Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:03:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Your Starbucks names

Started by kalowski, November 26, 2018, 09:03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski

I rarely go in to the place, but when I do I use an array of names.

Today, I'm Hector.

Think I'll use classical Greek names from now on in.

DrGreggles

"Mr and Mrs Smith"

(data protection act)

Paul Calf

mothman

Always been tempted to try the "Stephen* with a PH" one to see if they get the joke.

*Not my actual name.

thenoise

Unfortunately Starbucks coffee is completely shit. Far worse than Costa and similar price.

mothman

I prefer Starbucks. But, hey, each to their own.

kalowski

Quote from: thenoise on November 26, 2018, 09:30:54 AM
Unfortunately Starbucks coffee is completely shit. Far worse than Costa and similar price.
There was only a Starbucks. Better that than the coffee on the Virgin train.

Shit Good Nose

I know two people who have, independently of each other (they don't actually know each other), worked in Starbucks, Costa and Nero.  Both of them say that Nero is far and away the best quality coffee of the three.

I don't like coffee so I can't confirm or deny.

DrGreggles

Nero then Costa then Starbucks

Paul Calf

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on November 26, 2018, 11:04:27 AM
I know two people who have, independently of each other (they don't actually know each other), worked in Starbucks, Costa and Nero.  Both of them say that Nero is far and away the best quality coffee of the three.

I don't like coffee so I can't confirm or deny.

I have to agree. And the people in NERD seem to know their stuff a lot better. Costa are coffee whores who add too much water to their espresso so it tastes thin and bitter.

imitationleather

Worst mis-spelling of my name I've had in Starbucks was Alier.

For a start, that is not even a name.

Secondly, it sounds nothing like imitationleather.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Paul Calf on November 26, 2018, 11:32:29 AM
I have to agree. And the people in NERD seem to know their stuff a lot better. Costa are coffee whores who add too much water to their espresso so it tastes thin and bitter.

They do drive one of my mates up the wall though - when they do an Espresso (that's the little one, right?) Nero actually make and charge for two cos the machine they've got is one of those with the dual pourers.  If you're only getting one Espresso, you're paying for two whilst one of them just gets emptied down the sink.  Apparently.  I don't know cos I always have either a tea or their Milano hot choc.

BlodwynPig

Liquid opium for the laptop masses.

imitationleather

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 26, 2018, 12:22:22 PM
Liquid opium for the laptop masses.

To be honest, if there was a shop on every high street selling opium I think society would be a lot better.

shiftwork2

Starbucks infantile cutesiness makes my shit itch. Yes, that's the name I go by.

Agreed on Nero's superior coffee.  Nicer ambience in the shop too.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: imitationleather on November 26, 2018, 12:24:04 PM
To be honest, if there was a shop on every high street selling opium I think society would be a lot better.

There is, it's called Starbucks.

Plenty of opium dens in Jack the Ripper's time, too.

imitationleather

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 26, 2018, 12:25:42 PM
There is, it's called Starbucks.

Plenty of opium dens in Jack the Ripper's time, too.

People always complain about the era of The Whitechapel Murders but aside from a few unfortunate women for most it was a ruddy good laugh.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: imitationleather on November 26, 2018, 12:26:55 PM
People always complain about the era of The Whitechapel Murders but aside from a few unfortunate women for most it was a ruddy good laugh.

Those frequent 'bodies from the Tyne' have desensitised you, I see.

magval

Percy in Starbucks.

Hispanic wrestling names if it's Dominos (so Morales, Guerrero etc.)

Queneau

I don't know why Starbucks doesn't write "cunt" on the side of all of its cups and be done with it. Would certainly save a lot of time.

Josef K

I always assumed the hilolrious mispelling of people's names was just a clever marketing trick to get cunts to take photos of the offending cup and plaster it all over instagram but a quick google tells me this isn't the case.

kittens

once ordered a dominos and put my name down as Mace Windu's Purple Lightsaber and when i answered the door the guy was like 'hey, you mace windu's?'

Vodka Margarine

Brown Glop Corps
Arse Tavern
Morning Git Place
Laptop Dosspit Shithouse
Upbeat Nonsense Club

Oh, I didn't read the OP.

Icehaven

Quote from: Josef K on November 26, 2018, 12:49:15 PM
I always assumed the hilolrious mispelling of people's names was just a clever marketing trick to get cunts to take photos of the offending cup and plaster it all over instagram but a quick google tells me this isn't the case.

I bought a hot choc from a Starbucks a few weeks ago just because I happened to be walking past one and when I told them my name, before she wrote it she asked 'Is it spelled P-H-E-E?'' I was so taken aback that anyone would even think to spell Fi that way that I paused for far too long before answering, which just made it look like I wasn't sure how to spell my own name. Maybe she was thinking as in Nanny Mc but even so, what? But no she never got as far as writing it on the cup either. 

Golden E. Pump

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: mothman on November 26, 2018, 09:29:20 AM
Always been tempted to try the "Stephen* with a PH" one to see if they get the joke.

*Not my actual name.

What's the joke?  Or is it to see if some dimwit writes Phtephen?

pancreas

It's somewhere you go for a milkshake flavoured with bad coffee.

I don't go.

thenoise

Yeah Neros is nice actually, shame they don't have them don't here so I haven't visited in years.

DrGreggles

Quote from: pancreas on November 26, 2018, 01:40:33 PM
It's somewhere you go for a milkshake flavoured with bad coffee.

I don't go.

I love coffee flavoured milkshake!
And ice cream.

And coffee.