Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:55:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Insomnia and sick days

Started by mrpupkin, November 26, 2018, 08:42:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pingers

This is what trade unions and, ultimately, strike action are for. I work for a charity, we have just voted to strike. We know that on those days the people we help will be affected, but there comes a point where enough is enough, we work unbelievably hard the rest of the time, to the extent that when we see an ex-colleague a couple of weeks after they left the organisation, they look like they've had a year's holiday. We shouldn't normalise having a shit time at work.

dex

Quote from: Pingers on November 27, 2018, 01:52:32 PM
We shouldn't normalise having a shit time at work.

You've nailed it there, Pingers.

Norton Canes

Quote from: Janie Jones on November 27, 2018, 01:01:40 PM
This was an NHS foundation trust. The board who make the decisions are so far removed from the frontline and struggling so hard to deliver the year on year net savings that the commissioners demand from them, that you're never going to target the right people by working to rule or being selfish or uncooperative with your team and immediate superiors

I should add, it was my intention that the line manager should place the used sanitary product in the in-tray of their superior, and so on until it reaches someone of an appropriate level of authority.