Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:13:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Where are you going to run away to

Started by garnish, November 21, 2018, 10:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpiderChrist

Because I always feel like running
Not away, because there is no such place
Because if there was I would have found it by now
Because it's easier to run
Easier than staying and finding out you're the only one
Who didn't run

Buelligan

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on November 27, 2018, 04:40:57 PM
Kinnegad.

Threshing.

Quote from: Tara K at TripAdvisor
Complete and utter disgrace
Review of Harry's of Kinnegad
Reviewed August 23, 2015 via mobile
Visted there Friday myself and 5 others..3 couples altogether, paid 507euro at the reception later that night my disabled brother was refused a drink because the barman said he had a wobble? Hello he has a bloody walking disability... So night Porter got involved and told the 6 of us too leave may I add 1 couple was in bed sleeping they went up and told them too go for no reason what's so ever.. We didn't check in until after 5pm and after 10pm we was told too leave and they give me back 340? Rude staff and the manager who only called me back today was so rude I don't even nowhere too start and said we got a full refund which is lies, I'd advise no one too go too this hotel we travelled from Wicklow and had too sleep in our car staff shud learn some manners and that manager how she still has a job is beyond me I recorded our chat today on the phone and I'm going too a solicitor tomorrow not only was we thrown out for no reason but they made fun of a disabled person too! And keeping over 100euro for nothing.

GMHARRYS2014, Manager at Harry's of Kinnegad, responded to this review
Responded August 26, 2015
Dear Tara

It will not be possible to give you a full review because of the extremely abusive behaviour from your group of 6 people, one of the men threatened to kill one of the managers and wreak the hotel, you told us yourselves that you were already thrown out of 2 pubs in Mullingar. The guards were called and now have a statement from the Manage who's life was threatened. Barmen have the right to refuse anyone who has too much drink on them, this is for there own safety. This is not acceptable behaviour and it was not safe for our staff or our guests to allow you to say the night. All of your money was paid paid, we have a signed receipt form one of your group to prove this. Our guests love to come to Harrys for a weekend of fun, music, relaxation and fantastic food. I will allow guests to be subject to such behaviour from a very abusive group.

Kind regards
The Manager

Heheh.  Sounds brilliant but it needs a bit of Rubberbandits.

Flatulent Fox

The French Foreign Legion.

1 - Guarding the soup
2 - Waiting for dinner
3 - Getting the newspaper

I'd run away to Washington, Tyne & Wear. A lovely place.

Brian Freeze

Remember some of the sixties all of the seventies rave my tits off and then be dead before it's proper bollocksed up in twenty years time.

Is possible.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

In the short term probably a different part of the country in a decent sized city. Probably Liverpool, they seem like they got their shit sorted up there. Anything that meant not ever having to hear another Essex accent in my life is fine by me.

In the long term, probably Transylvania to become a cool vampire.

MuteBanana

I've always considered changing my name to be a part of running away.

Buelligan

Change your shoes and all.  You'll never build up the speed required in those.  Probably twist and ankle as well.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I can't decide where to run away for good, so I do lots of smaller runnings away, or at least have done since 2013 when I sorted my life out/got dumped.

Hungary, Serbia, Bosnia, Croatia - August 2013
Belgium - December 2013
Lisbon - Jan 2014
Zadar - Apr 2014
Bologna - June 2014
Hungary, Croatia, Slovenia, Italy - September 2014
Belgium - December 2014
Malta - Jan 2015
Gdansk - April 2015
Latvia - May 2015
Krakow - July 2015
Hungary, Austria, Slovakia - September 2015
Lublin - November 2015
Prague/Belgium - December 2015
Mallorca - Jan 2016
Czechia - March 2016
Wroclaw - April 2016
Harz, Germany - May 2016
Budapest - June 2016
Krakow - August 2016
Poznan - October 2016
Lithuania - November 2016
Belgium - December 2016
Franconia - December 2016/Jan 2017
Barcelona - March 2017
Dalmatia/Montenegro - April 2017
Prague - May 2017
Budapest - June 2017
Tuscany - July 2017
Slovakia/Hungary - September 2017
Nuremberg - November 2017
Czechia - December 2017
Amsterdam - December 2017
Czechia - March 2018
Franconia - April 2018
Ireland - May 2018
Cologne & Dusseldorf - May 2018
Belgium - July 2018
Wroclaw and Krakow - August 2018
Ukraine & Poland - October 2018
Porto, Santiago, Madrid - November 2018
Cluj - December 2018

--

I call these "holidays" and plan to go on some more of them. Would recommend, like running away but a bit.

a duncandisorderly

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Working full time I'm expected to waste approx 215 days of life per year (give or take minor annual leave changes) in work.

Using bank holidays and weekends I try to maximise the length of time I can spend away, which means being open minded about where to go and when. I have usually been able to spend Annual Leave allowance x 2 doing that.

I really like the thought of starting again somewhere, but much like other aspects of my life can't decide what that is. Going all around the place (Europe anyway) in short bursts frequently seems like the best compromise between head and heart.