Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,472
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:21:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Post Beatles Beatles relationships

Started by biggytitbo, November 24, 2018, 10:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeadBishop

Beatles in descending order of willy size:

RINGO - ? - ? - JOHN

Sin Agog

Ringo's circumcised.  That has to have some effect on the final standings.

Ringo most likely has a big, thick hog. It's why he's so complacent. What has he to gain?

Sin Agog

To truly merit the appellation 'Ringo' he'd have to have a Prince Albert.

DeadBishop

DeadBishop

John though, belting out howls for his mum at the piano, following Yoko round the house like a new puppy, ratty bastard one second, glistening eyed empathy the next. Tiny cock.

Paul's got nothing to prove, but he's the kind of man who'd be fine with having a little chap anyway. Doesn't matter, does it? I'm still Paul Macca, of the Beatles.

Harrison the opposite. Could well be a decent size but he's self conscious. Comes from being a late bloomer,  surrounded by girthier, hairier things in the changing room before PE. Then he moves down to London, lives with Ringo, keeps catching odd glimpses of his monster cock when he's gettig changed, straining against the thin fabric of his pyjamas etc. Then spends a decade doing prodiguous amounts of beak, his cock leaping back up inside him. Sad fact is George had no idea that his cock was basically fine.

Ringo though. Bloody Ringo.

Replies From View

I wonder what Pete Best's cock is like.  And whether it is one of many cocks often named "The Fifth Beatle's Cock".

biggytitbo

George Martins cock is long and boring, like his anecdotes.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on December 12, 2018, 04:02:35 AM
yoko still interfering- trying to tell spector how to use a mic, ffs, but still.... better...

I think it's only fair to assume that Yoko was wholly unaware of Spector's reputation as a great record producer. After all, she'd only vaguely heard of the Beatles before meeting John.

I certainly wouldn't tell Spector how to use a mic, for fear that he would shoot me to death, but Yoko was clearly untroubled by such concerns. I also get the impression that Spector, for all his massive ego, was actually quite cowed in the presence of the Beatles. He certainly doesn't come across as a raving lunatic in any of the footage we've seen of them together, if anything he comes across as quite timid.

Replies From View

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 12, 2018, 06:57:19 PM
George Martins cock is long and boring, like his anecdotes.

I find them quite interesting.

Kevin Eldon does a good impression of George Martin's cock on Big Train.

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on December 12, 2018, 11:25:39 PMI also get the impression that Spector, for all his massive ego, was actually quite cowed in the presence of the Beatles. He certainly doesn't come across as a raving lunatic in any of the footage we've seen of them together, if anything he comes across as quite timid.

Spector took assertiveness classes just before the Rock 'n' Roll sessions.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on December 12, 2018, 11:25:39 PM
I think it's only fair to assume that Yoko was wholly unaware of Spector's reputation as a great record producer. After all, she'd only vaguely heard of the Beatles before meeting John.

I certainly wouldn't tell Spector how to use a mic, for fear that he would shoot me to death, but Yoko was clearly untroubled by such concerns. I also get the impression that Spector, for all his massive ego, was actually quite cowed in the presence of the Beatles. He certainly doesn't come across as a raving lunatic in any of the footage we've seen of them together, if anything he comes across as quite timid.

for an artist who spent time with cage, la monte young & others in NYC, she seems to have been leading either a very sheltered life or just not paying attention. I'm not convinced. I think it suited her to say these things. spector was on apple's payroll for a year as their A&R man, so she may have felt she could push him around a bit, but I don't for a minute buy that she didn't know who he was or why he was there. again- & watch her with the other musicians too- she shows absolutely no deference or respect to other artists. whether she's heard of them or not, that's just rude.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Bennett Brauer on December 13, 2018, 01:04:36 AM
Spector took assertiveness classes just before the Rock 'n' Roll sessions.

Sounds like he took too many assertiveness classes.

Glebe

I always took George's presence on 'Imagine' to be "the enemy of my enemy is my friend", i.e. he was pally with John because he disliked Paul so much at that point. Also, John, George and Ringo were being sued by Paul in 1971 and were all managed by Klein.

What's more surprising is that, in the Wenner interview, Lennon accuses George of being nasty to Yoko, yet here they are being all chums. It makes me wonder whether 'Lennon Remembers' is just a junkie talking shite and not reflective of his overall feelings. We all have dark thoughts about friends but they are brief and don't represent how we think the rest of the time, yet 'Lennon Remembers' is/was wrongly viewed as the 'real' Lennon rather than just one of his many personas: paranoid junkie Lennon.

George OTOH could be pals with you one minute and bitchy the next, given that he was both a peace-loving meditating Hare Krishna and a selfish, hedonistic, habitual drug-taking and womanizing depressive.

Finally remember that George has artistic and commercial Kudos in 1971, having released the best solo Beatles album and been the first Beatle to have a solo No. 1 single. Even Lennon probably took him seriously as an artist, albeit briefly, and still admired his guitar skills. George was on such a hot streak that he was happy to play on John's album without having anything to prove. That would change later when George's well of inspiration ran dry and he became more reclusive (especially when the 1974 tour pissed away much of his artistic credit).

SteveDave

You can download the Jann Wenner interview that became "Lennon Remembers" from iTunes for nothing and all the stuff in the book that comes across as raging is almost tossed off under his breath. It's worth hearing.

mrpupkin

Just watched Paul and Ringo play Get Back. In the flesh. About an hour ago. Mental

Nowhere Man

Bennett Brauer

Gear!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmKzOJyui7E

Saw him in Liverpool 15 years ago, and all the talk was about it being his final farewell to touring!

Nowhere Man

Sin Agog

Bennett Brauer

Pretty awesome though innit. Looking and playing like that at 76 and 78.

Replies From View

Ringo says "and errr" with a very strange accent.

Lennon used  Peacetles as a pun on the German for a rude word IIRC

1974 timeline (US-centric). Although this year produced some great ex-Beatles music, you can also see the culture moving away from them

http://somethingaboutthebeatles.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/1974-timeline.pdf

Replies From View

So much of Paul's sourness in the immediate aftermath of the Beatles split came from what Phil Spector did to his tracks on Let it Be, but he nevertheless used Spector's arrangements whenever he performed Long and Winding Road live.  He was never anxious to only have the raw version out there when it came to his solo continuation of the Let it Be material, only on the Anthologies and Naked album.

Just found it a bit weird really.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Replies From View on December 27, 2018, 09:56:43 AM
So much of Paul's sourness in the immediate aftermath of the Beatles split came from what Phil Spector did to his tracks on Let it Be, but he nevertheless used Spector's arrangements whenever he performed Long and Winding Road live.  He was never anxious to only have the raw version out there when it came to his solo continuation of the Let it Be material, only on the Anthologies and Naked album.

he's definitely the 'complicated' one of the four of them. I find most of his lyrics quite impenetrable, but not necessarily in a bad way. what the hell's this all about, for example?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_LiEjIMhoc

Quote from: Replies From View on December 27, 2018, 09:56:43 AM

What works live can be overpowering on record, whereas what works on record would be too thin in volume for the kind of stadium pop that Paul was working towards live.

Plus he's playing to the crowd, most of whom only had the Spector version to refer to in the 70s and 80s.