Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,396
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:20:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Your Starbucks names

Started by kalowski, November 26, 2018, 09:03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: DrGreggles on November 26, 2018, 02:35:49 PM
I love coffee flavoured milkshake!
And ice cream.

And coffee.

Don't mind Pancreas, he only drinks coffee made from the ground shit of a rare mountain baboon.

Bazooka

I don't go into cafes solo, but why are they asking your name in the first place?

Icehaven

Quote from: Bazooka on November 29, 2018, 01:02:51 PM
I don't go into cafes solo, but why are they asking your name in the first place?

So that while you're standing in the cluster of other people at the end of the counter waiting, when it's ready they shout your name instead of ''3 Large triple chocolate mochas to go'' so someone who's paid for a small cup of tea can't swing over and grab it.

Bazooka

Quote from: icehaven on November 29, 2018, 01:08:27 PM
So that while you're standing in the cluster of other people at the end of the counter waiting, when it's ready they shout your name instead of ''3 Large triple chocolate mochas to go'' and someone who's paid for a small cup of tea can't swing over and grab it.

Bloody hell, what a time to be alive.

Z

Nero >>>> Starbucks >> Costa > McDonalds

Dunno if they do actual McCafe's in the UK, but McCafe was generally better than Costa where I've had it too.

I only go to Starbucks and Costa when I've free drink (so practically weekly atm)

DrGreggles

Dunkin' Donuts do good coffee, if you're in the States*.
Although I haven't dunked any doughnuts in it.

*or somewhere else with a Dunkin' Donuts

chandler, joey or Ross, depending on what kind of fruity cunt way im feelin

Z

Quote from: DrGreggles on November 29, 2018, 01:14:54 PM
Dunkin' Donuts do good coffee, if you're in the States*.
Although I haven't dunked any doughnuts in it.

*or somewhere else with a Dunkin' Donuts
I think McDonalds bought their suppliers contract a year ago or so? Might be wrong

Dunkin Donuts have a great cup though

chveik

Queneau

So that while you're standing in the cluster of other people at the end of the counter waiting, when it's ready they shout your name instead of ''3 Large triple chocolate mochas to go'' so someone who's paid for a small cup of tea can't swing over and grab it.

Of course you could also claim to be called Colin and if you get there first then the order is yours. Unless everyone decides to say, "I am Colin" in a similar way to what they do in that classic film Colin.

grassbath

Not in Starbucks, but in the queue for MOD Pizza I witnessed a kid of about 10-11 terrify a confused pizza making woman by telling her aggressively and repeatedly to put 'Mans Not Hot' as the customer name on the box. 

Ian Drunken Smurf

Quote from: kalowski on November 26, 2018, 09:03:46 AM
I rarely go in to the place, but when I do I use an array of names.

Today, I'm Hector.

Think I'll use classical Greek names from now on in.
I do similar. Ulysses is a fond favourite. Otherwise Greek philosophers and or playwrights.

Noonling

popcorn

I experimented with using a false Starbucks name only once, in a train station outside Leeds. I said my name was Henry.

"Sorry?" said the barista.

"Henry," I said.

"One more time, please?" he said.

"Henry," I said. I looked him in the eyes. "My name is Henry."

He looked a bit skeptical but went about making the coffee. When he gave it to me the cup said "HENRION".

Beagle 2

What's wrong with numbers? Two people in a queue could easily be called James. That's why I always give my name as "69" and simulate cunnilingus, and also why I'm banned from everywhere except Pumpkin Cafe.

yesitsme

I'll NEVER buy a coffee from a café because someone told me once that Dougie Freedman owns several.

I can't remember whether it's Starbucks or Costa so I boycott them just in case.

I will only use them if I get a free voucher.  That'll teach the cunt.

Who'd have thought that Friends would make selling Cowffee such a viable business idea?  Fucking ridiculous how many coffee shops yer local shopping centre can support these days. 

That and addressing people with the phrase 'Hey!' instead of 'Hello' or 'Hi'.

'Hey'?  Who the fuck are you 'heying'.

Cunt.