives - in fact, involving your friends and relatives in any way - is usually the first mistake made by anyone on that show.

Cuellar

Buelligan

They'll find you.  They have those heat-sensitive cameras on the helicopters now.

Head Gardener

Quote from: gilbertharding on November 26, 2018, 05:00:22 PM
Shame. Telling your plan to your relatives - in fact, involving your friends and relatives in any way - is usually the first mistake made by anyone on that show.

true, but she's applying again for next year though - she's got a lot of responsibilities (at work) so is it running away for a bit?

biggytitbo

Bridlington would be a good place to escape humanity.

Buelligan

Shit weather though.

And the rats.  Did you know, it was the 100th Anniversary of the End of Bridlington recently?

Cuellar

Quote from: Buelligan on November 26, 2018, 05:04:50 PM
They'll find you.  They have those heat-sensitive cameras on the helicopters now.

Let them come. What are they going to do? Physically drag me from the ditch, put me into clothes and carry me into the office? Then sit next to me, holding my head up and forcing my fingers to click mouse buttons and recalculate excel spreadsheets?

Frankly, I don't think they've got the man-power. A 24/7 squad of people making my limbs move and my gullet peristalsise? Good luck! Once they think it through they'll leave me be.

Head Gardener

Twed

Quote from: MuteBanana on November 26, 2018, 04:44:14 PM
Framlingham. Once I've won the lottery. I'll buy this place.
Too much chance of moving next to Ed Sheeran's parents or something

biggytitbo

Quote from: Buelligan on November 26, 2018, 05:07:27 PM
Shit weather though.

And the rats.  Did you know, it was the 100th Anniversary of the End of Bridlington recently?

Every day feels like the end when you're in Bridlington. Not the Bridlington tourist boards most successful strapline that though.

Buelligan

They should've stuck with

Quote from: Bridlington Tourist BoardBridlington - Over by Xmas

Quite snappy that, too seasonal perhaps.

Twed

If I became a multi-millionaire I'd buy the first house I ever lived in: https://britishlistedbuildings.co.uk/101322647-moze-hall-and-attached-front-wall-and-railings-ardleigh

(my family did not own this house when we lived there, please do not look at me like I am Lord Snot)

I would live here again because this was the length of the driveway:

and my standard for privacy was set by that, and has been practically unachievable since.

Queneau

I'm going to join that mentally ill tech guy on Mars.

thenoise

The disabled bogs, with a copy of the local newspaper, where I will remain for approximately 20 minutes, an extended morning read-and-shit on the company time.

After which I will return to my cubicle. That's enough freedom for one morning.

biggytitbo

You should smash your cubicle with a hammer and run off naked into a field - free.

Twed

Quote from: biggytitbo on November 26, 2018, 06:21:58 PM
You should smash your cubicle with a hammer and run off naked into a field - free.
Field admission is five pounds.

thenoise

Haven't got a hammer.  And let's face it, guess who'll be clearing it up in the end?  Muggrumps here, that's who.

Noonling

I'd go to where the magic happens - Jonestown.

In fact I'd buy up all the property where any cult has ever been.

Buelligan

biggytitbo

Quote from: thenoise on November 26, 2018, 06:57:00 PM
Haven't got a hammer.  And let's face it, guess who'll be clearing it up in the end?  Muggrumps here, that's who.

You wouldn't be there mate, you'd be out frolicking amidst the daisies, your bollocks billowing in the breeze.

Samuro

I will go to Europe. Probably will rent property in Greece (https://tranio.com/rent/greece/) and to get money for food will work in a hotel of local restaurant.

Head Gardener

Quote from: Samuro on November 27, 2018, 03:30:41 PM
I will go to Europe. Probably will rent property in Greece (https://tranio.com/rent/greece/) and to get money for food will work in a hotel of local restaurant.

I did that for 6 months and it was rubbish so don't bother, seriously

MuteBanana

Quote from: Twed on November 26, 2018, 05:12:10 PM
Too much chance of moving next to Ed Sheeran's parents or something

If they are still about I'm sure they're well away from the riff raff in the town centre and living on a large plot of land.

Depressed Beyond Tables