Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:52:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Free Encyclopedias

Started by Brian Freeze, November 26, 2018, 06:47:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Freeze

Not sure if this is the right thing to do in this section of the forum but I need help disposing of a full set of Encyclopedia Britannica.

If there was space in the house it would be nice to keep them but there isn't, so they've got to go.
I'm not keen on sticking them on EBay but would like any ideas of how to donate them or get rid without just dumping them into a recycler. It seems like a hell of a waste but they really must go and the sooner the better.

I'd even deliver then within 40 miles of Oldham If someone could/would take them off our hands. Any ideas please? Thanks.

popcorn

Try posting an ad on Gumtree: https://www.gumtree.com/for-sale/oldham

Lots of suggestions here: https://recycleforgreatermanchester.com/what-do-i-do-with/books/

I would just list them as free for whoever wants to collect them on Gumtree, Freegle and Freecycle. There might be an appropriate Facebook group too. If no one wants them call a charity shop or school or library and say you'll deliver.

PlanktonSideburns

There's a shelf in Levenshulme trainstation for people to leave books also - like a sort of take one put one back kinda deal.

Thought you were going to do the old joke about now you've a wife you don't need em lol

Brian Freeze

Thankyou for the recommendations. I thought I'd replied at the time to say that but apparently not.

Once I'd finally got fed up of tripping ver the boxes they went in less than a week via Gumtree and are going to live in an archive of advertising as a supplementary resource. Met the really interesting gentleman who runs it at the weekend and I'm really happy they've got a good home. Sorted. I've moved house with the buggers at least five times and did one of those by blke and trailer. Never again.

Icehaven

I was going to suggest a local library might have liked them (I'd have definitely had them for mine but we're a bit far from Oldham) but glad they've gone to a good home.